DOXA PICTURES REQUEST
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DOXA PICTURES REQUEST

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DOXA PICTURES REQUEST

Due to its unusual shape, it is very difficult for me to decide what the best model size, I ask that you please post pictures side by side with other watches 42-44-46 mm also wrist shots, close ones but not so close so that we can see the arm.

Thanks in advance.

Banned

Re: DOXA PICTURES REQUEST - WHICH DOXA SUB IS FOR YOU?

Do go to Doxa's site DOXA WATCHES SWISS MADE WATCHES since 1889 l Clive Cussler Edition | SUB 1200T PROFESSIONAL DIVE WATCH !!NEW model!! and click under Collection. These are the models currently in production. You also need to Google Dr Pete Millar who has produced a free ebook on Doxa Subs. 1) If you have a 6.75 inch wrist or less then the smaller case 300, 600, 1000 or 1200 is best for you 2) If you have a larger then 6.75 inch wrist then the slightly larger case may be a better fit for you 750, 800, 1500 & 5000. There are two models larger than 2) 4000T & 300T Graph. Once you have made the case size determination, then it is a matter of which model. The 1200T is the only one in the smaller category with a HRV/HEV and in the larger case 1500T or 5000T. Then there is the color of the dial. Orange is the signature Doxa Sub and named Professional. The black dial is named Sharkhunter and the ones with the orange minute hand are popular. From that, you have narrowed down by process of elimination.

The most difficult thing with determining size is what the actual measurements mean. I have smaller wrists (about 6.75-7 inches) and have traditionally worn "midsize" watches. I really wanted a DOXA for years, and when I looked at the measurements, they appeared really big to me. My Omega Speedmaster Moon at 42mm was about the largest I would wear, and my daily wear was a Bond Midsize.

After debating about posting a WTB for the 600T (the smaller case size at 42.5), I decided to pull the trigger and get one. To my surprise, this 42.5mm watch wears the same as the midsize Bond! (a 36mm). Over the years, I have determined that the most important aspect to a watch fitting me well isn't the overall size as measured, however the lug to lug size and how the band will fit while worn.

The smaller cased DOXAs (600, 1100, 1200 and the Vintage 300) all have a really small lug to lug distence, and the band is able to wrap around my wrist when worn. Also, the flatter case back allows for the watch to sit low on my wrist. This watch fits so much better than the 42mm Speedmaster! The width of the DOXA is considerably bigger, however that doesn't change the feel of the watch when worn. So to sum it up, these DOXAs are large watches that wear like smaller ones.

Hope that helps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks, both of you helped a lot.

My pleasure. There is one other thing to point out when it comes to DOXAs in terms of "their size". Many folks think these smaller cased versions are small because the dial appears smaller than their "Larger" watches. That is by in large because the bezel and cushion case are metal, and it isolates the dial. For example, it the case was standard, and the bezel color was similar to the color of the dial, the watch would "look" visually much larger than it does now.

The Dial size of my midsize bond is blue, and the dial is blue, so on a quick glance, the watch looks larger than the 36mm measurements would suggest. However, if I replace the blue bezel with the all SS version, the blue dial looks really small.

hope that adds even more to what you were looking to find out.

It looks like I will have to try one of them and in case i dont like it i flip to the other one.

Great info in this thread — I'm also of the "small-wristed" camp, and need to narrow my search to case size and not dial design. Guess that eliminates the 5000T for me. Making it easier!

Quote Originally Posted by JonR55 View Post
    The Dial size of my midsize bond is blue, and the dial is blue, so on a quick glance, the watch looks larger than the 36mm measurements would suggest. However, if I replace the blue bezel with the all SS version, the blue dial looks really small.
    You have the mid-size? Any chance you have a wrist shot or two? I was actually thinking about getting one but wasn't sure what the dial size looked like on a wrist.

I think it's going to be the 1200T for me. Not that I need an HRV, but I love the contrasting orange minute hand on the Sharkhunter.

Dipioli......

Here's my 2 Doxas which I intend to keep, both 1200T (searambler and blue numa), also
    I include photo of the Searambler in my wrist. What can I say... love them both and as you can
    appreciate not too bad in my 8 inch wrist. Anyway you go you'll get great quality and an awesome
    watch.

dpioli likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information