Diving in Roatan???

Thread: Diving in Roatan???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smile Diving in Roatan???

Hi all ... Kathy and I have been talking about another dive trip. We are looking at going the end of April. I like to do things on my birthday and getting my Doxa's wet is one thing I enjoy.

We are going to be going to the ReefHouse Resort on Roatan again. The diving there is great, 2 dives in the am, 1 dive in the afternoon, and all the shore diving you want. 3 meals a day, etc ...

I have been working with Neil from the resort and he is willing to give us a great price for the week: 20% off
    Here is the info from Neil:
    "Here's an example of the double occupancy diver price: $895. + $143. tax = $1038. minus $180 (20% of $895.) = $858.
    The $10. marine park fee brings the total to $868.

Therefore $868. is the full total per diver... meals and airport transfers included... That should hopefully make it easy to get your friends down, John."

Still in the planning stage but I would like to know how many of you are interested.

This is not a Searaiders trip and is not being sponsored by anyone, just people that want to get their watches wet. They only have 11 rooms so that is a max of 22 people, and right now it is fully available.

One thing I need to let you know ... currently NITROX is NOT available ... sorry!

If you want to see some pictures of the place you can look at my pbase account http://www.pbase.com/jmoors/travels and look under travel I think it is.

Happy diving ... John
    Last edited by T Bone; November 20th, 2008 at 05:40. Reason: repaired link
    John M.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: Diving in Roatan???

Hmmm..... this does sound very interesting, and very affordable. I may just be in m'self. I'll start researching flights and such in a week or so. Roatan has been on my "want to dive there" list since the 1980's!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Hmmm..... this does sound very interesting, and very affordable. I may just be in m'self. I'll start researching flights and such in a week or so. Roatan has been on my "want to dive there" list since the 1980's!
    You will love it T-Bone. Last time we flew continental via Houston, TX worked out great and not bad on price. Looking at dates of Apr 25- May 1.

Also here is the URL for the resort http://www.reefhouseresort.com/index.html

John

P.S. you do want to go let me know and I'll get back with Neil, but I think all you need to do is let him know you are with my group for the discount.
    John M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I'll double up with ya T Bone...my normal travel/dive buddy will be in Iraq so I'd need a dive buddy anyway. I'd love to dive Roatan also.
    Todd

Fortune favors the bold. Virgil (70 BC - 19 BC)

In wine there is wisdom, in Scotch there is strength, In beer there is freedom, and in water there is bacteria.

Hey john, I looked at your pics and a few years back I was there on a cruise. One of the shore excursions was to a resort for some diving and other water activities. Your pics look like that place and the emplotee in your pics looks like a guy named quinton who was our guide. He climmbed coconut trees bare handed and other assorted entertaining tricks. If that is the same place and people what a blast your going to have. Good luck planning the trip sounds really cool.

John, sounds very intriguing. Cheryle and I are considering it...........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Looks interesting even thou I really want to dive some wrecks too. Do they have any down there? How long can they keep these good prices for? I got to see how the business goes for a while. But by then my gilds will get kinda dry!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Roatan is by far the most interesting dive I have ever done. I Was in Roatan in July on a cruise and only had time for 1 dive. (We dove at Turquois Bay on the East end North shore) Wow is all I can say. Every square inch of reef was covered in life.

Actually it was very much like Cuba. (gitanamo bay was good for something) I need to talk my wife into this one. I think this is a great idea....if I can just get her away from the evil cruise ship mentality!!
    Current rotation include:

DOXA SUB600T Dirk Pitt #1021/3000
    DOXA SUB750T Caribbean #226/250
    DOXA SUB 1000T Divingstar COSC #3002/5000
    DOXA Aquaman
    Tag Heuer Formula One
    Citizen Hyper-Aqualand
    Seiko SKXA61 "Orange Knight"

Just to answer a couple things ...

Michael ... sorry now ship wrecks that I know of. But the reef is fantastic and a very nce wall.

Jason ... Would love the both of you to come. I remember last year you talked to me about how much you wanted to go .... well best deal in town!

Skillet ... interesting story but different set of folks. I have found them all to be interesting and very friendly. The cook at this resort would get up into the trees as well just to get a coconut to make a pie for dinner ... great food at the ReefHouse Resort!

John ... Great it would be wonderful for you and the little woman to join us. But I need to let you know .... last time I was there we had a wonderful couple with us but she was of the same type of mindset and she wasn't real happy. Let me explain a little ... she likes to dress up go dancing, maybe a nice resturant .... whoops not going to happen here. It takes 40 minutes to get back to the west end of the island where you might find a place to dance and a few resturants, but you also need a short boat ride to get back on the island from the key you are on and then get a cab ... not very cheap. The rooms here at the resort are nice and clean, but a little small, not a 5 star hotel, but .... if you come to dive, have a great time, meet some fantastic folks, eat some very good food, and dive, or dive, did say that already? Then this is the place for you.

Another thing I want to bring up, atleast it was this way in Jan, is that they have an open bar ... you write down on a 3X5 card what you took,an honor system, they have some safe deposit boxes that you use to lock up your money etc ... because you don't need any of that while at the resort. The night before you leave, the resort you square up the billing and pay them.

Anyway guys it really is a wonderful place and the people are top notch.

If you have any question I am happy to answer them and we can get this ball a rollin'

John

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmoors View Post
    Just to answer a couple things ...

Michael ... sorry now ship wrecks that I know of. But the reef is fantastic and a very nce wall.

Jason ... Would love the both of you to come. I remember last year you talked to me about how much you wanted to go .... well best deal in town!

Skillet ... interesting story but different set of folks. I have found them all to be interesting and very friendly. The cook at this resort would get up into the trees as well just to get a coconut to make a pie for dinner ... great food at the ReefHouse Resort!

John ... Great it would be wonderful for you and the little woman to join us. But I need to let you know .... last time I was there we had a wonderful couple with us but she was of the same type of mindset and she wasn't real happy. Let me explain a little ... she likes to dress up go dancing, maybe a nice resturant .... whoops not going to happen here. It takes 40 minutes to get back to the west end of the island where you might find a place to dance and a few resturants, but you also need a short boat ride to get back on the island from the key you are on and then get a cab ... not very cheap. The rooms here at the resort are nice and clean, but a little small, not a 5 star hotel, but .... if you come to dive, have a great time, meet some fantastic folks, eat some very good food, and dive, or dive, did say that already? Then this is the place for you.

Another thing I want to bring up, atleast it was this way in Jan, is that they have an open bar ... you write down on a 3X5 card what you took,an honor system, they have some safe deposit boxes that you use to lock up your money etc ... because you don't need any of that while at the resort. The night before you leave, the resort you square up the billing and pay them.

Anyway guys it really is a wonderful place and the people are top notch.

If you have any question I am happy to answer them and we can get this ball a rollin'

John
    Sounds like the making of a great trip. April is a good ways out for me, so I'll need to get through the rest of '08, before I could commit to anything.

The price is definitely right and the location is prime. I'd even sacrifice and dive good ol' air.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information