Doxa 300 50th Anniversary vs. Omega SpeedyTuesday edtion!
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Doxa 300 50th Anniversary vs. Omega SpeedyTuesday edtion!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa 300 50th Anniversary vs. Omega SpeedyTuesday edtion!

So Doxa offers up 900 (300 of each color) back in May for $2000. There are still some available. Omega today blindsides everybody with their SpeedyTuesday edition Speedmaster, offers 2012 pieces at $6,500!!! each and they are sold out in 6 hours!
    Come guys, I know Doxa is more of a cult watch than Omegas that are found everywhere from ADs to boutiques, to cruise ships and duty free stores, but let's show some enthusiasm and get these sold out! Doxa is special. 50 years is more special than Instagram or whatever!
    Rant over!

Re: Doxa 300 50th Anniversary vs. Omega SpeedyTuesday edtion!

Omega = huge brand recognition

Doxa = small niche market

I can't see how the two can be compared.
    Seikologist likes this.
    Cheers,

Keith

Even among doxa devotees, the anniversary model doesn't appeal to everyone. The speedy, on the other hand, is an extremely popular, timeless, omega model (at a great price).

I'm sure if doxa offered up a 1200 divingstar for $1,000, you'd see sell them a thousand very fast.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Speedy went to the moon. Virtually everyone knew/knows, and every single person on the planet can gaze at the sky almost every single night and dream.

Doxa went under the ocean. Precious few knew that, and even fewer can gaze at the beauty of the ocean on a daily basis and dream.

Top of mind awareness has a lot to do with enthusiasm. Enthusiasm = sales.

That new Speedy is pretty stellar. And their limited edition info reached a lot more people than info on the 50th Anniversary Doxa. Simply a much bigger audience for the Speedmaster. It all equates in my book.

Lord knows I'm a doxa nut, but I'd rock that Speedy....

(hangs head in shame)
    Genebe and Seikologist like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling Moss View Post
    So Doxa offers up 900 (300 of each color) back in May for $2000. There are still some available. Omega today blindsides everybody with their SpeedyTuesday edition Speedmaster, offers 2012 pieces at $6,500!!! each and they are sold out in 6 hours!
    Come guys, I know Doxa is more of a cult watch than Omegas that are found everywhere from ADs to boutiques, to cruise ships and duty free stores, but let's show some enthusiasm and get these sold out! Doxa is special. 50 years is more special than Instagram or whatever!
    Rant over!

Well it is only a matter of what you do the first time when nobody expects it, DOXA was the first watch Brand on the planet to ever offer a limited edition watch online and that was back in 2001, it was the 1000 piece limited edition SUB300T, all 1000 pieces sold within a few days, the difference is that back then was that less than 0.01% of the world population had internet access, yet DOXA sold the entire edition within a few days and since then DOXA has brought thousands of limited edition watches online, so it is really about the first offer, the second and third don't sell that fast. The SUB300 is the 20th limited edition watch offered by DOXA in 15 years.

BTW, what I find strange, is that it took Omega 15 years to do what Rick Marei has started with DOXA in 2001. This forum was the beginning of today's so called social media

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling Moss View Post
    Rant over!

Well it is only a matter of what you do the first time when nobody expects it, DOXA was the first watch Brand on the planet to ever offer a limited edition watch online and that was back in 2001, it was the 1000 piece limited edition SUB300T, all 1000 pieces sold within a few days, the difference is that back then was that less than 0.01% of the world population had internet access, yet DOXA sold the entire edition within a few days and since then DOXA has brought thousands of limited edition watches online, so it is really about the first offer, the second and third don't sell that fast. The SUB300 is the 20th limited edition watch offered by DOXA in 15 years.

BTW, what I find strange, is that it took Omega 15 years to do what Rick Marei has started with DOXA in 2001. This forum was the beginning of today's so called social media

Zero financial commitment to preorder which is pretty much just designed to hype the sellout because it is a sellout. If you had to put 2k down to order it would not sell out in hours. Everything else mentioned about notoriety is important but it would not sellout quite so quickly if money upfront was required to pre order.

Nice watch.
    MHe225 and Monet_Briard like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    Different companies, different sizes, and different business model.

I think this special edition is an experiment for Omega, most of their business is through ADs.Havin

Having said that IMO the Speedy Tuesday is ugly, better the standard edition.
    laughinggull likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Different companies, different sizes, and different business model.

I think this special edition is an experiment for Omega, most of their business is through ADs.Havin

Having said that IMO the Speedy Tuesday is ugly, better the standard edition.

The reason I said this, is that the Omega project is considered the first social media watch, Yet, I think that this forum back in 2001 was the first social media platform and DOXA was the first watch company to ever build a watch for the people and upon people's demand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information