Doxa 750 Sharkhunter vs Carib GMT :(

Thread: Doxa 750 Sharkhunter vs Carib GMT :(

Doxa 750 Sharkhunter vs Carib GMT :(

So I recently jumped into the world of Doxa back in Feb. of this year with a 750T Sharkhunter. I love the watch and have since added 2 different bands I wear it on. The OEM Black Rubber and a Liberty Hirsch with white stitching. Although when I first started to look at Doxa's I was torn between the Sharkhunter vs the Caribbean. I went with the Sharkhunter as I got a good price and there wasn’t any gently used Carib's available.

Now that I find the GMT's to be "on sale" I have found myself in a spiral as to of I should sell my Sharkhunter and get the GMT or just keep it and forget about it. I currently only have 2 daily's that I rotate a Seamaster Pro Chronograph Black Dial and the Sharkhunter.

Thoughts?????????? It’s killing me but so is this economy so I’m leaning toward sticking with what I’ve got but I do love the Carib.......

My retirement/savings is down 38% from what it was last October.......
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono Diver-Black Dial
    Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter Clive Cussler 0103/5000

Re: Doxa 750 Sharkhunter vs Carib GMT :(

I totally understand your situation. I have put all large purchases on hold. My IRA has taken a huge hit. I was going to get a new computer as the one I'm using is nearly 10 years old(not as bad as it sounds as it's a Mac). All the GMTs are awesome watches. The 2893-2 movement, which is regulated in five positions a la COSC, is incredibly accurate. I love the dial and the complication. On top of that the bracelet makes it the most comfortable of the 750 cased Doxas IMHO. However, in my own situation, if I hadn't bought it in February I wouldn't have one as I don't want to spend that much at this time. Like you, I'm at the mercy of the economy and other items in my budget have priority over watches and computers. If it boils down to an either or situation, only you can make that decision. Good Luck on whatever you decide.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Yes it is very difficult. Id love to won both the Sharky and GMT but being 26 years old its alot of cash to shell out since i have already spent 4k on watches this year in Feb for my Omega and first Doxa.......... :(

Maybe Ill get a gently cared for GMT but its hard to pass up the 2k price for a new one................

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Keep the Sharkhunter and buy the Carib. GMT--you'll sleep better! You're still young, you have a lot of time to save money. Life is about watches!

+10.
    Quote Originally Posted by wakanga1955 View Post
    keep the sharkhunter and buy the carib. Gmt--you'll sleep better! you're still young, you have a lot of time to save money. Life is about watches!
    --AC

SBD

Don't be crazy. Keep the Sharky, sell the Omega and get the GMT!

GGD

Get the GMT Carib mate!! I'm hanging out for one myself and I don't think you're ever going to get a better price than that

Besides, like my Dad always says......... "there's no pockets in a coffin" so you may as well spend your $$ now

I know Id love to buy it. Just trying to figure out the fund situation. Im going on a weeks vacation in November and Christmas is coming up. Plus the lady wants a ring and hates my watch obession.

The Omega is a watch I wanted my whole life, thus It will more than likely never be sold.

Dammit why couldnt this have come earlier in the year and it would have been a no brainer........

Thanks gents for your assistance...

DMB
    Banned

You gotta get both.

- David

Quote Originally Posted by DMB View Post
    You gotta get both.

- David
    It´s nice to see those togheter at same pic, probably my favourite DOXAs (don´t know if I seen all yet, but I have visit this forum a lot lately). However both are great looking watches, I´ll hope I be able to own one of them in the future which hopefully means in one or two years ahead...

Thread Information