DOXA WIS, how to tell a DOXA's Production year?

Thread: DOXA WIS, how to tell a DOXA's Production year?

DOXA WIS, how to tell a DOXA's Production year?

Dear DOXA wis, how does one tell a DOXA by its production year?

to some, getting a DOXA prob not brand new from DOXA official online. Sometimes getting a used watch, you don't always get every paper work. How can one tell?

any one who is familiar with Rolex will know Rolex assign every piece production year by an alphabet letter. Many watch brands don't.

for example my DOXA 1200T came with separate beads of rice. It must be an earlier production version of bracelet no? I am curious which year does my 1200T is really coming from. How old is it?

I also noticed my lume isn't that super bright and sensitive. I assuming because the lume must be aging a bit. But my limited edition number really doesn't appear that early.
    Last edited by wuyeah; March 19th, 2016 at 19:20.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: DOXA WIS, how to tell a DOXA's Production year?

No way to tell, really. If it came with a separate beads of rice bracelet, it is a later production watch. The only exception is if you bought it used, and the previous owner upgraded the bracelet, but I'm sure they would have told you about it. These are all Superluminova lumed dials, so the lume doesn't weaken with age. The only reissues that used tritium were the 300Ts, from 2002.
    Last edited by subkrawler; March 20th, 2016 at 04:31. Reason: Auto-correct typos
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    No way to tell, really. If it came with a separate beads of rice bracelet, it is a later production watch. The only exception is if you bought it used, and the previous owner upgraded the bracelet, but I'm sure they would have told you about it. These are all Superluminova lumed dials, so the lume doesn't weaken with age. The only reissues that used tritium were the 300Ts, from 2002.
    So, the separated beads of rice are actually newer than 4 beads combined ones?
    If suoerluminova doesn't weaken with age then they really need to learn from Seiko divers. Their lum is super bright and sensitive even with inexpensive models too.
    Last edited by subkrawler; March 20th, 2016 at 04:32. Reason: Auto-correct typos in quote

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    So, the separated beads of rice are actually newer than 4 beads combined ones? If suoerluminova doesn't weaken with age then they really need to learn from Seiko divers. Their lum is super bright and sensitive even with inexpensive models too.
    Yes, in the reissue models, the separate beads are much newer. Not sure about the lume, but I've always found it to be adequate. The only time I really use lume, is on a night dive, and I always hit it with my dive light right before reading it anyway. Any other time, there's plenty of ambient light, or I'm asleep.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Yes, in the reissue models, the separate beads are much newer. Not sure about the lume, but I've always found it to be adequate. The only time I really use lume, is on a night dive, and I always hit it with my dive light right before reading it anyway. Any other time, there's plenty of ambient light, or I'm asleep.
    Thank you so much!!

Well put Ty!!!
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Thread Information