Which DOXA---It's here 5000t SICK, SICK , SICK

Thread: Which DOXA---It's here 5000t SICK, SICK , SICK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which DOXA---It's here 5000t SICK, SICK , SICK

Im having 1 hell of a time deciding on which DOXA to purchase 1200t or 5000t. I know in the end it's up to me but a little help would be appreciated. I want to purchase a BNIB from DOXA & I want the orange dail
    Please some sugestions:thanks
    William

IT'S HERE W/ PICS ADDED @ THE END OF THE POST
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; August 22nd, 2010 at 15:40.
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

Re: Which DOXA

That is quite a spread in size, appearance and "wear factor".
    I would ask what size you usually wear but looking at you list of watches, I see that you tend towards larger ones.
    In that case, I would say the 5000T however if you aren't afraid of smaller watches, the 1200T Pro is, to me, the most classic. Some of the members with larger wrists than I (over 7") feel that the 1200T is a bit small for them.
    The 5000T is a more modern Doxa with higher grade movement and different style bracelet. It would be great if the ratchet styly clasp was available for the BOR bracelets but not yet available.
    I bought a 5000T Sharkie when they first came out and couldn't bond with the face, markesr and hands. Too shiney for me. Sold it within a few days.
    I am sure that some other members will offer opinions also.
    Good luck. They are all nice in their own way.

Bill

Thank You William, much appreciated, Ive been torn between the 2 for over a month now
    Panerai 312 / Panerai 176 / Panerai 380 / Rolex 16600 SD /Seiko SBGA001 "Snowflake" /Omega 3573.50 "Sapphire Sandwich" /Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope /Sinn U1 / Longines Legend Diver -No Date / Anonimo D-Date./ Benarus- Bronze-Mo /Seiko 1970 Navigator Timer/Nomos Ahoi Atlantik /Oris 65 Diver / Seiko Turtle SRP777 / Zenith ​ El Primero Tri-Color/ Longines Avigation Big Eye.
    William

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

krs

the 5000t has the eta 2892 which is a step better than the 1200 movement.
    it also has the ratcheting bracelet which i have read great things about.
    i guess it comes down to whether you want a classic looking doxa or the newer styled 5000.
    for the extra $300 i would get the 5000t cause it seems like it has a good bit more oomph in terms of the specs.

My experience with the 5000t has been great. I have both the sharkie and the pro. I have to agree that they are shiny as the previous poster mentioned and for that reason I much prefer the sharkhunter to the pro in the 5000t. The orange face on the 5000t just doesn't seem as orange as the 1000(which I have too). Also, it seems to lack some contrast as the hands and numbers are the same. The black hands on the 1000 pro provide a contrast that I think is lacking on the 5000. I also think the sharkhunter 5000t would benefit from orange hands... That being said, I really like them all but the sharkhunter gets the most wrist time. I also much prefer the 5000t because I have a fat wrist(8.25") so the 45mm suits me well. All of my doxa's are on a bracelet but I have been contemplating a rubber strap as I think they are more comfortable. Just my opiion, YMMV... Good luck with your decision.

Check this thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/joi...ux-434508.html and maybe get in touch with iinsic. He first ordered a 1200T Pro, unboxed it, looked at it, returned it and got the 5000T. He may be able to give you a good perspective.

I can give you a glowing review of the 1200T but have nothing to say about the 5000T because I've never even seen one in the flesh (eh .... make that metal).
    Good luck deciding.

RonB

I would say go with the one you like the best in appearance because you will not be disappointed in the performance of either one. Here is some good info on the respective movements in each watch:

ETA 2824 vs 2892 « As The Watch Turns

I went with the 1200 mainly because I knew I would only have one Doxa for awhile and the first one should be the "classic" Doxa styling. The 5000 is a fine watch but a departure from tradition. Additionally, I'm not hung up on the large watch craze and the 1200 is a perfect size for me. For you it may be different. Lastly, if you're leaning towards the 1200, think about the Diving With Legends special edition. Only 99 were made and it will probably be gone forever pretty soon.

Good luck.
    Seiko 100M Chronograph (Quartz)
    Seiko Automatic Diver's 200M (SKX175)
    Seiko Marinemaster Professional 300M
    Doxa SUB 1200T Professional DWL (75 of 99)
    Doxa SUB 4000T Professional (38 of 300)
    Boschett Reef Ranger (Yellow Dial)
    Kremke Subzilla (006)

5000t ...

for me. But I have the Sharkhunter. I prefer the styling over the classic designs. Just looks overall to be higher quality imo. I like the movement, hands, markers and sturdier bracelet with microadjustment attached with screwbars. I'm not sure about the look in orange.

Never had a 5000 but can give you my experience with the 1000T and 1200T. I have large watches, PO XL Avenger Seawolf and so on. My wrist size is 7 1/4. I received a new 1000T a while back looked at it and sent it back thinking it was too small. I never even gave it a chance. I picked up a 1200T that was a couple of months old a few weeks ago. It took a few days to adjust to the size of the watch. I am glad I gave the 1200T a try b/c I love the watch. It is not a small watch, it is just smaller than the 5000T, PO XL and others which are in my opinion pushing the envelope. When I look at the pictures on the forum and see the Cousteau crew wearing their 300 Sharkhunters, the watches look large to me. The 1000T / 1200T is the same size.

I was drawn to Doxa b/c of their vintage look which the 1200T is all over. IMHO the 5000T is a great watch and Doxa is a great company. That being said to me it has no vintage appeal and at the end of the day just another quality Dive watch competing with others in it's price line. In the 5000T price line there are some strong competitors which in my case won out. Just my 2c and regardless of which you end up with you will have a great dive watch.
    Last edited by Jeff Caldwell; August 11th, 2010 at 13:53.

I was in the same exact boat and went with the 1200T Sharkhunter. I have an almost 7 inch wrist and felt the 5000T may be a bit too big for me. The 1200T dresses up or down great and I like the vintage look of the 1200T. I also love the orange hand and it gives it a little color without being in your face with it. All in all a great watch. It seems to gain about +8 or 9 seconds a day which is fine by me. hope this helps. Here is a picture from today all dressed up:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information