Doxa Seaconqueror 1500T??

View Poll Results: DOXA 1500T???

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • I would like to buy a metric version Seaconqueror.

7 17.07%
  • I would like to see/buy a metric Doxa SUB.

8 19.51%
  • I am in the US and I would like to see a metric version for the customers outside the US.

11 26.83%
  • Doesn't matter to me.

21 51.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Doxa Seaconqueror 1500T??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa Seaconqueror 1500T??

I have been thinking about this for a fair time......where do I start.......

I completely love the DOXA SUB product, but I would love to see a metric version for the rest of us DOXA customers who don't live in the US.
    Which I might add, looks to be a fair few..
    Rick did make a mention in a post that there was a possibility of a metric version being made for European customers depending on the popularity.

Not wanting to miss the returning customer discount and looking for a metric SuperSub I thought I would post this poll.
    So don't shoot me the rest of you guys, I completely appreciate where you stand on the matter.

I thought if a metric version was made it could maybe get a different name to appeal to different customers..... Like the caribbean.
    Maybe the DOXA SUB 1500T Seaconqueror Pacific, with a blue face (maybe a slightly irredecent blue face, which would go well with the steel markers) and an orange minute marker like the 750T caribbean.
    Cheers
    Peter D

ORIS DIVER SMALL SECOND S/S
    BREITLING SEAWOLF AVENGER
    S/S Black
    SEIKO ORANGE MONSTER
    NITE WATCH MX20
    CITIZEN ECO-DRIVE DEPTH METER CHRONOGRAPH

CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II
    CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II (my first diver)

Re: Doxa Seaconqueror 1500T??

Personally, I would like to see it. Even though I am in the USA, many of my vintage Doxas have come from Germany, Switzerland, etc. I really appreciate the Metric aspect of these other watches. Plus, the bezel does look different with less numbers. I think it looks great, and I believe there is room for both.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I think the 1500 would compliment the rest of the line up better...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Completely agree those outside the 'States need a version with their own measuring system. And I think Rick made it pretty clear it is something that is likely. Timing is the biggest question right now.

Now as for all the other customizations suggested in the initial post, well.... we can all specify a dozen cosmetic changes we'd like to see on our own personal watch (see Subkrawler's "OK, let's just say......" thread). But for those, I wouldn't hold my breath .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

As I understand it, the people who test and certify divers, even in the US, use metric. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the replys fella's, yep Tom as far as I am aware in the states PADI and NAUI use the metric system also. It is the worldwide diving measurement system as far as I am aware.

I guess a metric DOXA may matter more to guys/girls who actually dive.
    I am with you Jason on the bezel looking better because it is less cluttered with numerals though.

Love to see some opinions/posts from the guys that vote though.
    Cheers
    Peter D

S/S Black
    SEIKO ORANGE MONSTER
    NITE WATCH MX20

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    Thanks for the replys fella's, yep Tom as far as I am aware in the states PADI and NAUI use the metric system also. It is the worldwide diving measurement system as far as I am aware.

I guess a metric DOXA may matter more to guys/girls who actually dive.
    I am with you Jason on the bezel looking better because it is less cluttered with numerals though.

Love to see some opinions/posts from the guys that vote though.
    I'm not sure about PADI and NAUI but a couple of years ago when I was teaching under SSI, we were using Imperial.

If PADI and NAUI changed their US curriculum to the metric system, it's very irresponsible and dangerous. We as Americans think in the Imperial system of measurement. Deviating from a familiar measurement of length or distance, especially when we're talking about a misunderstanding becoming deadly, is just plain stupid.

For the sake of all prospective American divers, I hope they haven't. If so, that's another reason why I don't take too much stock in either PADI or NAUI.

Back on the topic of metric bezels...I think it's a good idea. You guys, who think in the metric system, should have the option.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I'm not sure about PADI and NAUI but a couple of years ago when I was teaching under SSI, we were using Imperial.

If PADI and NAUI changed their US curriculum to the metric system, it's very irresponsible and dangerous. We as Americans think in the Imperial system of measurement. Deviating from a familiar measurement of length or distance, especially when we're talking about a misunderstanding becoming deadly, is just plain stupid.

For the sake of all prospective American divers, I hope they haven't. If so, that's another reason why I don't take too much stock in either PADI or NAUI.

Back on the topic of metric bezels...I think it's a good idea. You guys, who think in the metric system, should have the option.
    Hi Subkrawler,

Honestly, you guys would know better than me about what measurement scale diving companys over there are using. I am going from info picked up from a couple of mates who live over there.
    As for Padi and Naui, I personnaly don't use them either. TDI for me.

Thanks for the post though, we think metric just like you guys think imperial.:thanks
    Cheers
    Peter D

S/S Black
    SEIKO ORANGE MONSTER
    NITE WATCH MX20

Count me in Peter - although it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I was surprised they went with 5000 and deviated from the previous models in metres for the name, but I guess the bezel is a different matter. I will not hold my breath, since other threads said that is bad when discussing diving!!
    Dave

Living in Europe I would REALLY appreciate a metric Sub!
    Maybe for a forthcoming model celebrating Aubry's period???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information