The Doxa Dive book - Anyone want a sneak preview?

Thread: The Doxa Dive book - Anyone want a sneak preview?

Guys,

I've done 17 pages of the book in a PDF. It contains and introduction to diving and the underwater world and stories by Stan Waterman and me... yea me... price you gotta pay ....

There are a number of famous people signed up to contribute to the book so I'm dependent on them rather than myself. For that reason I don't know when it will be finished. Eventually I'll be looking for photos or information and anyone who contributes in any way (even picking up on grammar or spelling) will have their name included in the list of acknowledgments.

I don't just want to broadcast a download link so if you would like to read the manuscript to date, please send an email to

[email protected]

titled

Doxa Dive Book

and I'll reply with the link. No PMs or forum requests please. I want to keep all the requests in one place.

Pete

Request sent ... thanks Doc!
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Re: The Doxa Dive book - Anyone want a sneak preview?

I had the pleasure of reading the sneak preview.
    It is like reading a Clive Cussler novel where the hero is not Dirk Pitt but Pete Millar.
    Doc Millar is describing the history of diving from the diving bell until the modern diving equipment of the nineteenfifties, with the discovery and treatment of decompression sicknes. Besides that he reports his modest and rather late first experience with diving in a quarry and later in the seas of Hawaii, surounded by illuminating ocean drifters and whale shark.
    A fine and adventurous description of diving as if you were swimming besides him.
    Regards,
    Adrian.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the link to the PDF Pete.

Its a good read. You have quite a conversational tone and carries you through the text. I really like the idea of a book collating a lot of real life diving stories from real divers.

I look forward to the published version. How long do you think that will be?

Cheers.

Guys,

thanks for the kind comments. I've had quite a number of encouraging emails in the last 24 hours so I'm real pleased that people like what has been done so far.

When will it be finished?...whoooo, that's a good question and impossible to answer at this moment. It all depends on when I get the stuff from the people who are writing stories for it. Some of them are very busy and need to take time out of their lives to write something. It's actually not an easy task especially if you have never written a first person story before.

All I can say is I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Pete

Ok Pete: when you're done with these scholarly treatises, I suggest a Doxa book on those exotic pocket watches, a best seller to be sure, lol.
    DW

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    Ok Pete: when you're done with these scholarly treatises, I suggest a Doxa book on those exotic pocket watches, a best seller to be sure, lol.
    DW
    Oh I agree David. We would just have to sell it with a set of oven gloves

Pete

Thread Information