Dollar to pound exchange rate?

Thread: Dollar to pound exchange rate?

Dollar to pound exchange rate?

Sorry to everyone if i just seem to be using this to ask you a load of questions for my own benifit, but what the hell,

Am i being stupid ordering a Doxa now at todays exchange rate at 0.67 pound to the dollar when back on Oct 14 it was about 0.56, as i havent purchased anything set in dollars before and never followed the exchange rate im not sure how much it fluctuates is it worth waiting? saying that im wanting the 800TI so your answers will probably be order it now.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dollar to pound exchange rate?

Not sure about the exchange rate - probably would have been better off ordering earlier.
    But remember that you'll need to add good old Mr. Browns 17.5% VAT and about 4%'ish customs/handling charge (and these will be based on the full price of the watch....).
    When I got my (now sold) Caribbean GMT I got hit for an extra £170 - which is payable before the watch is released to you.
    Chris

Doxa, Smiths, Precista, Longines,
    CWC. Casio Baby-G, Rolex

"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you´re racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    (Steve McQueen, 1971)

Well, i don't see the £ strengthening against the $ anytime soon so you might as well pony up

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

11/17/08 www.dailyfx.com excerpts. "Fundamental Outlook for British Pound: Bearish. Fundamentally weak British pound to push new lows. Considering the outlook for growth and interest rates, the immediate future looks bleak. Housing, industrial trends, consumer spending and public borrowing readings promise nothing more provide additional confirmation that this evolving recession will be far worse than the slump of 1992." There are are many other sites you can refer to about the subject.
    I've lived and worked overseas with the GBP being at par with the USD as well as valued at twice as much. Given that no one really knows what will happen, but that the prognosis by traders is that nothing positive for the GBP/USD exchange is going to happen any time soon, buying a DOXA today looks to be no more expensive than a year from now -- and you get to use it in the meantime. What's that worth to you?

I think you have had your answers! I doubt there will be any changes in the near future (had we known about what the future held then would have bought many more watches).

I made a mistake in waiting to purchase a PO, even though Ive JUST purchased one at a great price it would have cost me £300 less a few months ago.

The Doxa is a beauty, and if its what you want then go fo it!

GL
    "Wear your learning like your watch, in a private pocket; and do not pull it out and strike it merely to show you have one"

Lord Chesterfield

Thread Information