Considering my first Doxa...
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheWraith
  • 1 Post By TheWraith

Thread: Considering my first Doxa...

Considering my first Doxa...

My watch obsession de jour is a Doxa sub and while I'd love to have a 750t Dirk Pitt I have to settle on a 1200t to start. The professional is the natural choice with the caribbean just edging out the searambler but without the caribbean being available my question is: Is the Numa dial the same blue as the the caribbean? Hard to tell online but it does look darker.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Considering my first Doxa...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post
    My watch obsession de jour is a Doxa sub and while I'd love to have a 750t Dirk Pitt I have to settle on a 1200t to start. The professional is the natural choice with the caribbean just edging out the searambler but without the caribbean being available my question is: Is the Numa dial the same blue as the the caribbean? Hard to tell online but it does look darker.
    NUMA blue is darker than Caribbean blue. Right now, I'm waiting on my 1200T NUMA to arrive, but it's the same blue as my 1000T TUSA. They're both great shades of blue, so you can't go wrong either way.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

The NUMA blue is definitely darker than the Caribbean, but you can't go wrong with any of them. I picked the Searambler because of the versatility, but it barely edged out some of the others.

They're all great though.

-T

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well I was sitting on the fence and had just placed an order for the 1200T professional and a 750T Dirk Pitt popped up on the sale forums, I canceled my order and made the Dirk Pitt mine.

I have now joined the ranks of official Doxa owners. I have to say I am more than happy with this watch and it will be a keeper, I see no reason to sell it, I wish I could say the same for others I have purchased.
    Vincent Kolakowski likes this.

I think that you have made a wise decision. The 750T has always been on my wish list.
    Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600
    Rolex GMT-Master 16750
    Stowa Marine Original
    Seiko 6309-7040
    Seiko 6105-8000

Congratulations! You can't go wrong with a 750T Dirk Pitt Professional, and at the prices they are trading these days represents an outstanding value. With its larger classic case size and BOR bracelet the 750T was their best series in the eyes of many of us.

After two days on the wrist I know why these watches have a following, I love the build quality and while most of my other watches were <$500 this step up is readily apparent.

I am very happy that I didn't cave in and buy a 5000T, I think this one wears at my limit for size, but now I can look forward to finding a 1200T carribean.
    Vincent Kolakowski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by skin diver View Post
    Congratulations! You can't go wrong with a 750T Dirk Pitt Professional, and at the prices they are trading these days represents an outstanding value. With its larger classic case size and BOR bracelet the 750T was their best series in the eyes of many of us.
    I noticed if you want a new DOXA sub and like the searambler dial, the only option is a 1200T. Beautiful watches but due to dial size, I think I'd prefer the 750T. But they are out of production and apparently the rarest model if 750T.

I wonder when a 750T replacement will come out. I just want a slightly larger 1200T sub. With the beads of rice bracelet and a domed sapphire, like the 1200 if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Horologic View Post
    I noticed if you want a new DOXA sub and like the searambler dial, the only option is a 1200T. Beautiful watches but due to dial size, I think I'd prefer the 750T. But they are out of production and apparently the rarest model if 750T.

I wonder when a 750T replacement will come out. I just want a slightly larger 1200T sub. With the beads of rice bracelet and a domed sapphire, like the 1200 if possible.
    I agree I love all them different color dial choices of the 1200 series but its just to small for my wrists. I think the 750 is the perfect size Doxa next to my 4000t. I don't think I could part with my 750 Searambler grail watch.

Thread Information