Did you know about the annual Swiss watchmakers holiday? I didn't.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Did you know about the annual Swiss watchmakers holiday? I didn't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KXL

Confused Did you know about the annual Swiss watchmakers holiday? I didn't.

Changing the title of this thread. It was a rant about customer service. The email below is the same.

So my beloved 2005 T-Graph has the bottom pusher fall off---obviously needs service. I write customer support on 25 May and get an email back on 27 May.

The email states I have to send the watch to Doxa for repair. And I'll need to fill out an RMA form. I do so and send the scan of the RMA on 29 May. I leave the country for month but am still getting emails.

On 3 Jun I get back an email with shipping instructions. I return to the US and ship the watch using FedEx. Tracking shows the watch was signed for by P. Jenny at 11:34 on 2 July.

Since then not one word of correspondence despite my emailing Customer Service on 25 July asking for a status update. I mean I haven't even gotten a damn estimate---who knows how long repairs are going to take at the rate they're going.

I just emailed them again. I will try the live chat Monday.

But at the end of the day I just find it sad that contact is every two days until you send the watch in---and then suddenly all comms cut off despite my giving them a reasonable time to evaluate the watch and then asking for an update.

You would think in this day and age that any company would recognize the importance of customer service and reputation.
    Last edited by KXL; August 11th, 2013 at 21:44. Reason: Update

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Customer Service? Why should we be loyal to people who purchase our product?

Quote Originally Posted by KXL View Post
    So my beloved 2005 T-Graph has the bottom pusher fall off---obviously needs service. I write customer support on 25 May and get an email back on 27 May.

The email states I have to send the watch to Doxa for repair. And I'll need to fill out an RMA form. I do so and send the scan of the RMA on 29 May. I leave the country for month but am still getting emails.

On 3 Jun I get back an email with shipping instructions. I return to the US and ship the watch using FedEx. Tracking shows the watch was signed for by P. Jenny at 11:34 on 2 July.

Since then not one word of correspondence despite my emailing Customer Service on 25 July asking for a status update. I mean I haven't even gotten a damn estimate---who knows how long repairs are going to take at the rate they're going.

I just emailed them again. I will try the live chat Monday.

But at the end of the day I just find it sad that contact is every two days until you send the watch in---and then suddenly all comms cut off despite my giving them a reasonable time to evaluate the watch and then asking for an update.

You would think in this day and age that any company would recognize the importance of customer service and reputation.
    I know the whole Swiss watch industry takes part of the summer off, and I think that is towards the end of the summer. I'm not completely sure, but that might have something to do with it.
    Last edited by subkrawler; August 10th, 2013 at 21:31.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

KXL

Re: Customer Service? Why should we be loyal to people who purchase our product?

Never thought of that---you might be right---but then why wouldn't you put an auto reply on that tells you that?.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I know the whole Swiss watch industry takes part of the summer off, and I think that is towards the end of the summer. I'm not completely sure, but that might have something to do with it.
    That was my first thought. Not everyone in the world is in as big a hurry as we are in the U.S. I envy them.

They're are a relatively small shop... too bad you didn't get word that their watchmaker is on vacation until (I believe) Aug 14. This is pretty typical this time of year for the Swiss (gotta say I envy them as well). I'm sure it's just an oversight you weren't notified of their schedule. They'll sort you out pretty quickly. Hang in there.

My history with Doxa's service has been exemplary. I bet you caught them on "holiday."

They Are Closed For The Swiss Watch Makers Annual Summer Inventory And Will Re-Open On August 13th ... Hope This Helps

Quote Originally Posted by KXL View Post
    why wouldn't you put an auto reply on that tells you that?.
    I deal with european companies at the office, they have a definite way of working, different from US companies: to each their own I feel.

KXL

You guys are all correct---watchmakers annual holiday. As I didn't know about that I guess it proves I'm more of a noob than I thought I was. Here's the email I got back from Doxa today. So I guess all is well---I'm just happy to know they have the watch in the queue.

"Dear Sir, thank you for your email, we confirm receiving your watch, but please understand that the average repair period is 4-12 weeks as stated on the RMA form that you submitted to start the repair process, DOXA headquarters (like every Swiss watch manufacturer) are closed since first week of July until
    tomorrow August 12th . So please expect your watch back in 2 around 6-8 weeks due to the annual watchmaker holidays."

Quote Originally Posted by skin diver View Post
    They're are a relatively small shop... too bad you didn't get word that their watchmaker is on vacation until (I believe) Aug 14. This is pretty typical this time of year for the Swiss (gotta say I envy them as well). I'm sure it's just an oversight you weren't notified of their schedule. They'll sort you out pretty quickly. Hang in there.
    Hi everyone, Only the factory and the watchmakers are on holiday, DOXA in the US and the customer service and sales offices are open throughout the year, we don't envy them though, because they don't have any other holidays except for public holidays, so once this is over, they work until next year in July.
    MHe225 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information