DOXA "JENNY" Connection ?

Thread: DOXA "JENNY" Connection ?

DOXA "JENNY" Connection ?

On the WUS Dive forum, saw a post of a Jenny Caribbean. Found this thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=8552 re infor on Jenny watches post no. 10 states that Jenny is still in business and owns Doxa:

"Jenny is still in business. In fact they own Doxa, and will soon be releasing a new series of Caribbean watches."

(emphasis added) Is there any truth to this ? DOXA experts please weigh in....:thanks
    Jim

Re: DOXA "JENNY" Connection ?

Don't know about Jenny releasing a new series them selves but am pretty sure that Jenny owns the brand. IE Jenny fish on the Back of my reissues. Some one else will chime in but if I recall when several watch makers came together forming syncron and after it failed I believe Jenny got the rights of the brand. Could be wrong havent bought the Doxa Book yet.

Well, I apologize if it is a really, really stupid question, but I am fairly ignorant regarding DOXA corporate history.... hoping one of the leading experts on DOXA will provide some info.... I am interested too in the idea that the Jenny Caribbean might be re-introduced, so any one with info please chime in.
    Thanks,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Don't know about Jenny releasing a new series them selves but am pretty sure that Jenny owns the brand. IE Jenny fish on the Back of my reissues. Some one else will chime in but if I recall when several watch makers came together forming syncron and after it failed I believe Jenny got the rights of the brand. Could be wrong havent bought the Doxa Book yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Ranch View Post
    Well, I apologize if it is a really, really stupid question, but I am fairly ignorant regarding DOXA corporate history.... hoping one of the leading experts on DOXA will provide some info.... I am interested too in the idea that the Jenny Caribbean might be re-introduced, so any one with info please chime in.
    Thanks,

Jim
    "Jenny"(pronounced Yanni) is the Jenny family, and in the past had their own line of watches. They also produced cases for other makers, hence the Jenny fish logo found on the casebacks of non-Jenny watches.

The Jennys now own DOXA, that's why the fish logo appears on the backs. Not sure if they are planning to relaunch their brand, but anything's possible. If they do, I'm sure the Caribbean will be somewhere in the line as that was one of their most legendary pieces.

Oh, and for you guys who haven't bought the book....go buy it. You won't be sorry.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

On the WUS Dive forum, saw a post of a Jenny Caribbean. Found this thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=8552 re infor on Jenny watches post no. 10 states that Jenny is still in business and owns Doxa:

"Jenny is still in business. In fact they own Doxa, and will soon be releasing a new series of Caribbean watches."

(emphasis added) Is there any truth to this ? DOXA experts please weigh in....:thanks
    Jim
    Im possitive the Jennys still own Doxa as of a year ago, in fact I met Mr Romeo Jenny last year during a dinner for collectors ( for the brand launch in Manila). If Im not mistaken, he was the CEO of Doxa and maybe still is. Nice guy.

Subkrawler,
    thanks for the info, and not slammin' me ... yes, sir, I would love to own the book and even better a DOXA. And having seen pics of the Jenny Caribbean, I can only hope that the powers that be will re-introduce the Jenny.

Again, thanks for the info... please feel free to close this thread.

Jim

Subkrawler,
    thanks for the info, and not slammin' me ... yes, sir, I would love to own the book and even better a DOXA. And having seen pics of the Jenny Caribbean, I can only hope that the powers that be will re-introduce the Jenny.

Again, thanks for the info... please feel free to close this thread.

Jim
    Jim, If you took my reply as a slam I apologize that wasn't my intent. I tried finding a source for your question on the net but couldn't find good material for you to read. The things I stated was what I had read on the forum. Sorry if it came out wrong

Ray

Ray,

I said thanks for "not slammin' me..." it's all good bro !
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Jim, If you took my reply as a slam I apologize that wasn't my intent. I tried finding a source for your question on the net but couldn't find good material for you to read. The things I stated was what I had read on the forum. Sorry if it came out wrong

Ray

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Yes, the Jenny family still very much owns the Doxa brand, and it was under their ownership that the SUB series was reissued. Another interesting tidbit of info is the tie in with their historic dive watch company (the Jenny Caribbean was the world's first 1000m WR watch AFAIK), the Doxa Caribbean was created as a tribute of sorts to that historic line.

In the history of the Doxa SUB, there were four dial colors, orange, black, yellow and silver, generally known as the Professional, Sharkhunter, Divingstar and Searambler- there never was a blue dialed SUB, the Doxa Caribbean in the vintage line (the first was the debut of the SUB 750T, a reissue of 250 pcs, the very first 750T reissues).

Haven't heard anything more than the occasional rumor and speculation WRT a Jenny Caribbean reissue, but I think most here would agree it would be nicely received
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Thread Information