Doxa 200 T-Graph Orange Sub
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Doxa 200 T-Graph Orange Sub

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa 200 T-Graph Orange Sub

Hello to all, just registered on this forum. I have a quiery about my Doxa 200 T-Graph Orange sub. It is an original 1969-1970 Doxa which belonged to an uncle and he left to me. My question is how much is this watch worth if i were to sell it. It is in very good condition and works very well. It has the original Rice-bead Bracelet. Where would be the best place to sell this watch. Thanks for any answers that i get.
    mondrayuk likes this.

Re: Doxa 200 T-Graph Orange Sub

Welcome to the Doxa forum. It is tough to answer your question because of a number of things. One is that it is a very rare watch that you have and they don't come up for sale very often so it is hard to track prices for them. Next would be condition of the watch. Does it have the original bracelet. What condition is the bezel. When was it last serviced. Is there any corrosion in the o ring groove etc. Post a couple of photos of the watch. We all like looking at classic vintage SUBs. As for selling it. Ebay and the sales forums are your best bet.

Banned

You have in essence probably the second most holy grail watch Doxa Sub has ever produced. The first one most of us aficionados would say the watch that started it off; 300 Conquistador with the HRV/HEV orange dial with the US Diver Logo. The 200T Graph set a concept of incorporating a chronograph into a diver's watch. I could not tell you how practical is was to use the stop watch function under water, I think some one like Dr. Pete should comment from here as he mentions model in his books and would have first hand experience.

www.doxa300t.com/10years/10-Years-of-the-DOXA-SUB.pdf

Depending on its condition and working order, the value will vary. Without seeing it, it is hard to be accurate BUT the collectible part of it has inherent value and if it has the original box, tags, paperwork people will bid very high. I have seen well over $4,000 asking price and the condition being good. The Doxa Sub market is a bit soft at the moment but a piece like yours would be an exception as there are Doxa Sub collectors who would be all over it. At this point in absence of some important information from you and photos, I am going to leave this hanging out there. Dr. Pete is known as The Flying Doctor. I am going to contact The Guru and ask him to chime in as he will shine more light on this. Other Doxa Sub collectors who see this post, please comment.

The 1967-2007 40th Anniversary 600 T-graph is a tribute to this watch and I have just recently acquire one with a black dial (Sharkhunter) and that is the nearest model to your original made since. You will probably get so much interest and offers. You can post the watch on the Private Sellers section of WUS Forum and you will get lots of interest. It is free to do so. eBay will cost you a listing fee, seller's final fee and anything else. Let me know should you want to list it as I may be interested in making an offer.

IMHO - keep it after you read all about it on line from a Google search, Dr. Pete's book and comments from other aficionados - you may wish to have it serviced and restored if need be. Well worth it.
    Last edited by mondrayuk; June 19th, 2013 at 01:05.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

You are psychic as soon as I completed my reply to post it in comes you. I hope this man provides more info.

In addition to what Ray and Pete have contributed, the value of the watch is also tied to the condition of the Eberhard movement inside. Many of the parts are difficult--if not impossible--to find. If yours has been cared for, well serviced during its life and not heavily used the value can be quite high. Other factors of course: the patina of the dial and condition of the watch case. More photo's will help us to help you.

One caution: unless you're very experienced, go to a watchmaker who can remove the case-back and have a proper look inside. One fast way to devalue a vintage watch is an amateur fiddling around in there.

Hello to all, thanks for the prompt relies. I have taken a couple of photos so you can see the Doxa i dont have papers and box, like i said before it was given to me as it comes , i think my ncle bought it in USA but no sure, he was always travelling, so not sure. Anyway see if these pictures help in any way. Thanks guys.Name:  DSC_0168.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  138.9 KBName:  DSC_0165.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  153.0 KBName:  DSC_0166.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  148.8 KBName:  DSC_0167.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  125.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skin diver View Post
    In addition to what Ray and Pete have contributed, the value of the watch is also tied to the condition of the Eberhard movement inside. Many of the parts are difficult--if not impossible--to find. If yours has been cared for, well serviced during its life and not heavily used the value can be quite high. Other factors of course: the patina of the dial and condition of the watch case. More photo's will help us to help you.

One caution: unless you're very experienced, go to a watchmaker who can remove the case-back and have a proper look inside. One fast way to devalue a vintage watch is an amateur fiddling around in there.
    The movement is in very good condition and has been serviced recently by a very good watchmaker i know who is an official rolex/breitling service centre, i dont think it has a lot of wear see photos and i dont ever remember my uncle wearing this watch, he did wear a rolex,( which did not come to me, unfortunatly :).. but to my brother ) I will see if i can post a photo of the inside of the watch for you to see. The dail is in very good state and the crown is original along with everything else.
    Last edited by dybenjoy; June 19th, 2013 at 07:31.

Welcome here dypenjoy,

your T.Graph seems to be in fantastic condition and has its original band which is a real plus. But I don’t think that this one was purchased in the US. The engraving in the bezel are in meters. That indicates that this one was produced for the European market. US models normally have the feet-bezel like my own TG (see pics) which was formerly owned by a US citizen.

Important: If you want to use your TG under water AND it’s positively checked for waterresistance DON’T use the chrono pushers under water. It’s a tale that you can use the chrono under water. There are some reports that a lot of them get flooded while using in diving action.

Btw the chrono performance is real poor: no hours counting, only max. 30 minutes. For many occasions this isn’t enough! Maybe this was the reason why the TG wasn’t a millionseller in these days. And the normal 300T was truly the better divewatch at a far lower price.

Anyway… an orange Professional TG in this superb condition is very rare especially with the thick second-hand that you can only be found on the early TGs 1969/70. One of the most valuable vintage Doxas you can have. More than $3000 could be possible but this is my own estimate.

One last tip: repaint the bezel engravings in the original colours, black for minutes and orange for the meters. You can use enamel paint (from Revell) and a toothpick to do this. Check the forum-search here for guidance. Easy job + better looking for your watch.

Here’s mine:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GDub likes this.
    Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

Banned

If you go to Chrono24 site there are two 200T Graphs for sale https://www.chrono24.com/ and there is a professional see https://www.chrono24.com/en/doxa/dox...acturerIds=294 ASKING $5,094

Quote Originally Posted by mondrayuk View Post
    If you go to Chrono24 site there are two 200T Graphs for sale https://www.chrono24.com/ and there is a professional see https://www.chrono24.com/en/doxa/dox...acturerIds=294 ASKING $5,094
    I believe that's his watch. Very nice by the way, looks likes it's had little use and is unmolested.
    Jobart

Doxa's, Eterna and uh Casio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information