Doxa 5000 vs Bell & Ross

Thread: Doxa 5000 vs Bell & Ross

FPF

Doxa 5000 vs Bell & Ross

I was looking at as several Bell and Ross watches yesterday at an A.D., I had my recently purchased 5000t Caribbean on. A Bell and Ross rep. happen to be at the store (some B & R event) and he sure took a liking to my Doxa. But that's not my point.

B & R sure are nice watches, top quality and a great look. I tried on several of each series. I particularly like the BR02 series. Switching between the Doxa and the B & R's, I realized what a presence the Doxa has on the wrist. When I sat the two watches side by side, they both were of similar size. However, when I strapped each on, the Doxa was far heavier and had a bigger feel. It has a way of standing out in a crowd. It surprised me, as I thought the B & R would feel just as massive, but it didn't.

That B & R BR02 may join my collection some day, it is an outstanding watch. But I like my Doxa even more now.

Re: Doxa 5000 vs Bell & Ross

Quote Originally Posted by FPF View Post
    I was looking at as several Bell and Ross watches yesterday at an A.D., I had my recently purchased 5000t Caribbean on. A Bell and Ross rep. happen to be at the store (some B & R event) and he sure took a liking to my Doxa. But that's not my point.
    Was that the show at Little Treasury in Maryland? I didn't get the opportunity to come up for the trunk show over the weekend.

I once took my entire Doxa collection (750T Searamber, 1000T Pro COSC, 5000T Sharkie, and 800Ti Sharkie) to show the owner (I stop in his shop whenever I'm in Maryland because he's got a killer Ball Watch inventory and Ball and Doxa are my favorite brands). I was hoping that he'd look into becoming a Doxa AD. He looked at them and said that he just didn't "get it" about the allure of Doxa, with it's "flange-looking" shape. I just smiled because I can't explain it myself. I just like the look of the Doxa SUB line-up.

As for B&R, the owner of that AD wears a beautiful B&R chronograph that I would love to get. I was not a B&R fan until they came out with their latest models a year or so ago. In the end, however, I much prefer my Doxa "flange" dive watches.

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; September 28th, 2009 at 18:13.

FPF

Re: Doxa 5000 vs Bell & Ross

It was at the little treasury. The owner's a great gut, and he was wearing his B & R.
    I actually went there to look at the Ball watches, I didn't know he had B & R. I took a real liking to the master engineer dual time. If you haven't seen it in person, you owe yourself a visit.
    It was the B & R rep that really liked the Doxa, the owner seemed indifferent.
    I'd like to give the owner some business in the future, and I like I'd start with the Ball. It has a lot of class.

Thread Information