Diver Clasp Help(will not open)

Thread: Diver Clasp Help(will not open)

Diver Clasp Help(will not open)

My new 1000T is very hard to open, actually next to impossible I cannot open it simply by pulling up on the clasp I have to put my finger under the clasp to get leverage to open it. Is there a way to adjust the clasp so it is not so tight?

Thanks

Reply from DOXA

Hi mzimand and welcome to the DOXA forum. A clasp should be tight to a certain extent, in order not to release accidentally, especially when new, it will be tigher, as it will give with usage, but it should not impossible to release, with bare hands, unless you are wearing your bracelet way too tight, this will give the lever no room to move release, and a great deal of force must be applied to open the clasp.

But if you are used to wearing your bracelets very tight, then the workaround this issue is to lift the other side of the clasp, this should resolve the problem in the first few days of usage, and you will notice that the clasp will start releasing easier every day. If you still have problems with releasing the clasp, please contact DOXA service departement by email or phone, and we will help immediately.

Thank you
    DOXA
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; September 6th, 2009 at 21:50.

Re: Diver Clasp Help(will not open)

My 1000 T was the same way when I received it a year ago. I could hardly open the clasp. I took a small, fine metal file and filed down (LIGHTLY) the inside of the clasp where the little "bumps" are that help secure it. Now it works absolutley perfectly. Just don't over file it!! It would open too easily then.

Hope this helps.
    Coach T

I got my first 1000T in July 2007. It and my second 1000T had the same problem. I would caution against removing metal, because once removed you can't replace it. Natural wear will make the clasp loosen up. This was a topic when the first 1000s in July 2007 came out. If you do a search I'm sure you'll be able to find it. There was also a neat video which a member posted showing an easy method to open a tight flip lock clasp. Good luck

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One of mine is the same. I find that by lifting from the edge rather than the center of the clasp I can open it without the aid of a small “pry bar”.

Kerry P

VMM

Wow... I should have searched. My brand new 1000T Divingstar does the exact same thing. I've thought about using the rubber strap and then sending the bracelet in... but I just love the rice beads. I find it opens more easily if I grab the edges and open it from the side. It also opens easily if I unclasp the extension first... but then you have to close both the extension and the main clasp which can be a PIA. I'll just be patient and assume it will get better over the course of a year. I've been wearing this watch all week. Love the crystal.
    Tag 2000 Quartz Silver Dial and F1 Quartz Chronograph
    Omega Deville Geneve Blue Dial Automatic (ca. 1970) and Seamaster Aquaterra Quartz Blue Dial
    Tag Carerra Silver Dial Automatic
    Raymond Weil Tango Chronograph
    Bathys Rosegold MOP Acquaculture Automatic
    Doxa SUB 800 Ti Professional Automatic
    Bathys Benthic Titanium Carbon Fiber Quartz
    Tag F1 Quartz Chronograph
    Doxa 1923 Jugendstil Automatic
    Doxa SUB 1000T Divingstar Automatic
    Rolex SS GMT Master II Ceramic Bezel 116700
    Suunto T6C
    PAM 113
    Rolex Submariner 14060m
    Rolex GMT Master 16750

I have the 1000T and the same issue.. tried opening it like the normal clasp but would not budge.. I actually thought you have to open it from the wetsuit extension side first so that's what I have been doing.. it works for me.. anyways i still love this one..

Seiko 6309-7049
    Seiko 7548-700B
    Squale 50 Atmos

My solution was to take a pair of pliers and to gently squeeze the notched metal bar in the clasp that slips into the open groove. This is where the binding is occurring. Go slow and test often, or you could squeeze it too tight and then it won't "lock." I did this on mine and now it opens and closes just fine.

Several of my Doxas have a very firm clasp and rather than try to modify them I simply flip up the small top car with "Doxa" on it and then at the other end of the clasp I pull the bracelet away from my wrist a few mm and simply insert the tip of my finger between the outer clasp and the folded extension links and they open really easily.
    Bill

Doxas:
    Sub 300T Seahunter
    Sub 250 Sharkhunter
    Sub 600T Sharkhunter
    Sub750T Sharkhunter, Sharkhunter PVD, Sharkhunter GMT, Professional, Searambler, Caribbean, Caribbean GMT, Divingstar GMT
    Sub 1000T Sharkhunter & Professional
    Sub 5000T Sharkhunter COSC & Professional COSC
    Sub 600T T-Graph Sharkhunter
    Sub 1200T Searambler
    Deco
    Marathon:
    SAR & JSAR
    Other:
    Rolex SD, Omega Seamaster Professional,Tudor Prince Oysterdate, Seiko Sports 200m & BM, Tag Heuer 1000

Thread Information