Dial Logo's

Thread: Dial Logo's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dial Logo's

I think one attribute that makes vintage Doxa's so desirable is the Aqualung or US Diver's logo. The recent limited editions with logos were also very popular and sold out quickly. I know that I like the old Searambler with the US Divers logo, but the current dial appears a little sterile to me. I would love to see more versions with logo's on the dial.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: Dial Logo's

A large number of us agree with you. I'd love to see a logo on something like the 750T, or possibly a 1000T. But for me, the 5000T probably will be fine on it's own, I don't know how a logo would do there (with the changed positions of the text, bright indicies and all). Then again, I'd love to be proved wrong!

Had hopes for a Numa logo (would look SUPER on a Pro) but it sounds like a no go. So, other possibilities? One of Doxa's own perhaps? Only time will tell, but I've seen NOTHING posted from them to encourage us.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

While I wouldn't go as far as to describe the current dials as "sterile," I do agree that the logo dials look great. I would like to see some on the newer models.

-FLX

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Had hopes for a Numa logo (would look SUPER on a Pro) but it sounds like a no go. So, other possibilities? One of Doxa's own perhaps? Only time will tell, but I've seen NOTHING posted from them to encourage us.
    I've seen the writing on the wall, and it spells out PADI...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=95258

Coincidence? I could so see this logo on the current 1000T, but not so much on the 5000T. I think it would upset the balance with the centered script.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; November 12th, 2007 at 14:31.

Hmm... the departure from the well established quartered dial design/layout with text in top left and bottom right to the new centered layout is too much for me and as others have mentioned may not work well for adding logos - we'll see. I like all of the other features of the new watch but the centered layout looks too mainstream. But hey, if Doxa wants to try something new more power to them, I just don't like it - to each their own, your mileage may vary...

I would enjoy a logo version of the 1000T.

I have yet to warm up to the 5000T's centered layout, but perhaps a logo version would be quartered?

--Keith

I agree that the logos usually add to the dial - whether it's the Seahunters diver or the diving helmet - the logos seem to make the watch more "doxa-ish", and less like the typical dials of other brands.

Just as the quartered layout is distinctive, the logos help to direct the watches back toward the U.S. Divers days. This makes me wonder if AquaLung would ever team up again with a real watchmaker...
    Last edited by THOR; November 19th, 2007 at 14:22. Reason: content
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford

Logo´s are cool and I really like them, but I guess with the new centered Script layout it´s kind of impossible to
    incorporate one.

But what maybe wouldn´t work for the 5000T - unless you change the layout to oldschool - might be an option for the 1000T as an homage to the vintage pieces.

PADI Logo looks good.

Regards Bernie

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by SMSgt Bo View Post
    I've seen the writing on the wall, and it spells out PADI...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=95258

Coincidence? I could so see this logo on the current 1000T, but not so much on the 5000T. I think it would upset the balance with the centered script.
    Was thinking all of the above also. Only caveat, the logo needs to be round. No problem, have a look at the PADI patches
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Was thinking all of the above also. Only caveat, the logo needs to be round. No problem, have a look at the PADI patches
    Jim put a restraining order on PADI logo talk in another thread but threw out a few hints for things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    Hi there Wil and thank you so much!
    First, yes, we want to be respectful of PADI's logo, etc. and while we and the folks at PADI are good friends, we would not want to give anyone out there the wrong impression.

Will there be "happenings" involving DOXA and PADI in the future - sorry to be a Grinch here, but you'll just have to "stay tuned"!

BUT to answer your more pertinent question regarding logos - Good news - I hope! The 1000T will be available in a COSC version with the Diving Helmet logo!

Again

Wil, and all of the other DOXISTAs out there (or if you prefer - DOXAHOLICS), THANK YOU!!! Without all of you, none of this would be possible! And thank you for your creativity, your positive and constructive feedback! This is truly a great group of people, and the growing popularity of the DOXA SUB is a true reflection of all of you!

Jim

DOXA WATCHES LTD
    You gotta' love a company that listens to (a majority of) their customers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information