Doxa Sea Nymph sub 200T Bezel paint

Thread: Doxa Sea Nymph sub 200T Bezel paint

Doxa Sea Nymph sub 200T Bezel paint

Just picked this up on German Ebay. Looks like it is from the mid 70s. Anyhow, I was just wondering if the outer NDL ring was painted orange or red.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by army scope jockey; April 22nd, 2013 at 22:28.

Re: Doxa Sea Nymph sub 200T Bezel paint

So after no replies, I went with tried and true testors orange and black. I removed a few scratches in the crystal with good old 600 wet/dry sandpaper followed by 1200 grit and the used 3 mircron diamond paste with a 0.5 micro finish. Scratches came out and watch looks great considering it is almost 40 yrs old. Name:  IMG_6449.JPG
Views: 520
Size:  149.5 KBName:  IMG_6452.JPG
Views: 509
Size:  141.2 KBName:  IMG_6458.JPG
Views: 444
Size:  123.1 KB

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

That looks excellent! I didn't respond, because I have no idea about the original color, but based on the bezel pearl looking more orange than red, you made a smart decision. The good thing about the painted bezel, is if you find out later it was red, it's an easy fix. Congrats on a super fine piece!!
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah,now to see if my better half will wear it. She has yet to wear a 35mm Yachtmaster I procured about 2 years ago.

I showed my girlfriend a Sea Nymph to see if she'd wear it, and her response was "I'd probably wear it when I go diving" well she is going for her open water certification this weekend (due to my insistence and doesn't plan on diving very much) so that didn't go. Hopefully your lady will appreciate the beauty and history of that AMAZING watch! great job ASJ!

We are both Divers and the only watch I dive with is my Citizen Hyperaqualand. Well that and two computers (Suunto Stinger and a Uwatec Nitrox computer).

You did a great job on that watch, it looks terrific.

Shame that Doxa's are so prone to paint loss on the bezel's, you think they would have addressed this a long time ago.

Thread Information