Doxa Sub 300 T Conquistador

Thread: Doxa Sub 300 T Conquistador

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doxa Sub 300 T Conquistador

I just recently inherited a Doxa Conquistador which I believe is from the 70's. I am not sure if I want to sell it yet or not. I just wonder what something like this might be worth. Sorry I am such a newbie, but I am new to all this. Thank you for any information.

Re: Doxa Sub 300 T Conquistador

Well I will get in there first and say she is a beauty....and if genuine (which I have no doubt it is) then is worth a STACK load....they are very very very rare...and even more so in that condition....I think Conquistadors number in the 10's rather than 100's or 1000's
    Good find...and keep hold!

Quote Originally Posted by mantor View Post
    I just recently inherited a Doxa Conquistador which I believe is from the 70's. I am not sure if I want to sell it yet or not. I just wonder what something like this might be worth. Sorry I am such a newbie, but I am new to all this. Thank you for any information.
    It is really difficult to say what this would be worth. I got your email and was thinking about what to reply when I saw the post and thought I'd answer here. Firstly it is very rare. If I remember right yours makes it about 6 Conquistadors found and only the 3rd Orange dial one. From the photos it looks like the sweep hand on yours is from an earlier SUB 300 as it looks to be a solid colour end and not with luminous material like the others. Whether it came like that or was a retro fit is impossible to say. Of course I'm guessing because the images aren't very clear and it may be a regular sweep hand with very oxidised lume.

To put a price on it would just be a guess. Depends on who wants it and if you sell it private or put it on ebay where there could be a lot more bidding on it. Also with the economy down, prices could have dropped as well. Given the prices I have seen previously for other rare Doxas, I personally would be surprised if it fectched less than 3,000 dollars and could well go for significantly more. That watch is exceedingly rare and given it's position in the helium release valve history I think it should be worth a lot more.

Pete

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdoctor View Post
    ...That watch is exceedingly rare and given it's position in the helium release valve history I think it should be worth a lot more.
    You wouldn't be saying that because you own one, would you Doc?

Congrats on the stellar find Montor! Pete is right, it is a rare and valuable find. With the market down and depending on who you inherited it from, you may want to hold on to that one. I know I would.

Again, congrats and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; September 26th, 2009 at 10:33.

If you decide to sell it, please let me know. I'd be very interested in purchasing it if the price is right. Regards.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mabraun View Post
    If you decide to sell it, please let me know. I'd be very interested in purchasing it if the price is right. Regards.
    Yea, so would everyone else here on the forum.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Wow what a nice inheritance. Do you have any of the stuff that came with it?
    DOXA 1976 SUB 300T Sharkhunter Synchron 2nd gen. (push-in crown)
    DOXA 2002 SUB 300T Pro reissue 927/1000
    "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life" --Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College, 1962

I suspect the owner's PM box has exploded with offers

With all due respect, "mantor" does not even own this watch yet... He is fishing to figure out how much it is worth. I realize that I just joined this forum and so I don't really have any respect, but just visit this link for an auction tomorrow.
    http://www.1800lastbid.com/auction/l...um=117130&ID=0
    You will find the exact pictures that 'mantor' posted - keep an eye on the auction tomorrow to see what Michigan thinks it's worth...

Cheers!

-imthecableman

Quote Originally Posted by imthecableman View Post
    With all due respect, "mantor" does not even own this watch yet... He is fishing to figure out how much it is worth. I realize that I just joined this forum and so I don't really have any respect, but just visit this link for an auction tomorrow.
    http://www.1800lastbid.com/auction/l...um=117130&ID=0
    You will find the exact pictures that 'mantor' posted - keep an eye on the auction tomorrow to see what Michigan thinks it's worth...

Cheers!

-imthecableman
    Thanks for posting this. I must admit to thinking something was a bit off with this one. He has posted on a few forums trying to find a value. Several of us replied here and he never replied with a thanks guys or anything. Bad manners in my opinion. Looks like he was also economical with the truth with the "I just inherited......" bit.

Not really the type we want around here.

Pete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information