Dealing with Doxa (US buyers)
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dealing with Doxa (US buyers)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dealing with Doxa (US buyers)

Hello US friends,

I have a question. Have you run into issues dealing with Doxa. My father was trying to purchase a Sub from the website. A month after making the purchase, and not getting the watch, he was told that the watch he purchased was actually all sold out. This was never stated on the site (obviously the site allowed him to make the purchase). Can anyone give me some insight into this?

DOXA forum moderator

Re: Dealing with Doxa (US buyers)

Quote Originally Posted by jenya79 View Post
    Hello US friends,

I have a question. Have you run into issues dealing with Doxa. My father was trying to purchase a Sub from the website. A month after making the purchase, and not getting the watch, he was told that the watch he purchased was actually all sold out. This was never stated on the site (obviously the site allowed him to make the purchase). Can anyone give me some insight into this?
    Hi, I dont know the circumstances under which you Father has ordered the watch, but any watch that is not ready to ship usually immediately is listed as such. DOXA has been shipping 95% of the watches to the US since 2001 and delivery takes either 1 day for the east cost of 2 days for the west cost.

Watches on pre-order are usually listed as such and are not delivered immediately

Since the new doxa management has taken over in 2019, some models are now built on order and usually take 5 to 10 days to ship
    perfectlykevin and achilles like this.
    DOXA independent forum moderator since 2010.

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jenya79 View Post
    Hello US friends,

Hi, I dont know the circumstances under which you Father has ordered the watch, but any watch that is not ready to ship usually immediately is listed as such. DOXA has been shipping 95% of the watches to the US since 2001 and delivery takes either 1 day for the east cost of 2 days for the west cost.

Watches on pre-order are usually listed as such and are not delivered immediately

Since the new doxa management has taken over in 2019, some models are now built on order and usually take 5 to 10 days to ship

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post

Thanks for an interesting statistic with 95% of Doxa sold in the US!

Under the new management you mention will Doxa now be looking at growing the wider market by equalising the pricing for Doxa watches so that in future non-US buyers get the same break with the Tax paid by Doxa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Des2471 likes this.

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post

Under the new management you mention will Doxa now be looking at growing the wider market by equalising the pricing for Doxa watches so that in future non-US buyers get the same break with the Tax paid by Doxa?

Hi, I am sorry, I dont think this is planned in the future due to the fact that the US tax averages only 3.5% and the European VAT ranges from 19 to 25%

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post

Hi, I am sorry, I dont think this is planned in the future due to the fact that the US tax averages only 3.5% and the European VAT ranges from 19 to 25%

Here we go again...

So I ordered a Pro 1200t on March 22. Received it on April 8th. So that's 17 days as the crow flies or 15 counting Saturdays, or 12 regular business days. I had no confirmation of anything other than my credit card being charged until April 5th.

It's a challenge for sure. Although less hoops to jump through than buying a new Rolex from what I hear...

Have patience, Doxa time isn't that bad in comparison.

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling Moss View Post
    Here we go again...

So I ordered a Pro 1200t on March 22. Received it on April 8th. So that's 17 days as the crow flies or 15 counting Saturdays, or 12 regular business days. I had no confirmation of anything other than my credit card being charged until April 5th.

It's a challenge for sure. Although less hoops to jump through than buying a new Rolex from what I hear...

Have patience, Doxa time isn't that bad in comparison.
    Everyone has his own experience, and doxa isn't perfect, but this one I don't understand, because since February 2019, the SUB1200T professional was listed with a 2 week deliver time, which is exactly the time you received it in

So the watch My dad ordered was the sub1200t professional. I see now on the site it says that it is backorderd until August. How long has it been on backorder. Be ordered it I think 6-7 weeks ago now. When he found out it wasn't going to get here when he needed it he ended up switching to the Project Aware.
    Londonboy likes this.

Everyone has his own experience, and doxa isn't perfect, but this one I don't understand, because since February 2019, the SUB1200T professional was listed with a 2 week deliver time, which is exactly the time you received it in
    DOXA S.A., I'll tell you a little secret. I personally called Andy and was told differently...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information