The Doxa Donnybrook

Thread: The Doxa Donnybrook

Off topic The Doxa Donnybrook

I am on vacation at home playing Mr. Mom. This has provided me with ample opportunity to cruise my favorite watch forum (you guess which one). I have had the good fortune to watch the burst-like announcements of Doxa's new "Seaconquerer".

I doing so I have noticed a couple of things.

First, Doxa is giving us a teasing reveal of their new product, and generating a great deal of buzz in doing so. This is a fantastic thing. I for one am a bit of a "Doxa Evangelist". All someone has to do is say "watch" and off I go.

Second, this new product is different than the rest of their line (such as my 750T Milsharkie and my 1000T Pro are different than the T-graph or the GMT). This is Doxa's first real step away from a classic release to something that will grab the larger watch world, not just us niche nuts.

Third, the Seaconquerer hasn't been fully revealed yet. I know what parts of it look like, but not the whole thing. I think that Doxa knows what they are doing, and feel they deserve my patience. I for one will hold off judgment until I have seen their full vision.

Finally, last I checked all of our beloved classics were still available in some form. The yellow of the Divingstar isn't my bag, man, but the Pro was. Maybe I won't be able to resist the Seaconquerer, maybe I will. Maybe my neighbor will buy 2...

The Seaconquerer offers something Doxa hasn't before. This will make them a more successful business, something I for one support.

Figuring things out for ourselves is one of the only true freedoms we have. But lets do so with all the facts.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.
    Meager Collection
    Casio G-Shock DW-9050, G-Shock GW-M5500A (OD Green)
    CWC G10
    Seiko5 Mil (SNX427), Black Monster, SNX007 on a Super Oyster
    DOXA 750T Sharkhunter Mil ed., 1000T Pro, Deco (Something to wear with a suit!), Aquaman PVD Black Dial
    Citizen Ecodrive BM64000-00E (work watch), PMT56-2731 Promaster Duratec
    Casio Sea Pathfinder SPF70-2V (for my pool crazy 8 year old boy)

Re: The Doxa Donnybrook

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I am on vacation at home playing Mr. Mom. This has provided me with ample opportunity to cruise my favorite watch forum (you guess which one). I have had the good fortune to watch the burst-like announcements of Doxa's new "Seaconquerer".

I doing so I have noticed a couple of things.

First, Doxa is giving us a teasing reveal of their new product, and generating a great deal of buzz in doing so. This is a fantastic thing. I for one am a bit of a "Doxa Evangelist". All someone has to do is say "watch" and off I go.

Second, this new product is different than the rest of their line (such as my 750T Milsharkie and my 1000T Pro are different than the T-graph or the GMT). This is Doxa's first real step away from a classic release to something that will grab the larger watch world, not just us niche nuts.

Third, the Seaconquerer hasn't been fully revealed yet. I know what parts of it look like, but not the whole thing. I think that Doxa knows what they are doing, and feel they deserve my patience. I for one will hold off judgment until I have seen their full vision.

Finally, last I checked all of our beloved classics were still available in some form. The yellow of the Divingstar isn't my bag, man, but the Pro was. Maybe I won't be able to resist the Seaconquerer, maybe I will. Maybe my neighbor will buy 2...

The Seaconquerer offers something Doxa hasn't before. This will make them a more successful business, something I for one support.

Figuring things out for ourselves is one of the only true freedoms we have. But lets do so with all the facts.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.
    You're 100% right. I've heard people freaking out over polished hands by calling them blingy. For Pete's sake, My 27 year old Seiko Pepsi diver has polished hands and I'd hardly call it blingy. People need to get a grip. JMHO.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Thread Information