"Different" 750T

Thread: "Different" 750T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Different" 750T

Hello all! Just got my first Doxa and it's a 750T Pro. While I did my due diligence and am pretty confident that fakes do not exist yet, I am wondering how come the face on my Doxa differs from the standard ones out there--one thing that stands out is that according to Dr. Millar, the 750T lettering does not have a space between SUB and 750T as in below,

However, the watch I bought looks like it has the lettering similar to the Searamblers with a space between the SUB and 750T as in the pic of the actual watch below.

Also, while the links in some of the pics I've seen have arrows on the inside showing the direction of the threads, my bracelet links do not have any. It came with the tube, the warranty card, an extra bracelet, and the remaining links. So did I get one with a typo? Should I be worried guys?

EDIT: Ronbo: Thanks for the typo call!

Last edited by OrangeCrush; April 17th, 2010 at 17:21.

Re: "Different" 750T

There were some that were made at that time with the space between the SUB and 750T, and the were some that had no space. The watches are made in batches as needed, and that is just a slight design change that was made between batches.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Last edited by Poorman; April 12th, 2010 at 11:11.
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are!" ---Buckaroo Banzai

I know this pics
    Did you win it on ebay? If it's that one, I wanted to bid on it but I couldn't log in for some reason. By the time I logged in it was over (1 min late)
    I wouldn't worry about it. It looks legit to me.
    I even remember the pic of the case back (if its the one I saw on ebay last week)
    My sub 1200t has the space and doesn't have the arrows inside the bracelet.
    Like Poorman said is probably a late cosmetic change
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It looks more like ...>

There's no space between the "SUB" and "750" not the "750" and the "T". But maybe my eyes are going. Either way CONGRATS on a cool variation. Cheers-Ronbo

The lack of a space between the Sub and 750 is one of those things that you see in a truly Limited production, as things like dials are produced in small batches. It's one of those things I love about Doxa.

The arrows you saw are from the earlier 750s. They had pin and collar link connectors. These were dropped, in favor of screws with the introduction of the GMT.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

As stated, the early SUB 750Ts' did not have the space while the later versions did. The reason that there are no arrows on the back of the bracelet is beacuse your bracelet is the screwed links as apposed to the pin and collar links. The arrows are not to indicate the direction of the thread but rather to show which direction to push the pins out. Again, the earlier bracelets were pin and collar and the later (like yours) screws.

If you are still not convinced please send the watch to me and I will dispose of it as a replica...I'll even pay for shipping!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jstawasz View Post
    The lack of a space between the Sub and 750 is one of those things that you see in a truly Limited production, as things like dials are produced in small batches. It's one of those things I love about Doxa.

The arrows you saw are from the earlier 750s. They had pin and collar link connectors. These were dropped, in favor of screws with the introduction of the GMT.

Joe
    You beat me by 1 minute...
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Thanks for the reassurances guys!

Time to enjoy the watch....

Quote Originally Posted by romeo-1 View Post
    As stated, the early SUB 750Ts' did not have the space while the later versions did. The reason that there are no arrows on the back of the bracelet is beacuse your bracelet is the screwed links as apposed to the pin and collar links. The arrows are not to indicate the direction of the thread but rather to show which direction to push the pins out. Again, the earlier bracelets were pin and collar and the later (like yours) screws.

If you are still not convinced please send the watch to me and I will dispose of it as a replica...I'll even pay for shipping!
    Where do I send it?

On Dr. Millar's site, when he reviewed the early 750T, he comments about the lack of space between 'sub' and 750t' on the face - later ones have a space, but there are clearly real ones out there with no space, as reviewed on his site -
    Doxa 750T Pro, Bernhardt Globemaster, MKII Stingray 50

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information