Dear Doxa, dare I ask?

Thread: Dear Doxa, dare I ask?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Dear Doxa, dare I ask?

Doxa, you've done a bang up job here in recent months. Look at the accomplishments! The 1000T was released, not only the Pro, but also a Divingstar and a Sharkhunter. And, it was scarcely a year ago that the GMT models were initially introduced.

Next up, the announcement of the new two subdial T-Graph! On top of that, and even as many await pics of a prototype or production model T-Graph, you bring us the new 5000T in Professional trim. With all that, I know it's asking a bunch, but do you know when (there can be no if!) a Supershark (5000T Sharkhunter) will be released? Those hands and indicies simply beg for a gloss black dial! (Yes, please consider gloss, as the 750T Sharkhunter used to be, I think it may be the most stunning Doxa Sub ever built! No offense to orange, my 750T Pro is still my favorite ).

Whatdaya say guys, got one more rabbit in that hat?

************************************************** *********************************
    reply from DOXA
    ************************************************** *********************************
    Dear T Bone, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR NICE WORDS !! you know, how much your opinion means to us, the DOXA elves have been working real hard, in fact I have not had a day off since March 2007 until yesterday, after I saw the overwhelming feedback on the new SUB5000T.

now, back to your initial request, Because of the limited capacity we have for the SUB5000T, especially, because of the very special and fine movement used in there, that is not easy to get in large quantities like a 2824, we are opting for the Sharkhunter early next year, BUT, I can have a maximum of 20 pieces made before mid December, if I get enough feedback from you. Do you mind if you start a poll? I will immediately supply a pre-order link if we have enough pre-orders

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 4th, 2007 at 07:47.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Re: Dear Doxa, dare I ask?

What exactly is the gloss black dial made of? It doesn't appear to be metallic and therefore may pose a problem with the welded indices of the 5000T. I can see some slight curviture (indentation?) on my 750T gloss black dial around the date aperture and the canon pinion that does not exist on my metallic Searambler.

Can anyone else confirm what I'm saying?

This is a great development! Would a Sharkhunter version of the 5000T still have the blue Seaconqueror script on the dial?

Reply by DOXA

NO, as blue is not really the best match with black, the typical DOXA combination will be used, ORANGE

rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 4th, 2007 at 13:04.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Supershark available soon....sounds like a winner....how generous the Doxa santa is!

Quote Originally Posted by SMSgt Bo View Post
    This is a great development! Would a Sharkhunter version of the 5000T still have the blue Seaconqueror script on the dial?

Reply by DOXA

NO, as blue is not really the best match with black, the typical DOXA combination will be used, ORANGE

rick
    Thanks Rick, that combo sounds perfect! I look forward to seeing the prototype.

I'M IN!!!!!!!!! I was a little on the fence with the Super as I've already fulfilled my full on orange need and can't really wear an orange watch to work. But a SuperSharky.....Yeah I'm def. in if you have a pre-order for them.
    Last edited by MaxStatic; November 4th, 2007 at 17:26. Reason: typo
    I have too many watches.....

Me too! Un-official mck-up...

Did we just get a hint at #9/10??

I am definitely in for one!

That looks AMAZING!!! I think I just drooled....

Rick, I know you have been working extremely hard putting together the orange dial version; but the black combination just looks fantastic!! I think its just as sporty as the orange but can easily be worn with a suit. Cant wait to see an "official" pic!!

Thanks for all that you do!

Mike
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information