Doxa-Inspired Drinks
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Stabulldogs
  • 3 Post By mitchjrj
  • 1 Post By mitchjrj
  • 1 Post By toscana33

Thread: Doxa-Inspired Drinks

Doxa-Inspired Drinks

One of the best parts about diving...are the drinks in the evening following a fulfilling day underwater. We had a half-bottle of gin in the room (left from making negronis yesterday) and decided to get creative, using whatever else we had lying around. It ended up being a sort of gin gimlet, with a bit of a twist.

I call it - ďThe DoxaĒ

With inspiration from my classic orange-faced pro 300BL reissue, I added some orange, along with simple syrup, shook it up, and itís delicious!

3 parts gin
    1 part fresh orange juice
    1 part simple syrup (I used closer to 0.5 parts as I donít love drinks too sweet)
    Shaken with ice
    Served over ice with orange garnish

This drink got me thinking, what other Doxa-inspired cocktails or non-alcoholic beverages could there be out there? Letís see what creative ideas we can come up with. Post a pic along with:

1. Name of the drink
    2. Watch that is the inspiration for the drink
    3. Drink recipe

Happy diving and happy drinking!

Name:  IMG_4111.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  530.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doxa-Inspired Drinks

This might be the Greatest Post Ever.

Iím a lover of fine cocktails (including Negroniís Ė well played) so Iíll throw this in. Not a new creation but has an orange element. Funny that orange was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.

This is a riff on the Margarita, so fitting that it will be enjoyed in warmer climates likely to encourage diving. Letís call it...

The Tri-Citrus Margarita

1-1/2 oz Tequila (100% Agave, preferably Silver)

1 oz Cointreau (not to be confused with generic Triple Sec)

1/2 oz simple syrup (or substitute agave nectar)

1-1/2 oz citrus blend (equal parts fresh-squeezed lime, lemon and orange juice; it is absolutely unacceptable to use concentrated lemon or lime juice, must be real deal, but store bought OJ is fine so long as itís a fresh squeezed style)

Prep your rocks glass; moisten the rim with the cut side of a lime and dip in coarse salt. I make a mix of coarse/flaked salt and sea salt which ties nicely to this theme. Or just sea salt. Never table salt.

Add ice and shake hard for a good 10-12 count. Strain over ~fresh~ ice. BTW if you donít have a Boston Shaker in your life you need one.

If too sweet flip the Cointreau/simple syrup mix around. If not sweet enough add a bit more agave/simple syrup although with the OJ shouldnít be the case.

Here we have silver (Searambler) DOXA orange (Professional) and DOXA yellow (Divingstar). The green/lime doesnít have a DOXA analog so letís say turquoise (Project Aware) close enough (blue+green) Ė you could also add a splash of Blue CuraÁao.
    Last edited by mitchjrj; August 30th, 2018 at 17:44.

Re: Doxa-Inspired Drinks

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    This might be the Greatest Post Ever.

Iím a lover of fine cocktails (including Negroniís Ė well played) so Iíll throw this in. Not a new creation but has an orange element. Funny that orange was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.

This is a riff on the Margarita, so fitting that it will be enjoyed in warmer climates likely to encourage diving. Letís call it...

The Tri-Citrus Margarita

1-1/2 oz Tequila (100% Agave, preferably Silver)

1 oz Cointreau (not to be confused with generic Triple Sec)

1/2 oz simple syrup (or substitute agave nectar)

1-1/2 oz citrus blend (equal parts fresh-squeezed lime, lemon and orange juice; it is absolutely unacceptable to use concentrated lemon or lime juice, must be real deal, but store bought OJ is fine so long as itís a fresh squeezed style)

Prep your rocks glass; moisten the rim with the cut side of a lime and dip in coarse salt. I make a mix of coarse/flaked salt and sea salt which ties nicely to this theme. Or just sea salt. Never table salt.

Add ice and shake hard for a good 10-12 count. Strain over ~fresh~ ice. BTW if you donít have a Boston Shaker in your life you need one.

If too sweet flip the Cointreau/simple syrup mix around. If not sweet enough add a bit more agave/simple syrup although with the OJ shouldnít be the case.

Here we have silver (Searambler) DOXA orange (Professional) and DOXA yellow (Divingstar). The green/lime doesnít have a DOXA analog so letís say turquoise (Project Aware) close enough (blue+green) Ė you could also add a splash of Blue CuraÁao.
    Love it!!! Will add this to the short list to make when I get back home next week. I actually am doing my first barrel aged cocktail while Iíve been a way, a boulvardier (Negroni w bourbon instead of gin)

I was hoping for more creative ideas, maybe not as much diving+Doxa+drinking overlap as I thought! Iíll kick this over to a more general thread to see if we can get a few others...a pic of your concoction w all the appropriate watches in it would be fantastic!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stabulldogs View Post
    Love it!!! Will add this to the short list to make when I get back home next week. I actually am doing my first barrel aged cocktail while Iíve been a way, a boulvardier (Negroni w bourbon instead of gin)

I was hoping for more creative ideas, maybe not as much diving+Doxa+drinking overlap as I thought! Iíll kick this over to a more general thread to see if we can get a few others...a pic of your concoction w all the appropriate watches in it would be fantastic!

Will try for a shot, while taking a shot, later. I have been considering a barrel-aged mix as well. Just havenít pulled the trigger. Actually had a barrel-aged Negroni last year in Bruges and it was awesome.

Aperol aperitivo from Italy has the right color!
    Stabulldogs likes this.

Thread Information