Doxa 600T Sharkhunter questions

Thread: Doxa 600T Sharkhunter questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa 600T Sharkhunter questions

All,

I'm sure you've seen the 600T sharkie for sale. Thoughts, opinions? I'm giving this one serious thought, but want to know what y'all think about the 600T Sharkie as an "only" watch. Quick feedback appreciated on size, value, wearability, etc.

Thanks,

Henry

Smile Re: Doxa 600T Sharkhunter questions

Quote Originally Posted by henryj View Post
    All,

I'm sure you've seen the 600T sharkie for sale. Thoughts, opinions? I'm giving this one serious thought, but want to know what y'all think about the 600T Sharkie as an "only" watch. Quick feedback appreciated on size, value, wearability, etc.

Thanks,

Henry
    Sharkhunter is Doxa's most conservative dial color, only SUB you won't occasionally have to remove for a more "serious" color. 600T is far from small, but not oversized either.. great "do-it-all" size.

If you're going for an "only" Doxa, it's hard not to go Orange.. it's their signature color after all. But if you need a single watch that works equally well whether dressing up or dressing down, in the boardroom or in the surf, it's the Sharkhunter.

Value?.. Gotta admit I'm having trouble getting past the price increase that was to support a retail dealer network that didn't happen. OTOH I don't expect to see a 600T going for $ less these days.. So, your call there.

Bottom line, I'm surprised this one hasn't gone sooner!

Re: Doxa 600T Sharkhunter questions

I have a 600T Sharkhunter as well as a 600T Pro and Divingstar. The 600T watch is IMO, the most comfortable of the Doxa watches. It all comes down to which color dial you prefer. I mostly wear my 600T Pro as I prefer the orange dial over the other two colors. I also have a 1000T Pro but the deeper caseback make it less comfortable to me and because of that, I don't wear it much either. If you like black dials, I think you will be perfectly happy with the Sharkhunter. It has a great glossy black dial.

wayne

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a 600t pro, among many other watches and IMO it's my most comfortable watch it sits perfectly on my wrist and never feels like an anchor. I love the retro shape and it's a keeper.

Kev

To me, the 600 is the most comfortable of the Doxas.

I've owned the Sharkhunter, but sold it as it was redundant with another black faced diver in my collection. I am wearing the 600 Pro right now. I'm a big fan of the 600 line. I enjoy the Doxa colors. However, I suppose if this is your 'one' watch, the Sharky would be the most versatile. It is a great watch (in fact, it might be the one I used to own ).

As far as value, who knows?

Kev.
    Last edited by Kev; November 12th, 2008 at 04:40.

Kev

Here is a wrist shot, I have a 7.25 wrist. Not sure why I had it on my right wrist for this shot. It is not a small watch, it is just right.

For me the 600T is the most comfortable Sub of all the reeditions. Sits perfect on the wrist, very balanced.
    Not so big as the 750T, not so thick as the 1000T and very close to the very first Sub 300 (no T) from 1967, which is my favourite Sub.
    Since I purchased my 600T last November I have worn my 750T only a few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Best Regards
    Holger
    ************************************************** ********************************************

ROLEX: Submariner 14060M ('03), Submariner 16610 ('91), Submariner 16800 ('85), Submariner 5513 ('79), Submariner 5513 ('64)
    OMEGA: Speedmaster Professional Mark IV ('73) Speedmaster Professional 125 ('73)
    DOXA: Sub 750T ('05), Sub 600T ('03), Sub 300T ('80), Sub 300T ('74), Sub 200 T.Graph ('70), Sub 300 noT ('67), Skindiver ('60)

I wish the 1000T Pro had a shallower caseback because I like the orange color a little better and it has larger indices. I just can't get it to feel comfortable on my wrist. I'm still undecided whether to keep it or not even though I've had it almost a year and a half.

Wayne

My first Doxa was a 600T Pro which I bought in March of 2003. It was my only Doxa untill Feb. of 2007. It was my favorite watch until I got a 1000T Pro on July of 2007. For me the 750T Rambler was not rated as most comfortable until I put it on a GMT bracelet in Feb of 2008. I can vouch for these three models as being more comfortable than many other watches. Nine times out of ten you'll see a Doxa on my wrist. BTW the only thing keeping me from a 5000T or the new 800T is funding, I wouldn't hesitate a second if I had the Pesos.

Joe

PS I've noticed that some have an issue with the case back thickness on their 1000Ts. I guess that I'm in a group whose wrist anatomy is optimal for any Doxa, as all my Doxas fit the same. The tonneau case hugs my wrist like a dive mask with no case back showing on all my Doxas. Guess I'm just lucky.
    Last edited by jstawasz; November 15th, 2008 at 19:12. Reason: Additional thoughts on the subject
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Quote Originally Posted by subpro300 View Post
    For me the 600T is the most comfortable Sub of all the reeditions. Sits perfect on the wrist, very balanced.
    Not so big as the 750T, not so thick as the 1000T and very close to the very first Sub 300 (no T) from 1967, which is my favourite Sub.
    Since I purchased my 600T last November I have worn my 750T only a few days.
    Yep, the 600T is perfect.

I like the improved bezel and crown of the 1000T, but the extra-thick case back subtracts from the watch significantly by making it less stable on the wrist and less comfortable to wear. More so, as its only function by design was to make the watch thicker for bragging rights.

Get the 600T!
    Remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep. - Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information