Does anyone knows a Doxa Sapphire (non-Sub)??

Thread: Does anyone knows a Doxa Sapphire (non-Sub)??

Does anyone knows a Doxa Sapphire (non-Sub)??

Hi to you all.
    This Doxa is for sale on the bay. Never heard of this model but I like it. Wanted to know if this was a real Doxa or not.
    Maybe someone here on the forum could tell me??

Re: Does anyone knows a Doxa Sapphire (non-Sub)??

My guess is it's real. That's only a guess though. DOXA is a pretty small company so the chances of someone making a replica are pretty slim. That's not to say they wouldn't or couldn't. Anyone back me up on that?

When they replicate a watch someone has to buy it if it were a Rolex, Omega...I would say no way.

Also it seems like most on the forum have a great knowledge about the Subs but not as much on the non-subs. I'm glad you posted it though I like to see some non-subs once in a while. Keep us posted.

Chris

Yes. I own one but my second hand is 'red'.
    I got mine for around $215 or something close to that a few months ago from this sale forum.

It's extrememly lightweight, small... I've never been able to wind mine using the crown. My crown is just to tight, probably due to the waterproof o-ring inside it. I can set the date and time but then have to shake the watch for about 30 seconds and I'm good 2 go for the rest of the day. I shake it for another 30 seconds at night and it's still ticking the next morning. I've never checked it's accuracy but for the $ I paid, it's my favorite Doxa. I'm not afraid to nick it.

There are several variations of this model out there. Some have Roman numerals. One just sold on the forum a few days ago. Do a search on the forum for Doxa Pilot or Yukon and you might see some photo's posted on this poor mans Doxa. Here's some search results...

Here's the one I bought from Dale...
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ght=doxa+pilot

This just sold a few days ago for around $280 or so but it came with the ss bracelet so the price seemed good... https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ght=doxa+yukon

THOR posted some great pics of his and in this same post I posted 3 pics that I had of the watch. One advertisement showing the different Pilot/Yukon styles https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ght=doxa+yukon

Here's a post of mine with a Nato strap https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ght=doxa+yukon I also attached the photo below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for all the informations...
    This model is very good looking and I'll follow the auction on the bay....
    It has a classic & simple look (not that far from the subs collection) and it could be a nice watch to wear with a suit.
    Does anyone know why Doxa shows only a few of its models on the official internet site?

Just had a look at the ebay sale of this one.
    IMHO, wayyyyy overpriced.

If it doesn't sell offer them $200 otherwise stick around as they pop up around here every couple months. Like I said, I paid about $220 and the most recent one sold for $280ish which came with a SS bracelet. It's not worth much more than what we paid IMO. Certainly not $100 more. Good luck.

Thread Information