Doxa SUB 1200T Professional DWL #86/99

Thread: Doxa SUB 1200T Professional DWL #86/99

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa SUB 1200T Professional DWL #86/99

Photos first:

With my SUB 300T Professional Re-Issue of 2002:

SUB 300T, SUB 1200T DWL, and Boschett Reef Ranger (my daily wear orange faced dive watch):

Last edited by Steve Tracy; April 18th, 2010 at 02:35.

Re: Doxa SUB 1200T Professional DWL #86/99

With an autographed photo of Clive Cussler's original Doxa, "the one that started it all":

With print of the Hunley signed by the artist, Cussler, and Ralph Wilbanks at the DWL presentation:

Amazing lume!

#86/99 going for a spin with the convertible top down and soaking up some sun:

This watch is everything in a Doxa that I could ever ask for.

The case design, size, orange and style is pure and classic Doxa. I have wanted a beads of rice bracelet for what seems like forever. I remember the angst that people had over the 2002 SUB 300T Re-Issue chain style bracelet. While I always liked it, the BOR still called to me. I really like the dive table in feet instead of meters. While I appreciated the 2002 Re-Issue being in meters, I just prefer feet. Plust I find the orange numbers on the bezels take up more room from 12 to 3 o'clock and I like all that orange paint! I really like the plain indexes without all the smaller hash marks too.

I absolutely love the tiny hour hand compared to the much bigger minute hand, just like the 1960's Doxa SUB watches had. That was another little niggling aspect of the Re-Issue.

The Helium Release Valve is just supercool. I'll never use it, but it sure will be a talking point. The slightly domed crystal doesn't bother me. Yes, it distorts the watch's face a little bit when viewed at an angle. But it's not bad. I am used to my 300T and my Boschett Reef Ranger with their flat crystals, but it's no big deal.

The Diving With Legends logo is awesome! Its location in the lower left quadrant is so reminiscent of the US Divers logo on the orginal Doxa dive watches. I just love that! The watch is very comfortable on my big wrist. I think I only have to adjust the micro instead of taking a link out.

I couldn't resist this SUB 1200T DWL. I attended the DWL presentation and got to meet so many of our terrific forum members and i appreciate Doxa's support of Pete Millar with his fantastic book. It's really amazing to have one of these super limited edition watches that 24 of the world's greatest divers are also wearing right now.

Well worth it to me! This watch is the ultimate in my book!
    Last edited by Steve Tracy; April 16th, 2010 at 18:33.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great post...but next time could you add a few more pics?
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Again, congratulations, Steve. I'm sure you will enjoy #86 as much as I am enjoying #11.

Romeo-1 stole my thunder .... I was going to comment on the fact that your posts above are a little light on pictures, but then, I don't want to rub it in, beat the dead horse some more, so I will keep quiet

Interesting comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Tracy
    This watch is the ultimate in my book!
    Can I order one (book that is) or do I need to wait for the 2nd edition? (LOL)

RonB

Does anyone have any comments/opinions regarding the advantages/disadvantages/differences between the 1200T and 1000T?

Steve, congrats on the 1200T DWL. Wear it in good health.

Banned

Lord have mercy...now this has got me burning for a 1200T....

Congrats Steve, enjoy it in good health and WELCOME TO THE DWL CLUB!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Quote Originally Posted by jrfancher View Post
    Does anyone have any comments/opinions regarding the advantages/disadvantages/differences between the 1200T and 1000T?

All this has been covered in other posts, but here goes;

I have a SUB 1000T Mil Pro and a SUB 1200T Pro. The watches are the same size or so close that I can't tell. The bracelet on the 1200 is heavier and in my opinion much better. The dial on the 1000 has micro ticks on the dial for no good reason other than to clutter up the watch. The 1200 also has a totally useless, to most of us, HRV but it adds a coolness factor.

The SUB 1000T is a few hundred dollars less than the SUB 1200T.
    If I had known that the 1200 was available I would not have bought the SUB 1000T Mil Pro. Had I known that a DWL 1200 would be released shortly I would have pulled the trigger on that one.:oops:

To sum it all up I like both watches equally and can't bring myself to flip either one!
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information