Doxa 600T Pro is gone
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Doxa 600T Pro is gone

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Doxa 600T Pro is gone

Dear Doxaholics,
    I have a big problem: I loaned my Doxa 600T Professional (#797) to another member of this forum last year, and he won't give it back. I don't know what is going on. Here is the problem: as far as I know, he's a good guy. He told me a story several months ago, explaining why he has not sent me back my 600T, but since then, he has fallen out of communication with me. He has been active on watchuseek forums, so I know that he is around, but he has not responded to my watchuseek private messages, or calls to his personal cell phone. If I call his cell phone, he immediately hangs up, and then turns off his cell phone.
    I don't want to out him. I have documentation to my statements. I have his statements, when he said that he would borrow my watch, and then send it back to me. I don't want to embarass him, but not only has he not gotten back to me, but neither has Rick Marei at Doxa, nor Ernie Romers, who I have written emails to (I was hoping that they would contact him, and pressure him). Yes, the guy who has my 600T is a big name in the world of dive watches. He is a popular, well-liked person. I don't want to ruin his reputation.
    Here's the deal: if I hear from him off-line, and get my watch back within 10 days (April 25th, 2013) I will remain silent about his identity. If I don't get my watch back in the next 10 days, I am going to go public. To make sure that I am not shut down by anybody, anywhere, I am going to post that information on my personal watch blog: In Search of the Perfect Watch (I am posting a copy of this letter at the blog). If necessary, I will PM a whole bunch of owners of Swiss watches, to let them know the details.
    I really don't want to do this. If I need to involve the FBI, I will: he is in another state, and our paychecks come from the same entity (part of my job duties is to train local cops, and FBI agents), so I feel no aversion to calling the guys in Westwood, and asking for their help.
    Honestly, after I get my watch back, I'm probably going to close my account at Watchuseek.
    Here is a good phone number for reaching me in Los Angeles, California, USA: 213.471.6001
    Tom Miko
    Last edited by Thomas Miko; April 15th, 2013 at 19:16.
    Casio G-Shock G2310
    Doxa 600T Professional Clive Cussler edition # 797
    Longines 1950s hand-wind
    Luminox 3001
    Ollech & Wajs 3095
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5 mm 2500D
    Raketa 1984 pocket watch
    Seiko Black Monster mod (sword hands)
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Victorinox Mach 5 GMT

Re: Doxa 600T Pro is gone

Why not rat him out? Seems like he is a thief and using his 'reputation' to run rampant behind the scenes.
    Why would you send an expensive watch to somebody with out any recourse?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cajun View Post
    Why not rat him out? Seems like he is a thief and using his 'reputation' to run rampant behind the scenes.
    Why would you send an expensive watch to somebody with out any recourse?

+1 out him

Sent by Telegraph via Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is terrible.

I hope it gets resolved soon.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

This sucks! I really hope that there is a plausible explanation to why the person
    hasn't gotten back to you and that he (I assume it's a guy) comes to his senses
    and return the watch soon. I also hope that this incident won't cause you close
    you account here on Watchuseek, that would be sad.

sorry to hear this: not a good way to reciprocate a wis act of generosity and kindness. Hope you get it back, Thomas.

Tom, that is terrible. It is also theft. I hate to say it but it looks like reporting him is your only course of action. I've borrowed a couple of watches from Doxa and some of the forum members over the years but getting them back to them safe and sound has always been priority number one. I expect that is the same for everyone. Well maybe not everyone after reading about your plight.

I hope this has a happy ending.

Good luck

Pete

how horrible- he will not be looked well upon, but honestly you need to out him for fear he does more of this- unacceptable- sorry this happend

I'm so sorry this has happened to you...somehow I bet you aren't this person's first, or only victim. While I certainly hope your Doxa is returned, I'm also hoping someone has the courage to end this person's "career"....at least within the WUS community.
    DaveandStu likes this.

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Banned

I may have this seen this watch offered for sale either on eBay, here on WUS, Timezone and/or Watchnet in the last couple of months. I do not know if it is the exact one that is yours but if you search, you may find a copy of the listing/posting. You have to do what is required to retrieve this watch. Recently, someone else was had parted a Doxa Sub as a trade to a Polish man in Belgium who did not send the other watch to him and after two months, the authorities caught up with him and the watch was returned. So, you need to expose this man and proceed to the appropriate stages. There is no other way. I hope this matter is resolved in your favor.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information