Doxa Service and Repairs – My Experience
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Doxa Service and Repairs – My Experience

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Doxa Service and Repairs – My Experience

I recieved my 600T Pro back from Doxa’s service center in LA recentlyand I have to say I am very disappointed with their efforts. After the crown and stem literally detachedfrom the watch I decided to do the right thing and send it to Doxa for repairand an overdue service rather than an independent shop. Well after 2 months and $700, I received thewatch back. Firstly the watch was poorlyprotected when shipped - just a bubble-wrap envelope. No service box, no papers indicating whatwork had been done, or if the watch had been regulated or pressure tested. Nothing. I had it sent to my work address and they did not even include arecipient’s name on the package – luckily I was able to retrieve it but couldhave ended up anywhere in the building.
    As for the watch itself, not only was the watch case notdetailed as I would have expected with a full service, it does not even appearto have been cleaned. There was stillgunk visible around the case back lip. Also there were new scratches on the back where someone obviouslyslipped opening the case. Very sloppywork.
    I have had watches serviced by Rolex and Tag and the watchescome back with the work documented, any old parts that were replaced duringservice, and the watches looking much better cosmetically than when they weresent out. My recent experience with Doxawas very different. Is my story ananomaly? Have others had better luckwith Doxa’s service than me?
    Rob.

*****************************Reply on behalf of DOXA********************************************** *****

Hi Rob, I apologize on behalf of DOXA, and assure you that the service will be carried out to your full satisfaction; all labor costs were refunded to your PayPal account for this repair.

Please return your watch to the service center in L.A. for detailing the case. The service center does not do this unless explicitly requested, because many customers prefer the original case no to be retouched. Please also indicate the exact return address on your RMA form. In regards of packaging and your other complaints, DOXA will contact the service center to insure anything like this doesn't happen in the future.

You will also receive a free DOXA rubber strap of your choice for your SUB600T to make up for the inconvenience.

*****************************Reply on behalf of DOXA********************************************** *****

Last edited by DOXA S.A.; August 25th, 2013 at 03:15.

Re: Doxa Service and Repairs – My Experience

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Very disappointing espcially at $700 and after a 2-month wait. Did you contact them about it?
    No personal experience but I have heard others complain about post sale service in general, which is what has been keeping me from buying another Doxa. I love their watches and would like another 750 or 5000.
    I am interested to see how Doxa handles this case.
    Good luck. B
    ALPINA Tribute to KM710 Manufacture & Seastrong GMT | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK Rangeman, DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | ERNST & BENZ custom Chronosport | FARER Lander GMT | GSD 3A pilot | GRAND SEIKO SBGR311 LE | IWC Spitfire Chronograph | MIDO OceanStar Captain Tribute 75th Anniversary | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ROLEX Explorerr II 216570 | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD & SS, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO SPB087 MM200 PADI | SPINNACKER Cahill Mid-Size, Amafi | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Skytrain, DDAY, Air Defenders Panda LE | TRASKA Freediver | TUDOR Pelagos & Black Bay Bronze | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Preordered/Incoming:

I have a 1000 & a 1200 and if / when something goes wrong or it's time for a service, I'll be using a local guy. I've heard way too many horror stories when it comes to Doxa after purchase service to consider sending it to them.

Hope you get some explanations and some sort of compensation, Rob. Good Luck!
    Have a good day!

Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are you sure it actually went to Doxa?

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Yikes, stories like these keep pushing me to $300 Seiko's and Orients.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    I recieved my 600T Pro back from Doxa’s service center in LA recentlyand I have to say I am very disappointed with their efforts. After the crown and stem literally detachedfrom the watch I decided to do the right thing and send it to Doxa for repairand an overdue service rather than an independent shop. Well after 2 months and $700, I received thewatch back. Firstly the watch was poorlyprotected when shipped - just a bubble-wrap envelope. No service box, no papers indicating whatwork had been done, or if the watch had been regulated or pressure tested. Nothing. I had it sent to my work address and they did not even include arecipient’s name on the package – luckily I was able to retrieve it but couldhave ended up anywhere in the building.
    As for the watch itself, not only was the watch case notdetailed as I would have expected with a full service, it does not even appearto have been cleaned. There was stillgunk visible around the case back lip. Also there were new scratches on the back where someone obviouslyslipped opening the case. Very sloppywork.
    I have had watches serviced by Rolex and Tag and the watchescome back with the work documented, any old parts that were replaced duringservice, and the watches looking much better cosmetically than when they weresent out. My recent experience with Doxawas very different. Is my story ananomaly? Have others had better luckwith Doxa’s service than me?
    Rob.

Hi Rob, I apologize on behalf of DOXA, and assure you that the service will be carried out to your full satisfaction;

Please return your watch to the service center in L.A. for detailing the case. The service center does not do this unless explicitly requested, because many customers prefer the original case no to be retouched. Please also indicate the exact return address on your RMA form. In regards of packaging and your other complaints, DOXA will contact the service center to insure anything like this doesn't happen in the future.

You will also receive a free DOXA rubber strap of your choice for your SUB600T to make up for the inconvenience.

Last edited by DOXA S.A.; August 24th, 2013 at 00:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Are you sure it actually went to Doxa?
    The watch was serviced by DOXAs service center in L.A.

Really sorry to hear of your experience with DOXA. I had heard some negative things about DOXA's after- sales service too, but, despite it, I recently went ahead and purchased a 750T Sharkhunter. Should I ever need DOXA CS I'm hoping for a better experience than that of the OP's.

While stories like this may represent isolated incidents, they are disturbing
    and do affect people's purchasing decisions as we've already heard in this thread.

DOXA has a rich history and a great line of divers watches that obviously have a sizable following. I'm a recent convert and my 750T has quickly become one of my favorites. But stories like this do make me nervous, and I'm hoping DOXA will take this seriously and take steps to restore the OP's faith in the brand - as well as that of prospective purchasers.

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post

Hi Rob, I apologize on behalf of DOXA, and assure you that the service will be carried out to your full satisfaction;

Thank you and although I appreciate the gesture, quite honestly I am extremely reluctant to let your LA service center handle my watch again. What I would ask for though at a minimum is documentation of the service, specifically the pressure test and regulation (which I hope you did complete!)

For the record, I did contact Doxa detailing my concerns and disappointment, as well as requesting some sort of documentation on the service, but I never received areply of my last e-mail from two weeks ago.

I am posting this so that any other Doxa owners out there who find themselves in a similar situation have a heads-up on what to expect.

Rob.
    Last edited by Rob T; August 24th, 2013 at 02:27.

Sloppy workmanship, poor QC, crappy shipping - but hey, you're gettin' a free strap so pipe down! Fail.

Doxa should expedite the watch return, at their expense. Then provide the customer with all that was requested - placing it at the front of the line and expediting the return. Then consider refunding the service charge, in the interest of customer service. That's how to win hearts and minds of watch folk......
    Last edited by Hoppyjr; August 24th, 2013 at 03:55.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information