Doxa for non-diver?

Thread: Doxa for non-diver?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa for non-diver?

I am just really starting my watch collection and stumbled across Doxa about a month ago. I have been studying Doxa and it's following for several weeks now. I must say, I love the fact that the company appears to be grounded in their brand and, so far, hasn't diluted it's brand by offering a line for every consumer enthusiast (sea, air, land, etc.). I really like the fact that Doxa is focused on divers. But, here's the catch, I am NOT a diver. I love the water and would love to have a reliable watch that I can dress up or down. Question, do you "diver enthusiast" see any problem with us non-divers sporting a Doxa? I think it would look good on the sandy beaches or in the board room. Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Doxa for non-diver?

If you like the look - go for it! Many of the high end dive watches don't see actual dive action anyways (Doxas probably do far more than others). It's a great looking and well made watch, so you can't go wrong.

I'll give you some advice since you've asked. Get a Doxa. It works well as a dress watch because of its big stainless steel look. But, be forewarned, wearing a Doxa dive watch will cause you to start thinking about diving. Thinking about diving will cause you to want to scuba dive.

It happened to me. It will happen to you. Embrace it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

krs

i have a doxa t-graph and do not dive. actually many folks wear dive watches without ever diving.
    in my opinion, go for it!

Steve Tracy is right on!

I haven't made a dive in 20 years and love all of my dive watches and especially my Doxas. Although many of the active divers on this forum do wear their Doxa dive watches while diving I never would. I have seen some very expansive equipment get lost during dives. I always used an inexpensive G Shock for diving.
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

Thanks for the reassurance. Now for the hard part, which do I choose??? Thanks, again. Having posted on numerous boards, Doxa owners are a good crop . Can't wait to join the crowd.

I'm a diver and I do dive with my Doxa, and Steve's warning is dead on!

That being said, get the watch you want and enjoy it. You'll never regret a Doxa.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Look at all the people with Pilot's watches

.... and those with Moon watches .....

And then are those who have all three

I've started several posts stating the things I'm not: a diver, a pilot, an astronaut. But I do love all my watches.

Get the one you like and enjoy it; you'll be fine.

RonB

It's fine for non-divers to wear DOXAs. Just be sure you're able to explain what the numbers mean on the bezel and what a no-deco limit is in case anyone asks.

One reason (among several others) why I don't wear a Breitling Navitimer is that I haven't a clue what all the markings and numbers are on the bezel and dial!

I have 3 Doxa's, and I do not dive. Wish I did though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information