DOXA Pro 750T PVD Military

Thread: DOXA Pro 750T PVD Military

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DOXA Pro 750T PVD Military

Any thoughts on this? I believe it is 44mm which I think will be fine for my 7.25-7.50inch wrist. Is the PVD the kind that takes abuse or does it scratch easily? I have the 600T and I think the 750T is a little bigger(?).

I have a Fortis auto pilot PVD at 39mm or so, and it feels small but I really like the PVD.

Any pros or cons are appreciated.

The price point is a bit high but again I am going with the looks also.

thanks

paul
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

Re: DOXA Pro 750T PVD Military

This one holds a soft spot in my heart. It was my first +200 $ watch.

I have tiny girly 6.5ish inch wrists. The 750T is probably as large as I could go, your bigger wrists will be fine for size.

The PVD coating has seen daily hard use (I don't baby watches) and not a scratch in sight. It has held up brilliantly.

The whole thing has that "patented" doxa look, feel, and quality to it.The inside of the clasp and the caseback are not PVD'd. It looks odd, but you can't see either when you are wearing it.

I love the fact that it completely stealths on the wrist. I have never had a single comment on the Milshark. Conversely, I always get questions about my black monster.

Long story short, this is the one watch that I never has a second of regret for buying.
    Meager Collection
    Casio G-Shock DW-9050, G-Shock GW-M5500A (OD Green)
    CWC G10
    Seiko5 Mil (SNX427), Black Monster, SNX007 on a Super Oyster
    DOXA 750T Sharkhunter Mil ed., 1000T Pro, Deco (Something to wear with a suit!), Aquaman PVD Black Dial
    Citizen Ecodrive BM64000-00E (work watch), PMT56-2731 Promaster Duratec
    Casio Sea Pathfinder SPF70-2V (for my pool crazy 8 year old boy)

As I have written elsewhere, this is a GREAT watch, and agree with everything stated above. You will not regret it.
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 750T will fit your wrist just fine, and the PVD on the Military Sharkie is tough. My boss and I both bought one last year, and I've worn it all over and diving (see avatar). Plus, it's just a great looking watch.
    Remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep. - Rudyard Kipling

I think you'll be fine too, here my Milli Sharky on a 6.25" wrist.

& I think its a good looking watch too (plus i'm impressed i haven't managed to scratch it yet...)

Thanks folk for the info. Does anyone know if the 5000 pieces of the 750T series included all versions? Professional, Military Sharkhunter PVD and/or Military PVD(I assume this is Professional)? And is the latest 25 pieces just those to take it up to 5000(from 4975)? I have also asked DOXA. And one of the posts indicated that the PVD was not on the caseback nor the inside of the clasp? Seems strange to me.

Thanks again
    paul
    Doxa 600T Clive Cussler edition
    Breitling Superocean A17345
    Omega 2531.80
    RGM Sea3 Custom
    Ocean 7 LM3 #119

VINTAGE :

Zodiac Astrographic 2000
    Zodiac Sea Wolf(1964)
    LeCoultre Master Mariner (1970)
    Hamilton Thinmatic (1968)

Place of honor:

my '80's Seiko 5 which has been through the mill and still runs and tell adequate time.

If you go to the Doxa site, and click on the 3D View, you can rotate the watch and see the back of the clasp and caseback.
    Meager Collection
    Casio G-Shock DW-9050, G-Shock GW-M5500A (OD Green)
    CWC G10
    Seiko5 Mil (SNX427), Black Monster, SNX007 on a Super Oyster
    DOXA 750T Sharkhunter Mil ed., 1000T Pro, Deco (Something to wear with a suit!), Aquaman PVD Black Dial
    Citizen Ecodrive BM64000-00E (work watch), PMT56-2731 Promaster Duratec
    Casio Sea Pathfinder SPF70-2V (for my pool crazy 8 year old boy)

This issue of the 5000 numbers has been covered elsewhere, but yes, it represents the run of ALL 750s. As far as I know, the first run of Mil Sharkies was 100, with now 25 more so 125 all up.
    The PVD not being on the back is a little different, but believe me does not detract from the wearability of this watch.
    Dave

Love my DOXA Mil-sharky. I wear it every single day without fail. There are a couple of very tiny scratches on the clasp and some of the PVD has worn on the very edge of a couple of links, due to the constant wear against the titanium surface of my laptop. Not noticeable without a loupe. Almost as tough as the tegimented Sinn.

Steve

DOXA Military Sharkhunter
    Sinn 856
    Sinn 103

My post was based on what someone told me a couple of months ago on this forum - i.e. that there were 100 Mil Sharks originally. I have not seen anything from Doxa stating that but I seem to recall it was a "senior" forum member (i.e. someone with more posts than me!!). I hope I'm not way off the mark here. If I find the thread I'll post it, but someone cleverer than me may find it first.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information