Doxa museum?

Thread: Doxa museum?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa museum?

although most of the pieces seem to be constructed with the pillow case, does DOXA have documentation or museum of their older pieces? would be interesting to know if there are any unique pieces in DOXA's history (and possibly be made into a reissue )

************************************************** ******************************
    Reply by DOXA
    ************************************************** ******************************
    Hi and welcome to the forum Hawainpanda, Yes there are many beautiful pieces in our museum, which is under construction. DOXA has manufactured thousands of models over the past 120 years and we'll need another 20 years to manufacture, what we currently consider the nicest examples. Still, I am not sure what you mean by unique, unless you are talking about unique DOXA SUBs, if the answer is yes, then get Pete's book about the history of the SUB.

BTW, there is no further in depth documentation, we are relying on the order books, to reconstruct many of the missing parts of the DOXA SUB history

DOXA S.A.
    Last edited by Jason71; December 21st, 2007 at 20:55.

Re: Doxa museum?

Quote Originally Posted by hawainpanda View Post
    although most of the pieces seem to be constructed with the pillow case, does DOXA have documentation or museum of their older pieces? would be interesting to know if there are any unique pieces in DOXA's history (and possibly be made into a reissue )
    I have a Doxa museum at my house.

Just kidding. The best historical documentation is Pete's Book. I realize that this has mostly the "sub" series, but information about non-sub vintage pieces is scarce and incomplete. I fear that most of this history is lost forever. Luckily, a few members and Doxa S.A. can make an educated guess as to era and date of manufacture based on experience and the limited history that does exist.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

just a thought: wouldn't it be nice if Doxa hosted an open house one of these days? So the collectors and fans could meet and visit and tour the mother ship?
    Sinn and other brands do this regularly, that would be a great excuse for a trip :)
    DW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    just a thought: wouldn't it be nice if Doxa hosted an open house one of these days? So the collectors and fans could meet and visit and tour the mother ship?
    Sinn and other brands do this regularly, that would be a great excuse for a trip :)
    DW
    I could definitely be enticed to do this. Plus, my wife would be happy to tag along as she LOVES to go to Switzerland
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I think you'd be disappointed...

I've done the Sinn factory tour and it wasn't what I expected. Most of the main components are made off-site and assembled, tested and shipped by a handful of dedicated individuals. No elves, no hollow tree.

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    I have a Doxa museum at my house.

Just kidding. The best historical documentation is Pete's Book. I realize that this has mostly the "sub" series, but information about non-sub vintage pieces is scarce and incomplete. I fear that most of this history is lost forever. Luckily, a few members and Doxa S.A. can make an educated guess as to era and date of manufacture based on experience and the limited history that does exist.

coool Jason

HA HA HA You´re not alone DAMN DOXAHOLISM once you caught the Virus you´ll never get rid of it

Regards Bernie

Hey i would LOVE a factory or museum tour... Just to see what pieces i have missing LOL.

BTW i'm hoping to have a website up soon showcasing some fine pieces, the domain i registered some time ago is kinda obvious

D.

Most Swiss watch manufacturers present themselves and their new collection at the Salon International d'Haute Horlogerie(SIHH) in Geneva or in Basel each year. On page 13 of the Orange Book is a picture of the DOXA stand in Basel 1969.
    Is this not the moment for a glorious come back?
    Regards,
    Adrian.

Reply by DOXA

Hi Adrian, welcome to the forum, DOXA has been exhibiting in Basel every yera since the early century. The Basel show is open for public and you are welcome to visit. This year DOXA will be in Hall 1

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; December 21st, 2007 at 21:58.

Doxas reply from above

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post

Reply by DOXA
    Hi and welcome to the forum Hawainpanda, Yes there are many beautiful pieces in our museum, which is under construction. DOXA has manufactured thousands of models over the past 120 years and we'll need another 20 years to manufacture, what we currently consider the nicest examples. Still, I am not sure what you mean by unique, unless you are talking about unique DOXA SUBs, if the answer is yes, then get Pete's book about the history of the SUB.

BTW, there is no further in depth documentation, we are relying on the order books, to reconstruct many of the missing parts of the DOXA SUB history

DOXA S.A.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    Doxas reply from above
    Why can't the folks from DOXA S.A., reply like the rest of us? Can they not understand that when they reply with an edit, it's very likely that the reply won't be seen by forum members....thus adding to the confusion?

Jason, I think it's cool that you're doing what you're doing, but you shouldn't have to.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information