Dive star...

Thread: Dive star...

Dive star...

hi i wonder if any1 can help a couple of years back i wanted a dive star doxa and eventually found 1 on ebay, and at very last minute got out bid,

but i'm still trying to find 1, i've got 2 750t pro, 1 i wear all the time and the other was bought for me so decided to keep it pristine.

if any1 knows were i could get hold of 1 i'd be most greatful.

yours sincerely Wil

Re: Dive star...

Quote Originally Posted by will_featherstone View Post
    hi i wonder if any1 can help a couple of years back i wanted a dive star doxa and eventually found 1 on ebay, and at very last minute got out bid,

but i'm still trying to find 1, i've got 2 750t pro, 1 i wear all the time and the other was bought for me so decided to keep it pristine.

if any1 knows were i could get hold of 1 i'd be most greatful.

yours sincerely Wil
    Which DS are you referring to? There is a 1000T DS available right now, a 750T GMT DS available in the immediate future. There was the Seahunter DS 600T that sold a number of years ago that is VERY collectible right now............Tell us which one you prefer
    Best Regards,
    Jason

SUB 300T idealy i know its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack but i've gotta try.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Man, those are getting to be as rare as hen's teeth. I hope you have good luck with finding one. The last one that I can recall that someone has gotten was Yangzom with Arthur's old Synchron...........

They really have gotten to be a very sought after item.

As far as a 300T reissue DS, I have known of ONE of those to go up for sale in the last year. Snatched up in 45 minutes on the Bay for a ridiculously low price.

I have to say, I am happy I bought mine when I did as they are now nearly unobtainable.......

Best Regards,
    Jason

Re: Dive star...(Divingstar)

I would second Jason's remarks. They are very, very scarce. Not many were built to start with and very few in circulation now.

Keep on the lookout on Ebay. You can set up ebay to email you every day with new postings. You do that by selecting Doxa as a favorite in"my Ebay" then under email settings you select the parameters. Also I would do as Jason does and search Doxa several times each day. Make sure you select worldwide when you search.

Do the same with Time Zone Sales Corner, WatchU Seek and The MWR "Post Exchange". Another possibility is to post a "Want to Buy" on the above watch sales forums. I've had limited success with that tactic, but you never know. I will tell you this, when one does come up and it is in reasonable shape, it's going to go fast, so don't spend too much time thinking about it, as it will be GONE!:oops:

Another alternative would be a new 1000T, this is almost and exact copy of a vintage, with the added plus of warranty, water resistance and best of all it's new. thus no hassles with restoration, lost or broken parts, etc.

Good luck on your quest.

Arthur
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Re: Dive star...(Divingstar)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Another possibility is to post a "Want to Buy" on the above watch sales forums. I've had limited success with that tactic, but you never know.
    Good luck on your quest.

Arthur
    Excellent point here. This is how I was able to get the NIB Sharky 300T reissue. I posted a WTB for ANY 300T reissue. I had to repost the WTB advertisement once, but had someone bite on the second try. Until that point, I am not sure I had ever seen a 300T Sharky reissue FS.

It can't hurt to try
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

If you've not seen it, check this page here!

http://www.doxawatches.com/sub1000t_divingstar.htm

Pretty tough to resist if you ask me!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

There is one other option. If you go to Landmark Jewelry in Georgetown, Grand Cayman you can buy one of the few COSC 750T Divingstars. They are a beautiful watch and I don't think they'll be producing that size again. Good luck with whatever you decide, but be careful yellow can be very addicting, hence my 4 little yellow friends. Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

Randy,
    I was in Grand Cayman in May on a cruise and went into Landmark jewelry. I saw the COSC Divingstar there and got to examine it up close. It was my first time seeing the 750T size Doxa in person. I was wearing my 600T Professional and the sales lady looked a little shocked to see me wearing a Doxa. She asked me where I got mine. I told her I got it 3 1/2 years ago from Doxa.

I tried the 750T Divingstar on and while it fit okay, I still preferred the 600T size. IMO, it looked better on my wrist than the 750T.

I also have a 600T DS that I bought new but I've only worn it once. Good luck on your DS search.

Wayne

I was in your position before the 1000T Divingstar came out. The advantage over the vintage is that it is a modern watch with all the improvements made in watch design since the 60's. It's got a rock solid bracelet, a case designed for 3300 feet instead of 1000, a modern Hi-beat movement with modern lubricants and materials, and it still has the vintage style. It is not a museum piece that you only wear on rare occasions, but a watch you can use daily. I can vouch for that personally as I've had either my 1000T Pro or Divingstar on my wrist since July, much to the detriment of the rest of my collection. Anyhow this is if you're looking for a watch that you really want to use, if you're looking for a collectible Good Luck!!

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Thread Information