Conquistador with no HRV?

Thread: Conquistador with no HRV?

Question Conquistador with no HRV?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Doxa-Sub-300T-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem

Confused. I thought that the Conquistador had the HRV. Is it possible that the dial is wrong? Just curious.
    Also has the Synchron case back. Is that right for a 1968-1970 DOXA?

Re: Conquistador with no HRV?

Quote Originally Posted by diverj007 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Doxa-Sub-300T-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem

Confused. I thought that the Conquistador had the HRV. Is it possible that the dial is wrong? Just curious.
    Also has the Synchron case back. Is that right for a 1968-1970 DOXA?
    Me too?
    For me, the conquisatdor version has been introduced in 1969, and Synchron S.A group (Cyma, Tavannes, Borel and Doxa) is born in november 1968, so the caseback could match... but a conquistador without HRV, I don't know....

DH

Guys, I bet it is Legitimate. Doxa did some strange things back then like silver dialed sharkhunters and a Orange faced Divingstar. True, they were rare to see, just like the "RR" Caribbean. It is definitely possible that it is a FrankenDoxa. I bet if someone called the guy on the phone, it is the real deal..........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Guys,

could likely be a genuine Franken watch. That is the second non HRV Conq I have seen. The other one has a silver dial. The original watch could have flooded or been beaten half to death and refurbished either by Doxa or one of the ADs in those days using bits on hand. Hence the odd dial and caseback.

Classic example is to find vintage SUBs which started life with the non changable date function movements (you had to move the hands back and forth about 12PM if you need to reset a date if you left the watch off for days) to get the newer movements which did allow easy date change when sent back to Doxa for a service.

Looks like a nice watch. Wouldn't take much to restore it and it has a very rare Conq dial, even if it doesn't have the HRV.

There was a really trashed HRV Conq doing the rounds. Actually it is pictured at the end of the Doxa book. It would be perfect to transplant the dial and movement of that watch into. And after a bit of work on the case and bezel, Ding, Ding, jackpot, very nice HRV Conq.

Pete

I saw a Conquistador on a german website dont know if it was the same one that surfaced not to long ago or maybe this is an old ad?WatchLounge | Andere Marken | For Sale Vintage Doxa's Sub 300's Divers Watches
    --Doxa 300t silver Conquistador He Valve--
    Doxa silver Conquistador (no He valve)-
    -Doxa 300t Reissue Divingstar(seahunter caseback)--
    Doxa 300t Reissue Sharkhunter

Doxa SUB600 T-Graph Pro Reissue (2005)
    Doxa 300t sharkhunter--
    Aqualung U.S.Divers Sharkhunter (Quartz)
    Panerai Pam86-- Panerai Pam199 Regatta --Panera Pam217 Destro --Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Sapphire caseback---Omega Seamaster PreBond-
    2002 Marathon Sar

Guys, I have an orange faced Conquistador with no HRV. I've been meaning to send it to Dr. Pete for a exam, but just haven't gotten around to it. My assumption is that it is a franken SUB that had the dial replaced at some point with a Conquistador dial.
    Remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep. - Rudyard Kipling

Went for $1300.00 Do you think it was a good buy?

I would have paid more, except I am "Doxa Poor" right now.......
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by ticketgeorge View Post
    Went for $1300.00 Do you think it was a good buy?
    I do, especially as it is stated he is the original owner. I recall the one Pete was talking about. My guess is it was born as a Pro or Sharkie and had the dial replaced with the only one whoever did it had available at the moment.

Nice, unique piece! Did anyone here get it?

Paul

Thread Information