Doxa spare bezel?

Thread: Doxa spare bezel?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    odp

Doxa spare bezel?

Do you think it would be a good idea for Doxa to supply a spare bezel with their watches?
    I ask as it is the bezel that always seems to bear the brunt of any knocks and scrapes. I would find it reasuring to have a spare so that I do not need to worry about getting damaged. (Basically use the watch for its purpose - a tool, and safe in the knowledge that when its battered to hell it can be refinished back to pristine condition.)
    What do you all think?

Reply by DOXA S.A.
    Hi odp, thank you for your post, You can buy a bezel for your watch any time. but the bezel of the DOXA SUB cannot be replaced without a special machine that was custom built for DOXA, so will need to send the watch to DOXA or to an authorized service center to replace it. As for supplying it with the watch, it would be like a car manufacturer delivering their cars with an extra bodyshell, I am sure you did not mean this.

There are several types of bezels and bezel mechanisms, some , that never feel solid from the start and have a play that will continue to increase until they feel very wobbly. Some use plastic inserts, which never give this rich click sound. The DOXA SUB was always known for its very solid all steel bezel, with a very accurate click and almost no play at all, this basically the reason the DOXA bezel cannot be removed without a special tool.

Rick
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 10th, 2007 at 20:13.

Re: Doxa spare bezel?

I like that idea. How easy would it be to find a watchmaker to replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by odp View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea for Doxa to supply a spare bezel with their watches?
    I ask as it is the bezel that always seems to bear the brunt of any knocks and scrapes. I would find it reasuring to have a spare so that I do not need to worry about getting damaged. (Basically use the watch for its purpose - a tool, and safe in the knowledge that when its battered to hell it can be refinished back to pristine condition.)
    What do you all think?
    "Most people go their whole lives wondering if they've made a difference, U.S. Marines do not have that problem." - Former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

Doxa spare bezel?

Nah, a complimentary rubber strap is one thing, but "free" spare parts is asking a bit too much, IMHO.

A spare bezel is a fantastic idea; but methinks that one should buy it from DOXA. Look at it this way; if they should offer a free bezel with purchase, why not a free crown too? Or a free crystal? Or bracelet? You understand my point ... where should the line be?

No other watch company that I'm aware of offers "spare parts" when you acquire their product. Having these items in a safe for future use is a good idea (allot of the folks on the G-Shock forum seem to do this), but I truly believe that it is up to the consumer to make this decision, not the manufacturer.

Just my random thoughts, YMMV

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

odp

Quite agree, my original post was unclear. I'd be very happy to purchase a spare seperately, I would not expect one for free. I wonder how much one would cost?

Guys,

I'm not sure a spare bezel would do you anay good. I remember something about how the new Doxas use bezels that have been put on in such a way that it is virtually impossible for Mr Man in the Street (and that includes watchmakers) to remove them. I was under the impression that the watch needed to be sent back for a new bezel. Maybe Rick or someone could confirm this.

Pete

Doxa spare bezel?

odp: Kewl, my bad I guess, I misunderstood your intent. Kinda would be neat to get a "spare" watch though, uh?

Dr. Pete: OK, I had no idea about the bezel being of a certain design .... what's that all about?

Cheers!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by brietlingman View Post
    No other watch company that I'm aware of offers "spare parts" when you acquire their product.
    ...except Stowa
    Michael

Doxa spare bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael D View Post
    ...except Stowa
    Really? Wow, are the parts "free", or do you have to pay "shipping & handling"? I know nothing of Stowa, except that many folks swear by them.

Very kewl, please enlighten us how this works, and thanks for the contribution.

Cheers!
    Bill

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Pretty sure you still need to purchase the spare bezel with Stowa . It's just that spare bezels (in varying colors and/or finishes) are available for their Seatime and Prodiver watches. And they can easily be changed by the end user (always wondered if they were prone to coming off by accident, though I've not heard of that happening).

Nice watches, I may get around to buying one some day.... If Doxa will slow down on the new models long enough for me to look elsewhere!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Doxa spare bezel?

OK then, I've learned something new today! And I'm with you about DOXA; my wife is gonna kill me .......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information