Doxa 750T Bezel Question

Thread: Doxa 750T Bezel Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa 750T Bezel Question

Hi, I need an opinion.

I bought a 750T and bezel is loose. It needs a spring or clip. I spoke to Jack from IWW and he mentioned that the bezels on Doxa's are extremely difficult to remove. He would give it a try though.

In addition, some of the orange paint has worn from the numbers on the bezel. No big deal. It is just from normal wear and tear.

Here are my questions:

1. Should I just suck it up and buy a new bezel from Doxa. They charge 130.00 for the labor and 250.00 for the bezel. I can also have the watch completely serviced from Doxa for an additional $245.00. The watch was bought in 2005.

2. Does buying a new bezel affect the value of the Doxa.

3. Keep the bezel, just get the issue fixed and appreciate the fact that the watch was worn but cared for.

Re: Doxa 750T Bezel Question

Quote Originally Posted by chris.kenney View Post
    Hi, I need an opinion.

I bought a 750T and bezel is loose. It needs a spring or clip. I spoke to Jack from IWW and he mentioned that the bezels on Doxa's are extremely difficult to remove. He would give it a try though.

In addition, some of the orange paint has worn from the numbers on the bezel. No big deal. It is just from normal wear and tear.

Here are my questions:

1. Should I just suck it up and buy a new bezel from Doxa. They charge 130.00 for the labor and 250.00 for the bezel. I can also have the watch completely serviced from Doxa for an additional $245.00. The watch was bought in 2005.

2. Does buying a new bezel affect the value of the Doxa.

3. Keep the bezel, just get the issue fixed and appreciate the fact that the watch was worn but cared for.
    Keep the bezel and just ask Jack to re-paint it. A new bezel would not affect the value of the watch. The value is actually pretty stable so you would probably increase the value.
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Depending on use your watch may be due for servicing.
    I agree with romeo-1. If you replace your bezel with a genuine factory part.
    As far as I know, there are no reproduction parts for DOXAs.
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Chris,
    Its easy. Cape cod cloth on eBay will polish it up perfectly. I am at a dance competition with my daughters, but when I get home I can PM you the paint info. Orange paint pen I got at of all places Joann fabric. Perfect match.

Mike

Thanks guys.

Banned

OK Chris...I'm back.

I purchased these cape cod polishing cloths

Seller is dillmanupton, but I'm sure you can find these any number of places.

Then I used Elmer's open stock painters in Orange. Great match.

Feel free to PM me with questions. - Mike
    Seller info
    dillmanupton ( 11925)

Won't you polish the paint markings away with that cape cod ? and is it safe to use it on the crystal?

Banned

The bezel markings are recessed, so it was not an issue. As far as the crystal, I used making tape just to be sure....also just swirled around the bezel when finishing up...just tried to avoid the crystal. Crystal is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by WS72 View Post
    Won't you polish the paint markings away with that cape cod ? and is it safe to use it on the crystal?
    I use my cloth on my other divers and go right over the crystal with never a mark on them. They are clear and smudge free afterwards. That's my experience at least.

The Cape Cod cloth smells wonderful and won't hurt the sapphire crystal. It gets minor scratches out of the bezel, but not deeper ones. Repainting the bezel is easy just as described with the pen. Get a black one for the other numbers on the bezel as well.

Here's what I learned about fixing up the bezel:

Do it yourself because if you have Doxa do it, it will look too perfect. You'll be well aware of how much money it cost you and you won't want to wear the watch for fear of scratching the bezel again.

Do it yourself so you can just wear it and fix it up again and again. Trust me, this is the way to go. Note also that the paint will look great but will not last in saltwater, chlorine, anything you clean stuff with besides just plain water. But, you can just touch it up again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information