Diving With Legends - Update

Thread: Diving With Legends - Update

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Diving With Legends - Update

Guys, for those who are going to the Clive Cussler Convention in San Diego, next month, I have the preview edition DWL book that I'll donate for a raffle prize at the convention in my hands. Whoooooo looking good. Swollen to 11/16th of an inch thick and 257 pages. There are only 2 of these in existence (I'm using the other one to send to publishers) so I think it is pretty rare. I'll sign it and Ralph Wilbanks will sign it and I'd say you could probably get Clive to sign his photo in it as well. I think it will make a nice little "bonus" for whoever wins it. This one includes Graham Hawkes chapter and had the Doxa Conquistador and Aquadive depth guage watch in the introduction. I have Jarrod Jablonski's chapter here but just haven't had time to edit it, so it didn't make it

I'm now just waiting on 5 chapters. As many of you know Carl Spencer trajically died on the Brittanic last month. His wife asked Leigh Bishop if he would finish Carl's chapter. Leigh said yes and I'm pleased that I'll be able to put it in the final manuscript for his family.

Martha Gilkes is almost finished, Dan Crowell promised he is working on it now and Zale Parry is beavering away. I need to gee up John Chatterton and basically that is it other than a bunch of editing and credits and erm...... find a publisher or do it myself.

This preview was done by Lulu. Bloody expensive at almost 60 bucks a pop for a paperback, but their quality has improved immensely.

I've included the date on the cover. Photo is terrible. Cover looks great in the flesh.

Long haul, but light at end of tunnel.

A friend of my uncle in Argentina is updating the book page.

here is a preview

It's good and bad........ I like all the animation etc, but slow to load, fonts are too small and even though the page I did is crap, it loads quicker etc etc. I'm not sure I'll use it or maybe do a front page with a choice to a static page or the flash one. Let me know what you think.

http://divingwithlegends.com/test/index.html

Pete

Re: Diving With Legends - Update

Hey Pete ... looking good and great to Hear about Carls chapter ... I will be at CCCS how about you??? You going to make it? Kathy and I would love to see ya!!!

I'll check out that other page soon and get back to ya,

John

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
    Hey Pete ... looking good and great to Hear about Carls chapter ... I will be at CCCS how about you??? You going to make it? Kathy and I would love to see ya!!!

I'll check out that other page soon and get back to ya,

John
    Thanks John. I just had an email from Ralph Wilbanks saying I'd better be there. Problem is I'm in frigging Long Island that week but should finish Wednesday night so it looks like I'll just have to fly coast to coast. I'd hate to miss it so it looks like jet lag city for me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdoctor View Post
    Thanks John. I just had an email from Ralph Wilbanks saying I'd better be there. Problem is I'm in frigging Long Island that week but should finish Wednesday night so it looks like I'll just have to fly coast to coast. I'd hate to miss it so it looks like jet lag city for me
    Excellent Pete ... Jet lag ... no big deal really .... sleep during the day party all night ... hahahahahaha

John

Question Re: Diving With Legends - Update

Pete

For those of who are in a different country and unable to attend the convention, would you be prepared to accept a raffle payment via the web? I would love to be at least in with a chance of getting my hands on another of your books!

Adrian
    Caribbean SUB750T #111
    Professional SUB750T #4796 (back from repair )

Guys, do I have to register in advance for the convention or just show up?
    I'd like to try to be there even thou I got to fly across the continent!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Hi Pete,

It's sounding like its going to be a belter of a book when its finished If the preview copy is anything to go by (which I've read twice now ) I can't wait to order the final version.

Cheers

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Adrian,

it's not my call as I'm just donating the book, but I expoect the answer will be no as they like to keep the special raffle prizes for people who make it to the gig. I know they didn't allow any external tickets last year.

Michael,

I think you would be better to book the ticket

http://www.cusslersociety.com/convention.html

Drop Wayne Valero an email at

[email protected]

he's the chap who organises it.

Pete

Thanks Pete! I'll try to organize something!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    Thanks Pete! I'll try to organize something!
    Michael
    Michael ... if you have any issues contacting them let me know ... just send me an email with your contact info and I will make sure that they get it.

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information