Dealing with Doxa (US buyers) - Page 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dealing with Doxa (US buyers)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Dealing with Doxa (US buyers)

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling Moss View Post
    Here we go again...

So I ordered a Pro 1200t on March 22. Received it on April 8th. So that's 17 days as the crow flies or 15 counting Saturdays, or 12 regular business days. I had no confirmation of anything other than my credit card being charged until April 5th.

It's a challenge for sure. Although less hoops to jump through than buying a new Rolex from what I hear...

Have patience, Doxa time isn't that bad in comparison.
    I ordered a 1200T two weeks ago on a Saturday and it showed up Wednesday morning

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling Moss View Post
    Here we go again...

So I ordered a Pro 1200t on March 22. Received it on April 8th. So that's 17 days as the crow flies or 15 counting Saturdays, or 12 regular business days. I had no confirmation of anything other than my credit card being charged until April 5th.

It's a challenge for sure. Although less hoops to jump through than buying a new Rolex from what I hear...

Have patience, Doxa time isn't that bad in comparison.
    I ordered a 1200T two weeks ago on a Saturday and it showed up Wednesday morning

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

I ordered a 1200T Sharkhunter on 4/27, still showing as "Processing".
    The website said "2 Week Delivery" on the Sharkhunter, and still does:
    SUB 1200T Sharkhunter | doxawatches.com

This link, for the same watch doesn't say any delay:
    https://shop.doxawatches.com/shop/su...v=7516fd43adaa

Is there a difference between these two order points? (their various order points is confusing)

The main page from my order point said "free shipping to the US" but they initially charged me $29 for Fed-Ex delivery. I emailed customer service and the credit was received in under an hour, on a Sunday, so that was impressive.
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I ordered mine early this year and got it in four days to the west coast. Pretty amazing actually.

Still seeking an answer to my question below.
    Why is there two different order sites, where one shows a 2 week delivery, the other shows no delay?

Quote Originally Posted by riff raff View Post
    I ordered a 1200T Sharkhunter on 4/27, still showing as "Processing".
    The website said "2 Week Delivery" on the Sharkhunter, and still does:
    SUB 1200T Sharkhunter | doxawatches.com

This link, for the same watch doesn't say any delay:
    https://shop.doxawatches.com/shop/su...v=7516fd43adaa

Is there a difference between these two order points? (their various order points is confusing)

The main page from my order point said "free shipping to the US" but they initially charged me $29 for Fed-Ex delivery. I emailed customer service and the credit was received in under an hour, on a Sunday, so that was impressive.
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

Why is there two different order sites, where one shows a 2 week delivery, the other shows no delay?
    I chatted with them 2 days ago and they said all 1200Ts are 2 weeks except Professional which is to ship in August.

Excellent,
    I appreciate that update, I'm on the home stretch!

I only check the online store order status a couple of dozen times daily.....anxious much?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckaDiesel View Post
    I chatted with them 2 days ago and they said all 1200Ts are 2 weeks except Professional which is to ship in August.
    adg31 likes this.
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    Thanks for an interesting statistic with 95% of Doxa sold in the US!

Under the new management you mention will Doxa now be looking at growing the wider market by equalising the pricing for Doxa watches so that in future non-US buyers get the same break with the Tax paid by Doxa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quite apart from tax and customs duties paid by non-US customers, another way DOXA could help its non-US customers is with shipping fees.

I understand that US customers receive free shipping and items are sent by FedEx International Priority (1-2 days to USA).

On the other hand, non-US customers pay for shipping. To Europe, this costs US$25 - and then, to add insult to injury, the items are only sent by FedEx International Economy (3-5 days to U.K.). How is that fair?

Incidentally, I and others have sometimes been charged twice for shipping ($25 for preorder, $25 for completion payment)... and then, try to get the extra $25 refunded! Very difficult.

Those of us who have brought a number of DOXAs have paid literally 100s of $$$ for shipping, and for a slower shipping option!

Come on please, DOXA, this is one relatively minor issue that irritates loyal customers and can easily be sorted out by you.

Cheers!
    adg31 likes this.

Dealing with Doxa (US buyers)

Quote Originally Posted by Des2471 View Post
    Quite apart from tax and customs duties paid by non-US customers, another way DOXA could help its non-US customers is with shipping fees.

I understand that US customers receive free shipping and items are sent by FedEx International Priority (1-2 days to USA).

On the other hand, non-US customers pay for shipping. To Europe, this costs US$25 - and then, to add insult to injury, the items are only sent by FedEx International Economy (3-5 days to U.K.). How is that fair?

Incidentally, I and others have sometimes been charged twice for shipping ($25 for preorder, $25 for completion payment)... and then, try to get the extra $25 refunded! Very difficult.

Those of us who have brought a number of DOXAs have paid literally 100s of $$$ for shipping, and for a slower shipping option!

Come on please, DOXA, this is one relatively minor issue that irritates loyal customers and can easily be sorted out by you.

Cheers!
    Good point, well made!

The FedEx shipping has never proved very successful for me with numerous days sat at home only to find out that the watch isn't even in the country despite being promised delivery on that day and when asked FedEx effectively saying 'what do you expect it's only our cheap economy service (to deliver your £2,000 watch)?' :(

There are now an increasing number of competitors, such as Christopher Ward, offering free delivery (and free returns for that matter) for product at a lower price point which does make the Doxa option start to look rather dated.

However, I suppose it all depends if Doxa see themselves essentially as a US only brand - or if they have genuine strategic ambitions to grow the current 5% of non-US sales?

My hope is that they do push for greater non US sales as they have a fantastic product, with a great history - which chimes perfectly with the current retro theme in the watch World.

Des2471 and achilles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    Good point, well made!

The FedEx shipping has never proved very successful for me with numerous days sat at home only to find out that the watch isn't even in the country despite being promised delivery on that day and when asked FedEx effectively saying 'what do you expect it's only our cheap economy service (to deliver your £2,000 watch)?' :(

There are now an increasing number of competitors, such as Christopher Ward, offering free delivery (and free returns for that matter) for product at a lower price point which does make the Doxa option start to look rather dated.

However, I suppose it all depends if Doxa see themselves essentially as a US only brand - or if they have genuine strategic ambitions to grow the current 5% of non-US sales?

My hope is that they do push for greater non US sales as they have a fantastic product, with a great history - which chimes perfectly with the current retro theme in the watch World.

I totally agree with you! I've had a few days at home waiting for FedEx...

It would be really good if DOXA could improve the whole buying experience for nonUS customers.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information