DC Dive Show

Thread: DC Dive Show

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DC Dive Show

I went to the DC Dive Show this weekend. I knew from checking out the vendors list that Doxa wasn't going to be there (actually, no dive watch companies were there), but I think they are really missing out on a chance to get their brand in the public eye by not doing these shows. I guess what I'm wondering is does Doxa go to the larger shows? The DC show is small, so I can kinda understand why they aren't there (although I wish they were), but I would think that larger shows would be a gold mine of publicity and sales for Doxa and others.
    Todd

Fortune favors the bold. Virgil (70 BC - 19 BC)

In wine there is wisdom, in Scotch there is strength, In beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: DC Dive Show

Quote Originally Posted by TMahaun View Post
    I went to the DC Dive Show this weekend. I knew from checking out the vendors list that Doxa wasn't going to be there (actually, no dive watch companies were there), but I think they are really missing out on a chance to get their brand in the public eye by not doing these shows. I guess what I'm wondering is does Doxa go to the larger shows? The DC show is small, so I can kinda understand why they aren't there (although I wish they were), but I would think that larger shows would be a gold mine of publicity and sales for Doxa and others.
    While we're waiting for the official word from DOXA, I'll dare to speculate. My guess is no, they don't have representation at the diving shows around the country. I feel that if they did have a booth, we'd have heard about it by now.

Where DOXa is in their game right now, I doubt it would make much sense financially. The thing about shows like these....you're luck as a vendor, to really make any money at them. By the time you factor in the booth fee, food, lodging and travel expenses, you're lucky if you break even. Most companies view these shows strictly as advertising venues to gain public exposure to their product. If you break even it's been a good show, and it normally takes two people to run a booth and eats up an entire weekend. I don't think DOXA has the man power here in the US, to take time away from customer service issues, to set up and run a booth.

Another thing too, is that I'd be very surprised if regular(non-WIS) dive show patrons are really their customers anyway. Divers, while notorious for spending thousands on dive gear and travel, typically don't spend jack on a watch. Just look at the watch related threads on Scubaboard. Seems that most divers(at least over there) almost pride themselves on how little they've spent on a watch, and scoff at more expensive brands. Unless DOXA had something under $300 to offer(and quartz), I'm afraid the Sub line would be lost on most people.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Todd,

SEND THE BLUE SEARAMBLER BACK. I miss it.

Todd
    BROKER

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Todd,

Todd
    I'm sorry for your loss but this struck me as downright hilarious.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Todd,

Todd
    You'll have to fight my sister for it. She's been wearing it until she gets her own one.
    Todd

Fortune favors the bold. Virgil (70 BC - 19 BC)

In wine there is wisdom, in Scotch there is strength, In beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by TMahaun View Post
    You'll have to fight my sister for it. She's been wearing it until she gets her own one.
    How big a girl is she? I think I can take her.

Todd
    BROKER

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Divers, while notorious for spending thousands on dive gear and travel, typically don't spend jack on a watch.
    Agreed, my diver friends just laugh when I show my latest dive watch. They use the word poser quite a bit, lol. They swear by their dive computers, and no one uses a backup watch.
    DW

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    Agreed, my diver friends just laugh when I show my latest dive watch. They use the word poser quite a bit, lol. They swear by their dive computers, and no one uses a backup watch.
    DW
    That's funny David. Where I come from, they're the poseurs.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Some good points here raised by one and all!

The main issue which is somewhat addressed here is really about retail.

Presently we have a small and growing number of retailers. We are presently only working with watch specialty jewelers in the US.

We will, in the not so distant future, be making some visits to several dive related events - and the first one is right around the corner - stay tuned!

The Inventors of Orange
    DOXA

Would that
    "in the not so distant future, be making some visits to several dive related events - and the first one is right around the corner "
    be like around November 1st?
    Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information