Dear fellow DOXA lovers.

Thread: Dear fellow DOXA lovers.

Dear fellow DOXA lovers.

I have 3 different requests which I hope might shed more light on my decision making. Back in 2011 I sold a 5000T Caribbean SUB and have regretted it ever science. The reason was finances and nothing more. I am searching for the same watch BNIB or as darn close as possible but fear that this will not happen, any suggestions on this? Next I wish to see some pics of a Seiko Monster next to a 1200T SUB, this will give me a good idea of the size of a 1200T. And finally can I get some wrist pics of a 7.5" wrist with also a 1200T SUB. Guys and gals these 3 requests will immensely help me to do some decision making. Thank you for your time, Stromboli.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Dear fellow DOXA lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromboli View Post
    I have 3 different requests which I hope might shed more light on my decision making. Back in 2011 I sold a 5000T Caribbean SUB and have regretted it ever science. The reason was finances and nothing more. I am searching for the same watch BNIB or as darn close as possible but fear that this will not happen, any suggestions on this? Next I wish to see some pics of a Seiko Monster next to a 1200T SUB, this will give me a good idea of the size of a 1200T. And finally can I get some wrist pics of a 7.5" wrist with also a 1200T SUB. Guys and gals these 3 requests will immensely help me to do some decision making. Thank you for your time, Stromboli.
    Stromboli, DOXA still has the 5000T Caribbean available on their website, if you truly want one factory fresh. The best thing about that option, is you can have it on your wrist by the end of next week. If you want to try and find one BNIB, you can always post a "Want to Buy" in the appropriate area here in the sales forum on WUS. That option might take a while though, but since it sounds like it will be a forever keeper, you won't lose buying it new from DOXA.

I can't help with the other two requests, but hopefully other members will come along who can.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Here is a pic of my 1000T next to a Seiko Monster -- I believe the diameter is the same on the 1200T:

My wrist is a 7.25", and I find the 1000T to be a comfortable size in scale with my wrist. I'd wear it over my Monster any day of the week.

Hope that helps!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, not the sharpest iPhone pics, but here is my Black Monster and Doxa 1200t PRO!
    They are both about the same size and wear in a similar fashion. The Monster does have longer Lug to Lug length though.
    My Doxa 1200t has always been an eye catcher and gets a lot of compliments/ noticed. Although the Monster has obtained one or two compliments in the short time I have owned it too.
    Both fit my 7.15" wrist perfectly. The beads of rice bracelet balances the Doxa very nicely on the wrist.
    Changing bracelet to strap on the Doxa is a real nightmare though. Always a real tight fit. On the Monster the drilled lugs allow for a change in 2 seconds! Still, the 1200t is obviously the more refined watch and I would never sell it for anything!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by MasterBlaster300; July 20th, 2013 at 16:27.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional, 3570.5....!
    The one and only MoonWatch!!
    Omega 2220.8 SMP Luv it!
    MM300, Iconic Seiko Diver
    Doxa 1200t Pro Luv it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Stromboli, DOXA still has the 5000T Caribbean available on their website, if you truly want one factory fresh. The best thing about that option, is you can have it on your wrist by the end of next week. If you want to try and find one BNIB, you can always post a "Want to Buy" in the appropriate area here in the sales forum on WUS. That option might take a while though, but since it sounds like it will be a forever keeper, you won't lose buying it new from DOXA.

I can't help with the other two requests, but hopefully other members will come along who can.
    Was going to e-mail you from work last night but system was down. Yes I saw the DOXA website but I think it is Sold Out. Thanks for your efforts anyways.

Awsome looking pics, I now have somewhere to at least go from never actually having anything less in size on my wrist than a 5000T. For me it really seems that I should keep at least with something close to the 44mm in size group. Hey, please don't get me wrong I think yours is fabulous and a real looker. Thanks for posting the pictures. Stromboli.

Yes it does help, as I explained to someone else who posted their pic I now have better insight as to what some of the sizes are in relation to the various DOXA models. Thanks for the input. Stromboli.

Awsome looking pics, I now have somewhere to at least go from never actually having anything less in size on my wrist than a 5000T. For me it really seems that I should keep at least with something close to the 44mm in size group. Hey, please don't get me wrong I think yours is fabulous and a real looker. Thanks for posting the pictures. Stromboli.
    No problem! The 1200t fits my 7.15" wrist perfectly! The 5000t would have been just too big on my wrist!
    Doxa really does a good job at providing different size watches!
    B.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional, 3570.5....!
    The one and only MoonWatch!!
    Omega 2220.8 SMP Luv it!
    MM300, Iconic Seiko Diver
    Doxa 1200t Pro Luv it!!!!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Was going to e-mail you from work last night but system was down. Yes I saw the DOXA website but I think it is Sold Out. Thanks for your efforts anyways.
    I would contact them anyway, just to be sure. There have been cases with other models, where the website said they were sold out, but someone had cancelled an order, or returned one, so there was one left. They also might have a COSC version left too, so check it out first before giving up on getting a new one.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thread Information