Doxa pre sub 300

Thread: Doxa pre sub 300

Doxa pre sub 300

Please if you can help me on this one, I find this Doxa in a garage sale the owner was in the israel pilot army for the navy, He told me he buy the watch in the early 60s .No marking on the watch like the eterna for the TSAHAL.BUT MY QUESTION IS I DONT FIND ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS WATCH, IS AUTOMATIC The back we can read 300 metres garanteed 990 feets underwater and REF11804-4
    is a big watch for the 60s lug to lug 48mm and 43mm with out the crown.
    Please if you can help me on this one, I see just one like this on a german forum fews years ago. the dial and bezel is much biger than a rolex sub 5513,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Doxa pre sub 300

The watch is legit and was sold by Doxa before the SUB 300 Era began somewhere in the early 60´s as the former owner stated.

This watch was availlable in three different Script layouts on the always black Dial.

The Last Version even had the name Sharkhunter printed on the dial which makes it possible that it was sold as a cheaper older Version side by side with the newer SUB line.

The case is rated for 300m but the crown is non-screwdown and the lugwide is only 18mm.

By the way I wouldn´t do to much to it as it looks nicely aged. Give it an overhaul of the movement, polish or fit a new crystal and that´s it.
    The dial and hands look nicely aged.

Regards Bernie

P.S.

Some Pics of mine undergoing a restoration:

Last edited by BERNIE; October 1st, 2008 at 18:51.

those twisted lugs ala speedmaster are interesting.
    DW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

That is quite a find!

It is always interesting to see something beyond the obvious DOXA's from the past!

Good luck with your restoration project, and keep us posted on your progress!

DOXA

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Here is a a page from one of our catalogs from that era

Cheers,

DOXA, the inventors of orange!

Thank you verymuch,yes need a new crystal,the movement works to fast 1hours every 4 hours,but everithing is correct exepted the insert ,the bezel is fine condition just the insert are lot of scratch,I think is probably mission impossible,to find this insert,i try my rolex insert sub but is to small need a much bigger insert, ANY IDEA?,what do you do with your insert?

Thank you very much for everybodie give me many information, its a pleasur to get so fast and really interesting information and picture from the past, and its exactly the same reference number on the picture,thank you so much, yes I go to try to find 1 insert ,new plastic glass,that I have, but the doxa insert, I THINK IS MORE RAREST THAN A DRAGON DROPPINGS.https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/oops.gif

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Hi Chronozen, and Welcome to the Doxa Forum!

That's a nice example of an early Doxa dive watch you've got there. To me, sort of reminiscent of the Omega 300 (pre Seamaster).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chronozen View Post
    Thank you verymuch,yes need a new crystal,the movement works to fast 1hours every 4 hours,but everithing is correct exepted the insert ,the bezel is fine condition just the insert are lot of scratch,I think is probably mission impossible,to find this insert,i try my rolex insert sub but is to small need a much bigger insert, ANY IDEA?,what do you do with your insert?
    I cleaned mine and use it with the scratches as I think it is nearly impossible to find a NOS replacement and I tried several other stuff which didn´t worked.

Regards Bernie

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    Here is a a page from one of our catalogs from that era

Cheers,

DOXA, the inventors of orange!

I know this is an ancient thread, but I want to bump it to see if Andy can tell us the date of the catalog that shows the above watch. I love these pre-Sub DOXA dive watches, and I feel the more we can know and archive, the better for the brand.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Thread Information