A Doxa for everyone. . .

Thread: A Doxa for everyone. . .

Kev

A Doxa for everyone. . .

Wow, I step away from the net for a few days and this place goes nuts! The 5000 is amazing. All the upgrades are fantastic. The Sharkhunter is my favorite of the two offerings, although it is always tough to know without handling the watch itself.

I think Doxa is really on a roll. GMTs and T-graphs aside, there now seems to be Doxa for everyone. To state the obvious. . . we now have the large Doxa (750), the small Doxa (1000) and the modern Doxa (5000). We all have our favorites, mine happens to be the 750. We post, repost and analyze the differences between the models. We seek out ‘the’ Doxa. . . which color, which crystal, which bracelet?

But, take a step back and the genius of Doxa is clear. They now have Doxa for everyone. Pick the one you like best and you’ll be in the good company of other Doxaholics who feel the same way. To me, this is a good move as Doxa enters the retail market.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh and for the folks in my camp, the release of the 5000 has solidified my love for the 750 series. A true classic! Out of the current line up, I’d pick the 750 everyday of the week.

Kev.

Re: A Doxa for everyone. . .

I agree.

Nice pic!
    I have too many watches.....

Actually after I straightened out my head and my 600T, I thought it would be right up there as one of my favorites out of all my watches. Then in that typically insidious fashion, someone makes you an offer you cannot resist, and bang, i have a 750T Mil Sharkie. The name(or nickname) is silly IMO but the watch. WOW! That all black PVD is beautiful and the size is up just enough. I still am not sure if I prefer the satin black of the DOXA or the flat black of the Fortis, but the overall effect of the Sharkie is extraordinary! May not be sold on any other DoXA's, at least for a while, but i do believe the 750T is a keeper.

paul

sorry for the bad pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bluefish

Nice Mil. Ed. Tough as nails PVD too.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by dbluefish View Post
    Actually after I straightened out my head and my 600T, I thought it would be right up there as one of my favorites out of all my watches. Then in that typically insidious fashion, someone makes you an offer you cannot resist, and bang, i have a 750T Mil Sharkie. The name(or nickname) is silly IMO but the watch. WOW! That all black PVD is beautiful and the size is up just enough. I still am not sure if I prefer the satin black of the DOXA or the flat black of the Fortis, but the overall effect of the Sharkie is extraordinary! May not be sold on any other DoXA's, at least for a while, but i do believe the 750T is a keeper.

paul

sorry for the bad pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

Thread Information