Divingstar Trivia

Thread: Divingstar Trivia

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Divingstar Trivia

So let's throw some DOXA Trivia out there - who among you can relate, in part or in whole, the story of the DivingStar and how it came to be?

(and yes - we know the answer - but what to see what you know!)

DOXA

Re: Divingstar Trivia

I am anxious to know as well. I have looked through Dr. Pete's book to try to find the answer (if it is in there and I don't know why it wouldn't be) but have yet to find the origin of the Divingstar. As an owner of the 100 Sub 600T Divingstars I would like to know more about it's roots.

There was once a professional diver who wore this neat Doxa to dive down and explore the wreckage of a ship called the "Star". There was some weird chemicals that were being transported by the Star. When he came up his watch shined like a shooting "Star" from the exposure to the chemicals. When he got aboard the mother ship, the other divers said, "Wow, that watch shines like a "Rock Star's" watch. He contacted Doxa about his adventure out on the high seas and they came up with the brilliant idea to make a watch called the "Divingstar".

Todd

P.S. I completely made that story up as you probably can all tell but it sounded awesome as I typed it. I would really like to know the real answer.
    BROKER

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not sure of the story but love the way it looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bob

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Upon further research by DOXA, and possibly with input from the Cousteau team, it was realized that yellow was in fact more visible in low-light/murky conditions than orange. With those findings, the yellow dialed watch was born.

As to the name, perhaps it refers to how the dial shines in the dark, much the way a star shines in the night.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Is this the lead up to a new Divingstar release.... Keeping my fingers crossed! Speaking of Divingstars, does anybody know the story of the redial on page 247? Thanks, Chris.

Forget that last part. Got the story on other thread, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Upon further research by DOXA, and possibly with input from the Cousteau team, it was realized that yellow was in fact more visible in low-light/murky conditions than orange. With those findings, the yellow dialed watch was born.

As to the name, perhaps it refers to how the dial shines in the dark, much the way a star shines in the night.
    I'm on board with this theory. IIRC Seiko was the first to introduce the orange dial since it was hypothesized that orange would be more visible than other colors in the spectrum.

-luke

I have no idea but am dying to find out!!!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

no idea, but interested as well. Could you also give any information as to the different font that is used on this model for the name?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information