Doxa serial numbers explained.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By watchma

Thread: Doxa serial numbers explained.

Doxa serial numbers explained.

Okay, so this is a little confusing, but I will explain to the best of my knowledge.

Here goes:

So the Official statement from Doxa on this forum is that Doxa produces watches in 100 lots. And if/when the time limit of a certain model ends, it's over for that series/model, no matter how many they actually produce for that model.

Doxa has stated on this forum that they are prepared to produce a certain number of watches for a certain model.

A few examples:

2005 Doxa T-Graph:
    It is well known that there were only 250 pieces of this watch ever produced. 150 Pros and 100 Sharkhunters. And the serial numbers of these watches on the case-backs shows XXX/250. So what does this mean? To me, it means that Doxa has produced a Total of 250 watches for the 2005 T-Graph model.

So the 250 number is NOT exclusive to each version of the watch model, it is a Total of the model. This goes against what Doxa has stated. Doxa's official statement on serial numbers is as follows:

Lets take the 1000T model:

Doxa says that a total of 5000 pieces for each style of the 1000T model may be produced. What does this mean? It means this:

Doxa is prepared to produce 5000 pieces of each style of the 1000T model.

So we have this, that Doxa is prepared to produce if demand warrants:

5000 Divingstars.
    5000 Pros.
    5000 Sharkhunters.
    5000 Caribbeans.

Now, since Doxa only produces watches in 100 lots, (based on demand), it may be that Doxa may only produce 100 Divingstars, which is exactly what happened. But my Divingstar 1000T has a serial number of 0XXX/5000. So does this mean that my watch is one of only 100 Divingstars produced in that 5000 number of Divingstars that Doxa MAY have produced? Or does it mean that Doxa has numbered my watch to the Total of ALL 1000T models? Well, based on the 2005 T-Graph numbers above, it means that the XXXX/5000, is the Total number of ALL 1000Ts produced. However, Doxa has stated that it means 5000 of that particular style of that certain model. So my watch is XXXX of 5000 Divingstars that may be produced.

So to sum up, it seems that Doxa sometimes numbers their watches based on the Model only and sometimes Doxa bases the serial numbers on each style of a certain model. So we could have serial numbers like this:

223/5000 Divingstar 1000T, even though it is a known fact that Doxa only produced 100 Divingstar 1000Ts.
    223/5000 Sharkhunter 1000T

It is all very confusing. If anyone would like to chime in here, that would be great.

Conky.
    Last edited by Conky; October 5th, 2013 at 16:50.

Inactive

Re: Doxa serial numbers explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Conky View Post
    Okay, so this is a little confusing, but I will explain to the best of my knowledge.
    Here goes:
    So the Official statement from Doxa on this forum is that Doxa produces watches in 100 lots. And if/when the time limit of a certain series ends, it's over for that series/model, no matter how many they actually produce for that model.
    Doxa has stated on this forum that they are prepared to produce a certain number of watches for a certain model.
    A few examples:
    2005 Doxa T-Graph:
    It is well known that there were only 250 pieces of this watch ever produced. 150 Pros and 100 Sharkhunters. And the serial numbers of these watches on the case-backs shows XXX/250. So what does this mean? To me, it means that Doxa has produced a Total of 250 watches for the 2005 T-Graph model.
    So the 250 number is NOT exclusive to each version of the watch model, it is a Total of the model. This goes against what Doxa has stated. Doxa's official statement on serial numbers is as follows:
    Lets take the 1000T model:
    Doxa says that a total of 5000 pieces for each style of the 1000T model may be produced. What does this mean? It means this:
    Doxa is prepared to produce 5000 pieces of each style of the 1000T model.
    So we have this, that Doxa is prepared to produce if demand warrants:
    5000 Divingstars.
    5000 Pros.
    5000 Sharkhunters.
    5000 Caribbeans.
    Now, since Doxa only produces watches in 100 lots, (based on demand), it may be that Doxa may only produce 100 Divingstars, which is exactly what happened. But my Divingstar 1000T has a serial number of 957/5000. So does this mean that my watch is one of only 100 Divingstars produced in that 5000 number of Divingstars that Doxa MAY have produced? Or does it mean that Doxa has numbered my watch to the Total of ALL 1000T models? Well, based on the 2005 T-Graph numbers above, it means that the XXX/5000, is the Total number of ALL 1000Ts produced. However, Doxa has stated that it means 5000 of that particular style of that certain model. So my watch is XXX of 5000 Divingstars that may be produced.
    So to sum up, it seems that Doxa sometimes numbers their watches based on the Model only and sometimes Doxa bases the serial numbers on each style of a certain model. So we could have serial numbers like this:
    223/5000 Divingstar 1000T, even though it is a known fact that Doxa only produced 100 Divingstar 1000Ts.
    223/5000 Sharkhunter 1000T
    It is all very confusing. If anyone would like to chime in here, that would be great.
    Conky.
    Conky and Steve Tracy like this.

Thread Information