Doxa 600t Graph 2005 vs 2007 (40th Anniversary edition)

Thread: Doxa 600t Graph 2005 vs 2007 (40th Anniversary edition)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Doxa 600t Graph 2005 vs 2007 (40th Anniversary edition)

Hi all, I knew that the bracelet, the 2 vs 3 registry and the capability of chorno pusher in the water for 2007 edition (what is the depth?)

Aside from this i wonder the rubber straps are interchangeable and any other rubber strap that can be used aside from the one that Doxa offers here.

Does the rubber straps need to be curved end at lugs?

What are the differences between these 2 units here in terms of case design -thickness, movement and others that you know.

Please generously share.......

Thanks!!

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Doxa 600t Graph 2005 vs 2007 (40th Anniversary edition)

Quote Originally Posted by shorinjikempo View Post
    Hi all, I knew that the bracelet, the 2 vs 3 registry and the capability of chorno pusher in the water for 2007 edition (what is the depth?)

Aside from this i wonder the rubber straps are interchangeable and any other rubber strap that can be used aside from the one that Doxa offers here.

Does the rubber straps need to be curved end at lugs?

What are the differences between these 2 units here in terms of case design -thickness, movement and others that you know.

Please generously share.......

Thanks!!
    The cases are identical, aside from the engraving on the side, so whatever straps fit the 2005 will fit the 2007. For aftermarket straps, 22mm will probably be the best bet, as the lugs are 21mm IIRC. Straight end straps will work best as curved straps will stick up as the strap is wrapped around the wrist unless it has tabs similar to the DOXA strap that would prevent this.

Like I said, cases are identical between 2005 and 2007, as well as the movements.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    The cases are identical, aside from the engraving on the side, so whatever straps fit the 2005 will fit the 2007. For aftermarket straps, 22mm will probably be the best bet, as the lugs are 21mm IIRC. Straight end straps will work best as curved straps will stick up as the strap is wrapped around the wrist unless it has tabs similar to the DOXA strap that would prevent this.

Like I said, cases are identical between 2005 and 2007, as well as the movements.
    I would say that the movements are similar not identical since the 2 versus 3 subdials configuration!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MTJO View Post
    I would say that the movements are similar not identical since the 2 versus 3 subdials configuration!
    Michael
    Mike, the movement is the same, they just don't utilize the third subdial and cover it up. It's still inside the case though.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I'm not sure if the cases are entirely identical between the 2005/2007 models, because Doxa has stated that you cannot "upgrade" a 2005 model to allow for pusher operation underwater. They changed something with the case/pusher seals to allow this, IIRC.

Otherwise I would think it an easy project to upgrade the 2005 model to allow for underwater pusher activation

Chris
    --
    "What you think, you become"

-Buddha

my current collection: '68 Tudor Sub-military, '83 Rolex Seadweller 16660 (matte dial), '62 Rolex Zephyr, Doxa Sub 300T Professional Reissue, Doxa Divingstar 750 GMT, Omega Flightmaster c911, Omega Seamaster 300/date, Omega PloProf 1200, Omega PO Chrono c9300, Seiko MarineMaster 300M, ZRC Etanche Grand Fondes reissue, B&R BR-02, Seiko Scubamaster M726, Helson Sharkmaster Destro, MeisterSinger Scrypto

krs

doxa still lists the case at 18.55 mms when it is actually 15 mms and change.
    so not sure if that was an error or if they really were 18.55 mms at one point years ago.
    there is a strap available for the current model.

Quote Originally Posted by siddhartha View Post
    I'm not sure if the cases are entirely identical between the 2005/2007 models, because Doxa has stated that you cannot "upgrade" a 2005 model to allow for pusher operation underwater. They changed something with the case/pusher seals to allow this, IIRC.

Otherwise I would think it an easy project to upgrade the 2005 model to allow for underwater pusher activation

Chris
    I guess you could be right, but I don't attribute the underwater operability of the 2007 pushers to differences in the case. Instead I think it has more to do with the design of the pushers, which are set onto the case. In other words, same case just different pusher assemblies.

let me get this straight (to summarize).

so the 2007 edition has 2 registers? does it only count up to 30 min with the chronograph?

what about the 18.55 mm vs 15 mm? are both version the same thickness?

Thanks for all the answers. We reach a conclusion that thickness is 15 mm instead of 18.55 mm. I saw some comparison photos by Mr. Boot and others on 1000t for it cannot be 18.55mm. It seems close to 1000t.

Martin Gagnon, that's nice combo you have there, any more photos?

Whatabout the glass shape, doom or flat?
    Last edited by shorinjikempo; March 24th, 2010 at 04:18.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information