Decisions Decisions that is the question

Thread: Decisions Decisions that is the question

Decisions Decisions that is the question

Hello to all. I am new to the doxa world and feel i am on the verge of a serious addiction. I'll get right to the point. I am about to order a new Doxa but to my surprise i feel like a chic and cant make up my mind. I'm torm between the sharky 1000 or 5000 then theres the little twist called the military. My question which i hope someone can help with is I'm leaning heavily towards the 1000 military because of the orange minute hand and the appearance of the 5 minute indices. My only concern is will the 1000 be to small. Now dont get me wrong I'm average size appx 6 3/4 to 7 inch wrist. I like some of the big watches w/o super thickness. I saw the specs on Doxa's site and they are minimal a couple of mm. So I don't think the difference of size will be drastic. Wont be doing any major deep dives. That said if any one with a 7 inch wrist could give their opinion on that size it would be appreciated. Also I realize PVD will scratch.But so does ss. My question is how is the quality of that process. Do the slight scuffs add character as as some do or does it totally trash the watch. Those who have had PVD know those differences. I guess I'm just looking for one of the experienced Dox-a-holics to provide their advice to an up and comming Dox-a-holic. Thanks for all your help in advance it is greatly appreciated.

Re: Decisions Decisions that is the question

The 5000t is a substantial watch. One of the biggest and heaviest I have owned. It wears really well though because the bracelet is well balanced and thick enough to offset the watch itself. I like big heavy divers. The 1000t is not as big or heavy. Wears really well also. Still plenty big. Both have a lot of wrist prescence and tons of style. Hope this helps.

edit: Whoops-7.5-7.6" wrist.

1000t

5000t
    Last edited by moishlashen; September 20th, 2008 at 17:20.

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

You do have one other possible option - I believe - and if you call my colleague Andy today (Saturday) or myself on Monday we can confirm, but I believe we have a handful of the 750T Sharkhunters. These are the END OF THE RUN - they are the last NEW/unworn 750T Time only pieces left. We do not have them posted on the main website because they are too limited.

This is the classic 750T Case size with the black face AND the orange minute hand.

As I said, we only have a few left - if any at all. So that would be a nice "compromise" piece for you.

Give us a call at:

(877) 255 - 5017

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by skillet View Post
    Hello to all. I am new to the doxa world and feel i am on the verge of a serious addiction. I'll get right to the point. I am about to order a new Doxa but to my surprise i feel like a chic and cant make up my mind. I'm torm between the sharky 1000 or 5000 then theres the little twist called the military. My question which i hope someone can help with is I'm leaning heavily towards the 1000 military because of the orange minute hand and the appearance of the 5 minute indices. My only concern is will the 1000 be to small. Now dont get me wrong I'm average size appx 6 3/4 to 7 inch wrist. I like some of the big watches w/o super thickness. I saw the specs on Doxa's site and they are minimal a couple of mm. So I don't think the difference of size will be drastic. Wont be doing any major deep dives. That said if any one with a 7 inch wrist could give their opinion on that size it would be appreciated. Also I realize PVD will scratch.But so does ss. My question is how is the quality of that process. Do the slight scuffs add character as as some do or does it totally trash the watch. Those who have had PVD know those differences. I guess I'm just looking for one of the experienced Dox-a-holics to provide their advice to an up and comming Dox-a-holic. Thanks for all your help in advance it is greatly appreciated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Holding out on us, huh?

Welcome to the forum.
    It looks like you are at the wrist size that is in between.
    You asked for an opinion so I will give you mine. I have a 6 1/2' wrist size. I have tried numerous time to get comfortable with the larger case size (750T, 5000T and T-Graph) but just couldn't do it. I think at 7' it would be fine but they just looked too large on me (just my opinion).
    I have sold all of my above larger watches and replaced with the 1000Ts.
    Ultimately it will come down to your opinion which is all that really counts.
    Some think the 1000T size is small but it is thick and feels substantial. If the trend wasn't so much to large watches, most would think the 1000T was "large". I have an old Rolex 16800 Sub that feel like a toy compared to my Doxa.
    Good luck.

Bill

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it. I really love the look of the military sharky. I do have a fair amount of watches and have got rid of even more. Yes the trend seems to be bigger. I must say as far as size would you guys say the 1000t is bigger than say a 2 year old rolex yachtmaster or one of my favvorites my seiko Blue monster.Those two watches seem to fit me well but a little bigger would be nice. By looking at your awesome wrist shot you posted the profile looks great how does it appear as you look down to it. As far as the 750 I saw that post on another thread as far as you guys comming into the 10 from retail but like I said earlier I really dig that stealthy look. I work as a firefighter so a hot looking watch is a must and I think (mho) that milshark is definately hot. Have only had minimal experience with PVD so a little apprehensive but I have so many TI and SS its time for a little change. If any one happens to have a wrist shot looking down at 1000t shark and happens to have appx. a 7 inch wrist and your really bored and have time could you hook a future Dox-a-holic out and post it. Thanks guys you are the best and appreciate your help
    Last edited by skillet; September 20th, 2008 at 19:38.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Skillet, to the Doxa Forum!

The size issue is actually a very personal one. I've found the 750T is about perfect for me (7.25 inch wrist), though I don't think the 1000T is too small. But keep in mind with the cusion case, the dial does look smaller than what you may expect. That said, the 1000T Military Sharkhunter is fantastic, the spittin' image of the (only) slightly larger 750T Milshark (which I'm a proud owner of). There was a recent post with pics side by side of both the 750T Milshark and the 1000T Milshark, a search should turn that up. Might be very helpful in your decision making process.

Enjoy the selection process, a fun part of acquiring a new Doxa. And keep us posted as to your choice, and as always, when ever possible, post pictures!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information