Considering a GMT 750T Caribbean

Thread: Considering a GMT 750T Caribbean

Considering a GMT 750T Caribbean

I don't own a Doxa, but I am tempted by the GMT 750T Caribbean. I have looked at GMT watches from several manufacturers and I see that they work two different ways with regard to setting the time. In my opinion, the right way is that the GMT hand remains stationary when you set the regular hour/minute hands. The wrong way is that the GMT hand moves at the same time when setting regular hour hand (half as far).

My reasoning is that the if I fly from Las Vegas to New York, and I land at 11 AM, I need to move the regular hour hand from 8 to 11. However, GMT did not change. It is still 15:00 GMT.

I've found that the only brands that do it the way I want are Rolex, Omega and Blancpain. The others I've tried, like Breitling and Sinn do it the other way.

So, how does Doxa do it?

Re: Considering a GMT 750T Caribbean

I'm not really sure. The way I use my GMT is that because it will display 3 timezones at the sametime I have it set for local (pst) EST, and GMT. I never have to mess with it. In anycase here is the link to the on-line manual that might help.

http://www.doxawatches.com/750manual...MT_manual.html
    John M.

Unfortunately the on-line manual does not describe this function. It only tells you what position the crown should be in to adjust each of the hands. It does not tell you if the GMT hand moves when you turn the crown in position 4. The animation shows that it does not move, but I don't think that is enough evidence for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jplybrand View Post
    Unfortunately the on-line manual does not describe this function. It only tells you what position the crown should be in to adjust each of the hands. It does not tell you if the GMT hand moves when you turn the crown in position 4. The animation shows that it does not move, but I don't think that is enough evidence for me.
    If I remember correctly, wish I had it here with me ... it depends on which direction you turn the crown ... CW would turn one hand and CCW turned the other. So they are do not turn at the sametime.
    John M.

Okay now I remember .... in P3 CCW changes the date, CW will change the large skeleton hand that I use for the GMT ... the other crown top one changes the GMT Dial .... so they all work separate from each other ... it really is slick they way they do it.
    John M.

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Also feel free to give us a call with any/all questions regarding the 750T GMTs -

We have them in all four versions:

Professional = Orange
    Sharkhunter = Black
    Divingstar = Yellow
    Caribbean = Blue

(877) 255 - 5017

The Inventors of Orange -

DOXA

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Jplybrand, Welcome to the Doxa Forum!

Sorry to tell you that Doxa does use a system that changes the GMT hand when you change the standard hands. However, there is a twist that may make the Doxa GMT more of what you want. There are two 24 hour registers on the watch, the perimeter of the dial, and a movable chapter ring just outside the dial. If you used the chapter ring as GMT, it would be a simple matter to move the ring one hour ahead (via the top crown) after resetting the standard hands, thus compensating for the movement of the GMT hand when you set the standard hands ahead. The third timezone is tracked on the other 24 hour scale.

Hope I've been clear, and not muddied the waters . Best of luck on what you decide.

Last edited by T Bone; October 2nd, 2008 at 03:38.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Jplybrand, where in Las Vegas are you? I'm in the northeast, Stewart and Hollywood area and I work at Bellagio. I have a Caribbean GMT (and a few other Doxas), and I'd be happy to meet up with you if you want to see them "in the flesh" so to speak !!

PM me if you're interested.

Jeremy
    Proud owner of:

Doxa SUB 600T Dirk Pitt 1029/3000
    Doxa SUB750T Caribbean 32/250 (Thanks Steve)
    Doxa SUB 300T Seahunter 909/1000 (Thanks Daniel)
    Doxa Deco
    Doxa SUB 750T Searambler 149/3000
    Doxa SUB 750T Caribbean GMT 232/1000
    Doxa SUB 5000T Seaconqueror Professional 76/5000 (Thanks Nick)
    Doxa SUB 1200T Professional NUMA 22/50

Gone, but not forgotten:
    Doxa SUB 600T-Graph Sharkhunter 20/250 (Enjoy Bill)
    Doxa SUB 5000T Seaconqueror Sharkhunter 75/5000 (Enjoy Nick)

Thread Information