Divingstar on Real Doxa Bund. Pic.
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Divingstar on Real Doxa Bund. Pic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Divingstar on Real Doxa Bund. Pic.

Got this Doxa Bund from a forumer. When I got it, I couldn't believe the condition it was in, like new. Even though it's from 2006. Can't believe they don't make these anymore, they would sell thousands for sure if they ever reintroduced it.

Enjoy:

waldii, theimitator and gaopa like this.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Divingstar on Real Doxa Bund. Pic.

I remember when these were readily available on DOXA's website, along with the orange and black watch rolls. At the time, I didn't think much of them, and apparently others felt the same as it took a while for them to sell out. Now I'm sort of kicking myself for not getting one, as they are cool and unique, and have become somewhat of an uncommon collectible. The neat thing that I remember from the description on the website, is that the leather is waterproof. DOXA even cited some test results, where the leather was subjected to an extreme saltwater test, and the strap showed no signs of deterioration. That's probably why yours looks so good, is because these straps were made to take diving, and can withstand a ton of abuse. Congrats on the catch...it looks great with your D'star.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thanks Subkrawler. Not sure how much salt this strap has seen, but I can tell you, the leather is supple and soft, while at the same time you can tell it's very sturdy. Just the right amount of thickness with no stiffness at all. Just about the perfect Leather texture for a watch strap. Doxa got this one right for sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just gave away my orange roll to a local doxa guy, had it in a drawer for years. Doing the summer nato thing for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WatchDialOrange and gaopa like this.

Nice Doxa watches, gentlemen. That is an interesting looking strap Conky, but I believe the NATO on David's Doxa would be more comfortable. Never having owned a Bund, I could not say for sure though. Cheers, Bill P.

Quote Originally Posted by gaopa View Post
    Nice Doxa watches, gentlemen. That is an interesting looking strap Conky, but I believe the NATO on David's Doxa would be more comfortable. Never having owned a Bund, I could not say for sure though. Cheers, Bill P.
    I've never had my Doxa on a Nato, but I can tell you that the Bund is very butter soft and pliable, not stiff in any way. Very comfortable.

wasn't the doxa bund related to the bund that Robt Redford wore in that movie about the newsmen?

That was the Three Days of the Condor and Robert Redford had a Sharkhunter on a black bund!

Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

close enuf for me, lol.

Nice! I modified a Bund strap on to one of my 300T Reissue's years ago and posted it on this site. Haven't wore it in years but it was very comfortable. Here's the link... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/300...aps-16711.html

Ernie's Raptor strap was more comfortable.

Thanks for sharing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information