Which Doxa for my 8.5 inch wrist?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Which Doxa for my 8.5 inch wrist?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which Doxa for my 8.5 inch wrist?

Hello Doxa owners,

This is my first post on the Doxa corner as I usually hang around with the Seiko guys. In fact, I have been selling off some Seikos to purchase a Tuna (sbbn015/017). Problem though, is that I hear the Doxa whispering my name.

While keeping an eye out for a Tuna I keep going back to the Doxa listings to see if anything rings my bell. Truth is that they all ring my bell but I need to know a bit more about them so I have put together a few questions I was hoping to get answers for:

1. Do the smaller cases (42mm) really look too small on a large wrist (8.5")?
    2. If so, do the Searamblers appear larger seeing as there is little contrast between dial and bezel?
    3. Does the 20mm (19mm) strap/bracelet look too thin on a larger wrist as there will be more of it showing or is that not so obvious with the turtle case?
    4. If I need to go with the larger case, should it be the 750T?
    5. Should I just stick with plan to buy a Tuna :) ?

Thanks guys, look forward to some answers

Re: Which Doxa for my 8.5 inch wrist?

For your wrist size i would buy a Doxa 4000T or a 750T. I have Both watches and they really have a nice dial size, easy to read & will look great on your 8.5 wrist. Once you get a Doxa you wont want to want to wear the Seiko's as much. I think the Doxa 1200 series would be to small. (In my Opinion )

here is a pic of the Doxa 4000T on my 7 inch wrist.
    Name:  doxa 4000 fountain.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  113.2 KB
    Last edited by WatchDialOrange; September 4th, 2013 at 18:44.

If you have an 8.5" wrist I think you should get the largest DOXA possible (i.e. not the 42.7mm case versions). Even the 45mm case DOXA's only have a 30.2mm dial which is similar to the 6309-7040. The 1200T only has a 28mm dial and a bezel OD around 40mm so it wears smaller. Here's a couple of side by side shots of a couple of DOXA's next to other watches you may be familiar with. These are not my photos, just ones I collected while trying to decide if the 1200T would be too small for my 7" wrist (I like 44mm - 45mm watches like the 6309-7040 and Sumo).

See DOXA SUB 300T under reviews for other comparisons, I found it very useful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WatchDialOrange and Horologic like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just recently picked up a 750T my first Doxa and I love this watch it fits so nice, real comfortable to wear. I have an 8" wrist and the fit is perfect, this is becoming a favorite very quickly. You would not regret picking one up for sure. I am already thinking about another one.

Wrist shots

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

-WC

Doxa 4000t would be perfect.
    WatchDialOrange likes this.

Thanks guys, your telling me something I already new but just had to hear it from someone else. You know how it is. So my understanding is if I go for a non Chrono or GMT, then I should be looking for a 750T.

Just one more question...does the Searambler wear larger than the others? and is it "dressier" (I know that was 2 questions;)

I would agree with others and steer away from the smaller cased Doxa's for larger wrists unless you're going for a real vintage look. The Searambler indeed wears a bit larger due to the silver face. It's a classy dive watch. Interestingly I've seen more SR's change hands this year than any other year I've collected Doxa's.

I like a larger watch myself and with 7 1/4-3/8" wrists the 750T's just make the cut. Not too small or too big. Again, with the vintage style they look just about right.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378371753.226114.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  75.0 KB

Hi Silmatic.....if your up on the sunshine coast one day., I can show you one of my T-graphs and you can compare sizes versus the Doxa Range.....Dave

Once again guys, thanks for your input. Dave, I might just take you up on your offer but first I have to sell a few more watches.

Problem is all the Doxas look sooo nice... it's a bit like walking into a candy store I do like the Searambler though!

Okay, just one more question if I may...

The 5000t looks to be the right size but it looks to me as if it may be one of the "dressier" Doxas, especially with all the chrome on the dial and hands. Any thought?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information