Doxa 5000t?

Thread: Doxa 5000t?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Doxa 5000t?

So the 300T through the 1000T were in meters and this is 5000ft? And it says Seaconqueror? The only part i really like is the screws used to attach the bracelet and the price for returning customers. (I am not one however).

My orange 600T is nicer and my 750T Mil Shark is nicer yet. Will keep following as more models come out. But it is great of DOXA to listen to feedback!

IMHO

paul
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

Re: Doxa 5000t?

Quote Originally Posted by dbluefish View Post
    So the 300T through the 1000T were in meters and this is 5000ft? And it says Seaconqueror? The only part i really like is the screws used to attach the bracelet and the price for returning customers. (I am not one however).

My orange 600T is nicer and my 750T Mil Shark is nicer yet. Will keep following as more models come out. But it is great of DOXA to listen to feedback!

IMHO

paul
    Yeah the 5000T thing seems like a weird departure from standard markings for Doxa. As well I was not pleased with the name "Seaconquerer". I fail to see the problem with using the name Conquistador if the Conquistador was a Doxa product anyway. It didn't seem to bother Doxa to make a Conquistador for Pete Millar.

If Doxa doesn't make it a limited edition, and they made the 'return customer' price a normal everyday price, I might eventually purchase one for my collection. That's still pushing it for me with most of what I wanted to see in this new model not there. I know a the way I wanted to see this watch is not what the majority wanted, so therefore it is the way it is and I have to just deal with that.

************************************************** *****************************
    Reply by DOXA
    ************************************************** *****************************
    Dear T kite, you know how much I respect your opinion, but telling me, that due to the name Seaconqueror, the SUB5000T will not be able to compete with other professional dive watch like the Sea dweller or a seamaster, (with similar, somehow fictious names) just sounds funny to me, you should be laughing at your own joke now, right?

I think, a professional diver judges his tool by its technical specs though and you are only complaining about names and markers etc..

So I really do not understand, am I missing something? trust me, if you see this watch at a jeweler, and see its technical specs, you will not hesitate for a moment to buy it. Don't look at a watch in bits and pieces, no watch, from whatever brand will ever be a winner if considered in single pieces.

BTW, I explained why we have not registered the name Conquistador since the 80s.

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 4th, 2007 at 15:24.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Baume & Mercier Capeland S XXL, 3300ft/1000m
    Zinex Trimix, 6600ft/2000m
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, 3300ft/1000m
    Tissot Seastar 1000, 1000ft/300m
    Seiko Land Monster 660ft/200m
    Seiko "pepsi", 660ft/200m
    Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

Quote Originally Posted by TKite View Post
    I fail to see the problem with using the name Conquistador if the Conquistador was a Doxa product anyway. It didn't seem to bother Doxa to make a Conquistador for Pete Millar.
    T, go read Rick's reply on this and don't just assume Doxa made a Conquistador for Pete Millar. You really do need to check things out before coming out with a statement like that. If you had read the threads you would see that the watch I have is a one off prototype. Now I could sit here and explain the whole Conquistador naming thing too, but I'll let your mouse do some work instead

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

T- Kite

What could you have possibly wanted that is not here? I have read all of your posts and you are always negative on everything.

I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, but yours are always negative.
    Last edited by twostirish222; November 4th, 2007 at 16:51. Reason: spelling error
    Thanks Nick

What I had pretty much had in mind:

A Conquistador (supposedly the name is copyrighted (Shouldn't Doxa own the copyright? - however that seems to have been explained already), with a blue dial and hand set like the Caribbean 750T, with the case size of a 1000T, a HRV of course, and 4mm thick domed saphire crystal.

