Doxa in Canada

Thread: Doxa in Canada

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Doxa in Canada

Hi,

Am a new forum member and have started to seriously look at purchasing a doxa. Does anyone here live in Canada and has purchased a watch from the Doxa website ? If so, what was the delivery time and how much were the duties to be paid (approx) ? Just asking before ordering so i can avoid bad surprises...

Also, are their alternatives for canadian customers (any retailers ?)

As a last question, which doxa is considered to be 'the classic' (that is still available for sale)

thanks !

Re: Doxa in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by maothecat View Post
    Hi,

Am a new forum member and have started to seriously look at purchasing a doxa. Does anyone here live in Canada and has purchased a watch from the Doxa website ? If so, what was the delivery time and how much were the duties to be paid (approx) ? Just asking before ordering so i can avoid bad surprises...

As a last question, which doxa is considered to be 'the classic' (that is still available for sale)

thanks !

First, to the forum

There are several of the forum members that live in Canada. They will be able to answer your questions regarding delivery time/fees. There are a few retailers around, but to my knowledge......there are none in Canada.

As far as which doxa........The classic, IMHO would be something from the 1000T line. It most closely resembles the size/shape of the vintage Doxa sub. The 1000T Professional or sharkhunter would be a GREAT starting point for a new Doxa enthusiast
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Hi,

thanks !
    Welcome!!!!
    You might also consider going on the Doxa site and using the Chat function there ... they should be able to answer all your questions as well.

I also agree with Jason if you are looking for the "Classic" the 1000T line is the place to look.

Again WELCOME and let us know how you make out!
    John M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi there and thanks for thinking of us!

We do not, as yet, have any retailers in Canada. Your best bet is to order from us at DOXA Direct. We have a BUNCH of Canadian customers and are well prepared to answer all of your questions!

You can reach us Monday - Saturday from 9:00 - 5:00 Eastern Standard Time!

DOXA

Hi,

thanks !

Hi Mao, the customs stuff runs 5% of the purchase price is a tariff, then the thieving gypsy barstewards known as the Government charge you 5% GST on the watch AND the tariff. Obviously it makes my heart glow with joy to pay tax on my tax.
    Welcome to the forum, they are beautiful watches

I purchased a 1000T Pro from Doxa directly and was amazed at the speed of the delivery...even after Customs kept it an extra day...It took approximately 5 days from my order to my wrist. If you are looking for the epitome of Doxa I would say that the 1000T Professional is your best bet. Up until a couple days ago I would have said the 750T Pro but that is now sold out. Good luck with your purchase and post lots of pics...we like pics
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Thanks to all of you for your input and guidance. One last question: what is the main difference between the 5000T and the 1000T ?

Thanks to all of you for your input and guidance. One last question: what is the main difference between the 5000T and the 1000T ?
    Size. The 5000T is thicker and larger diameter

Features. The 5000T has a HRV, thicker bracelet, better movement. Stainless-steel welded indices filled with lume on the 5000T with stainless steel hands. It also has screwed lugs.

The 1000T is a nice watch made to more represent the vintage Doxa sub. The 5000T is made more like other mainstream watches while still retaining some of the "sub qualities"

Here is a picture of my 750T and my vintage 300T. The 1000T is even a closer match (as far as size)

Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Size. The 5000T is thicker and larger diameter

Features. The 5000T has a HRV, thicker bracelet, better movement. Stainless-steel welded indices filled with lume on the 5000T with stainless steel hands. It also has screwed lugs.

The 1000T is a nice watch made to more represent the vintage Doxa sub. The 5000T is made more like other mainstream watches while still retaining some of the "sub qualities"

Here is a picture of my 750T and my vintage 300T. The 1000T is even a closer match (as far as size)

great! Is the cosc 1000T worth the extra money ?

great! Is the cosc 1000T worth the extra money ?
    IMHO, the logo is SWEEEEET!!! on the COSC version. The regular 1000T will most likely be fairly accurate, as many of my non-COSC Doxas are quite accurate right out of the box. I say, if you like the logo then get the COSC.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information