As far as negativity goes, I guess I am just pretty dissapointed in what Doxa came out with for a 'serious' watch which was supposed to compete with the Sea Dweller and other big name HRV equipped watches. At this point, I would say the Breitling Super Ocean Pro would get my vote over this new Doxa edition. The Doxa dial seems a bit plain, the font size a bit odd, and the fact they changed the way they printed the words on the dial at 12 and 6 instead of 10 and 4 positions was a change I didn't much care for. Well it's time for me to stop complaining, as it seems Doxa has made all their decisions and what you see is what you'll get.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Baume & Mercier Capeland S XXL, 3300ft/1000m
    Zinex Trimix, 6600ft/2000m
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, 3300ft/1000m
    Tissot Seastar 1000, 1000ft/300m
    Seiko Land Monster 660ft/200m
    Seiko "pepsi", 660ft/200m
    Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

TKite,
    I do agree with Nick: you're always complaining about DOXA, you're so funny...
    It's always: I would certainly like, but I will definitively won't...
    So you should be consequent with yourself and, maybe, leave the forum???
    As you said the best one for you is the Breitling... So, why don't you get it (and yes, we also know that you prefer also the Sea Dweller!!!)??? We all have notice that you are a real pro, a commercial diver, we know that you know what you're talking about better than us... (in theory...because it's only your opinion: you don't own any Doxa, so how could your opinion be "objective"??? - it makes me laugh)...All right!
    You're not interrested in Doxa, assume it please...

And I would also like to underline that nobody on the forum is saying that Rollex or others of your favorites are not good watches. We respect all the brands. But you are not respecting the brand Doxa (by saying "I'm disappointed" or "breitling get my vote", it's not fair... What is your purpose???

Sorry for saying that, but I think a lot of people here are tired of reading those negative comments from you...

Quote Originally Posted by PIOU View Post
    TKite,
    ...So you should be consequent with yourself and, maybe, leave the forum???.. ...you are not respecting the brand Doxa (by saying "I'm disappointed" or "breitling get my vote", it's not fair... What is your purpose???

Sorry for saying that, but I think a lot of people here are tired of reading those negative comments from you...
    So it's only permissible to say good things about Doxa, or you're not "respecting the brand"?!

Following that logic we should still be sending our taxes to London. 'Fraid things don't work that way here.

T obviously cares about the quality and usability of Doxa products or he wouldn't be so vocal about how important certain details are in the deep dive environment. Funny how much more appreciated and respected T's opinions are on other divewatch forums.

You might want to get a few more posts under your belt before you suggest a respected forum member should shove off mate.

FROM DOXA FORUM RULES: Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Postings offending or questioning the standing, integrity, credibility or strategy of DOXA watches LTD will be also deleted without prior notice.

So, where did I go wrong? Everything I said is true, That's T opinion.
    It's a fact. T prefers Rolex and Breitling. It's fully its right... Did I said something else? No...
    But always saying "I'm a bit disappointed by the name, the color, the size" is no sense to me (are those questions essentials???? Where not in a fashion store!). T most interesting argument is the size of the case. But there is no proof that will be a real problem...
    So I don'"t think T cares for the quality of Doxa: he cares for a good watch. And for him, the best ones are Rolex, Breitling. He may be right. I don't know. But always saying: I'm disappointed, it's like calimero...
    An please, the number of post I put on the forum should is not an argument...
    You also make me laugh by saying that and it does not impress me, sorry for you
    Last edited by Jason71; November 4th, 2007 at 13:21. Reason: spelling

The great thing about life and being an adult is: If you like the watch you can buy it. I you don't like the watch you don't have to buy it.

Problem solved. I see nothing wrong about voicing thoughts as long as it's not meant to rain on DOXA's parade.

I don't see the point of bringing another forum member into the argument to prove the point though.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by PIOU View Post
    FROM DOXA FORUM RULES: Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Postings offending or questioning the standing, integrity, credibility or strategy of DOXA watches LTD will be also deleted without prior notice.

So, where did I go wrong? Everything I said is true, That's T opinion.
    It's a fact. T prefers Rollex and Breitling. It's fully its right... Did I said something else? No...
    But always sayng "I'm a bit disappointed by the name, the colour, the size" is no sense to me (are those questions essentials???? Where not in a fashion store!). T most interesting argument is the size of the case. But there is no proff that will be a real problem...
    So I don'"t think T cares for the quality of Doxa: he cares for a good watch. And for him, the best ones are Rollex, Breitling. He may be right. I don't know. But always saying: I'm diasppointed, it's like calimero...
    An please, the number of post I put on the forum should is not an argument...
    You also make me laugh by saying that and it does not impress me, sorry for you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information